#262 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,266 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 24 September 2023 - 09:05 AM

As I said in the game thread yesterday. He's bumped Kremer.

#263 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 24 September 2023 - 09:23 AM

I think Kremer is in Wells territory. Just gassed. Problem is it's too late to get him rested up. And I don't know we have the ability to skip his next start.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#264 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 25 September 2023 - 06:43 AM

I think Kremer is in Wells territory. Just gassed. Problem is it's too late to get him rested up. And I don't know we have the ability to skip his next start

Flaherty is rested and ready and could probably provide at least 3 innings in the next Kremer start.  With any luck the division will already be wrapped up by Dean's next start.

#265 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2023 - 08:50 AM

I think we have underestimated the drain the schedule has put on the Orioles the last 4 weeks.  Two west coast trips, 17 games in a row and then another trip to Houston and Cleveland.  Yeah the guys are tired, they should be, but they rally back every time.  I mentioned in the game thread in Means second to last start that he seemed to be finding his breaking stuff and he was tremendous in Cleveland on Saturday.   He should get G3 IMO.  He is fresh and is a damn good pitcher.  I think he stands up for us in the playoffs.

• NewMarketSean likes this
@mikeghg

#266 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 08:54 AM

Yeah the schedule makers really stuck it to us. Meanwhile TB has two off days this week and then another before the postseason starts.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#267 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2023 - 09:41 AM

Yeah the schedule makers really stuck it to us. Meanwhile TB has two off days this week and then another before the postseason starts.

I think it is pretty clear the schedule makers and MLB did not think it mattered how bad they screwed the Orioles.  I guess they assumed the Orioles were going to be in 5th place and no one would care.  Hopefully next year we get more respect.

@mikeghg

#268 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,266 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 25 September 2023 - 10:35 AM

Its shameful and really has nothing to do with respect or who they think is going to be in  the running. No team should have a schedule with 17 games in a row w/o a day off and two opposite coast trips this late in the season. Its just piss poor from the league office.

#269 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2023 - 10:40 AM

Its shameful and really has nothing to do with respect or who they think is going to be in  the running. No team should have a schedule with 17 games in a row w/o a day off and two opposite coast trips this late in the season. Its just piss poor from the league office.

I think if we look back we would find similar schedules for teams that MLB thinks will be also rans.  This one was extremely difficult, because of all the air miles, time changes etc.  The 2023 Orioles are tough.  They weathered it and will soon have the last laugh.

@mikeghg

#270 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 10:45 AM

I really can’t believe that they make the schedule with any thought of respect or about how good the teams are supposed to be. It’s incredibly complicated as is without worrying about putting the thumb on the scale.
  • BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#271 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 25 September 2023 - 11:43 AM

I really can’t believe that they make the schedule with any thought of respect or about how good the teams are supposed to be. It’s incredibly complicated as is without worrying about putting the thumb on the scale.

I think they routinely try to match up what they consider contenders at the season end.  

@mikeghg

#272 85Knight

85Knight

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 11:44 AM

I think it is pretty clear the schedule makers and MLB did not think it mattered how bad they screwed the Orioles. I guess they assumed the Orioles were going to be in 5th place and no one would care. Hopefully next year we get more respect.

We'll never know what MLB's intent was but hopefully it's being brought to their attention now. I didn't expect us to pick up a big time pitcher so I always thought Means was gonna be key to any kind of playoff run. His return and Grayson's development were absolute musts this season. His start turned that road trip around and has us feeling completely different about this stretch run. He's my no. 3 starter in the playoffs right now.

#273 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 10 October 2023 - 10:34 AM

Yesterday I saw that Means isn't on the ALDS roster due to elbow soreness. Why do bad things happen to good teams

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#274 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,643 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 12:54 PM

Yesterday I saw that Means isn't on the ALDS roster due to elbow soreness. Why do bad things happen to good teams

The domino effect is off the charts with the Means injury as it likely led to the appearance of Webb in game one and Baker / Webb in game 2. 

#275 weird-O

weird-O

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 10 October 2023 - 12:58 PM

The domino effect is off the charts with the Means injury as it likely led to the appearance of Webb in game one and Baker / Webb in game 2. 

UGH! I didn't even think about it on that level.

Good news! I saw a dog today.

#276 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 October 2023 - 09:15 AM

I thought about Means last night.  I wonder if a healthy John Means could have held the Rangers down and maybe allowed the Orioles to settle in.  Ifs and buts.....

• weird-O and 85Knight like this
@mikeghg

#277 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 11 October 2023 - 09:26 AM

I thought about Means last night. I wonder if a healthy John Means could have held the Rangers down and maybe allowed the Orioles to settle in. Ifs and buts.....

He may have pitched Sunday to take some pressure off Grayson, who knows. Prefer a lefty in our park. But yeah, ifs and buts.
  • Mike B and weird-O like this

#278 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 11 October 2023 - 09:28 AM

He may have pitched Sunday to take some pressure off Grayson, who knows. Prefer a lefty in our park. But yeah, ifs and buts.

Yea, I think your right.  Means may have gotten game 2.

@mikeghg

#279 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 22 November 2023 - 08:45 PM

Replaying Means no hitter on MASN. He was so dominant in this game. Im still pissed Severino F'd up the perfect game

#280 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,152 posts

Posted 20 March 2024 - 11:30 AM

Camden Chat: John Means remains on track to bolster Orioles rotation

https://www.camdench...rn-injury-rehab

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=