363 replies to this topic

#361 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 23 May 2024 - 01:14 PM

With Burnes gone after the season, and now Means likely out of the picture for at least a year (and quite likely permanently), that pretty much assures there will be an empty rotation spot after the season (and that’s assuming best case scenario with Bradish). If a spot doesn’t open up for Povich over the next several months, I’d bring him up in September and let him get a taste of the big leagues in the bullpen before he’d need to jump in the rotation next year. (Though I think it’s likely we see him before then)

I don't see a reason to be pessimistic with Bradish at this point, but I agree with Povich getting some MLB time this year. I don't see why he couldn't help in the BP at some point.

#362 BSLMikeLowe

BSLMikeLowe

CFB Analyst

• Moderators
  • 20,044 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 23 May 2024 - 01:16 PM

I don't see a reason to be pessimistic with Bradish at this point, but I agree with Povich getting some MLB time this year. I don't see why he couldn't help in the BP at some point.

Id be shocked if he doesn’t get a call up later this season to work out of the pen, and again that assumes there isn’t a need to put him in the rotation before then.

#363 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,329 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 23 May 2024 - 01:59 PM

Right, it’s why health or not I feel it’s quite likely he doesn’t return to the Orioles. Unless, assuming he needs TJS again, the Orioles take a similar approach they did with him last time and extend him through next season as soon as he has surgery. Given it would be his second time in about two years I’m not so sure the Orioles do that again.

I am all for a team having a players back. But at some point, and I think this may be it for Means, a team has to look out for the rest of the team. Wish them best and move on.

#364 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,435 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 May 2024 - 02:23 PM

Holy shit.  I get the pessimism but a forearm strain isn't 100% Tommy John.  Come on, guys.  

No it's not, but there's a giant correlation between the two, hence why I posted that article. They did a study on it a couple years ago.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=