#161 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

Well that is if you try to take these story lines as true stories and not acting. I think by now everyone knows it is what it is, and trying to be truthful in so much is part of why things are so stale. You can only stretch the truth so far.

Just saying that you can't blatantly rip off a previous gimmick without acknowledging it isn't going to work either. Maybe it's time to start revisiting the golden days, cause the current stuff is dying.

Most of the guys today can't do what was done in the golden days because they need a script. In the Attitude Era, pretty much everybody could just go off and do shoots without a real script. Only three guys in the WWE right now who could do that are Punk, Jericho, and Cena if he goes back to being a rapper. Daniel Bryan's finally starting to get to that level.

And as much as I hate saying this... Punk needs to lose the belt. Have him lose it to Ziggler or Daniel Bryan. And how does Santino have a championship? I mean he's hilarious and all, but it's stupid to have him as the champion when it could be used to push a guy like Brodus Clay or Curt Hawkins.

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#162 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

Santino really needs to lose the belt. There are so many young guys that could really benefit from winning it. It's just become a meaningless joke on him right now.

Punk dropping the belt to Bryan or Ziggler would be great, although I think Ziggler will be in the mix for the World Championship, as he has the MitB briefcase. Really hope Punk doesn't lose it to Cena or (especially) Big Show.

@AdamWolff

#163 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

And as much as I hate saying this... Punk needs to lose the belt. Have him lose it to Ziggler or Daniel Bryan. And how does Santino have a championship? I mean he's hilarious and all, but it's stupid to have him as the champion when it could be used to push a guy like Brodus Clay or Curt Hawkins.

I agree that they both need to lose the title. Punk has had it for long enough time. Someone else should win it. Bryan's already done it before. Let Ziggler win it and be the main event for a while.

I like Santino, but I don't think he is too serious enough to be champion. Having him as champion is basically making me think about the Hardcore title. No real big matches in the end, IMO. Read that on Smackdown, he did lose to someone named Antonio Cesaro in a non-title match. Maybe that'll be the wrestler they're going to be pushing.
@mrbeanage

#164 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

I think Punk hangs onto it until at least the rumble.

Shaemus will lose it to Ziggler IMO although i did read where Del Rio is supposed to win the title soon, so Ziggler may emd up turning face and beat him.

#165 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

I think Punk hangs onto it until at least the rumble.

I think he's got a feud with The Rock around that time. Think he will still have the title by then? That's around 5 or 6 months. I could see him losing it a Survivor Series or Night Of Champions.
@mrbeanage

#166 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

Anyone expecting any surprises for Summerslam??
@brobey1

#167 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Anyone expecting any surprises for Summerslam??

I was thinking about getting it but decided not to.

I could see Cena win tonight, which I think would be a surprise.

I had read Del Rio will win the title at some point as well.

#168 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

I was thinking about getting it but decided not to.

I could see Cena win tonight, which I think would be a surprise.

I had read Del Rio will win the title at some point as well.

Sheamus just defeated Del Rio. Del Rio had his foot on the rope, though, so I'm sure there might be more to this.

So far none of the matches have been bad, but none have really been great. Very average and bland so far, IMO.

@AdamWolff

#169 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Sheamus just defeated Del Rio. Del Rio had his foot on the rope, though, so I'm sure there might be more to this.

So far none of the matches have been bad, but none have really been great. Very average and bland so far, IMO.

I see Jericho won..with him being done, I expected him to lose and retire. Wonder how he leaves?

I thought if Shaemus won that Ziggler would cash in but I guess not.

#170 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

Punk wins.

#171 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

I like Santino, but I don't think he is too serious enough to be champion. Having him as champion is basically making me think about the Hardcore title. No real big matches in the end, IMO. Read that on Smackdown, he did lose to someone named Antonio Cesaro in a non-title match. Maybe that'll be the wrestler they're going to be pushing.

Read that the pre-Summerslam match was Santino losing the title to Antonio Cesaro. Don't like having Punk keep his title, but at least Santino lost his.
@mrbeanage

#172 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

Very, very average show overall. Disappointing as hell for a Summerslam. This is supposed to be your 2nd biggest show after WM, and this was an average PPV. Can say with strong confidence the last 2 TNA PPVs I bought were much better.

I'll provide a bit more tomorrow, but overall very disappointed with the PPV. I'd give it a C.

@AdamWolff

#173 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

So now we know how Jericho leaves...contract termination match tonight.

Although it would be cool if he won, beat Pink tonight and then retired..leaving the belt vacant and they have a tourney.

#174 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Very, very average show overall. Disappointing as hell for a Summerslam. This is supposed to be your 2nd biggest show after WM, and this was an average PPV. Can say with strong confidence the last 2 TNA PPVs I bought were much better.

I'll provide a bit more tomorrow, but overall very disappointed with the PPV. I'd give it a C.

I had forgotten it was the 25th anniversary...they should have made it a much bigger deal.

They didn't introduce any new story lines or things like that.

#175 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

THQ released the roster of their WWE 13 game coming out. Pretty good list.
http://www.ign.com/a... ... -13-roster
Notable exception that jumped out to me was Razor Ramon.

#176 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

Tyler Reks has been released.

He wanted to spend more time with family and asked for his release.

#177 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

Tyler Reks has been released.

He wanted to spend more time with family and asked for his release.

Bummer, he was one of the undercard guys I really liked. He's done a great job getting himself 'over' by using the internet too.

Very commendable reason to ask for his release though, talked about how important being a father was to him. Good luck to him.

@AdamWolff

#178 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

The guy is a real talent... shame he's gone -for now. Good luck to him.

#179 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

Anybody know what Abraham Washington actually said that got him fired from the WWE? I thought with his personality, he was perfect in a managerial role.
@mrbeanage

#180 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

Anybody know what Abraham Washington actually said that got him fired from the WWE? I thought with his personality, he was perfect in a managerial role.

Something to the effect of 'Prime Time Players are as unstoppable as Kobe Bryant in a Colorado hotel room.'

Attitude era would have loved it, PG era doesn't tolerate any rape jokes.

@AdamWolff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=