• Please log in to reply
5915 replies to this topic

#181 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

I could see why the WWE might be offended by the comment. I would like for them to go back to the Attitude era. It worked so well for them in the past. The PG era is going to hurt the WWE.
@mrbeanage

#182 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

I could see why the WWE might be offended by the comment. I would like for them to go back to the Attitude era. It worked so well for them in the past. The PG era is going to hurt the WWE.

They're now airing a show on Saturday mornings for kids that features one match. I read that no wrestling moves involving the neck will be shown, as they're viewed as too violent.

I completely understand the financial benefits of going to a more PG show, but in a lot of ways WWE has neutered their overall product and alienated a huge part of their fanbase.

They better hope TNA doesn't ever get enough financial backing to take them on, because they would be in trouble.

@AdamWolff

#183 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Linda McMahon candidacy is a big reason the attitude era is gone. My son has a friend who works for the WWE and has told him more than once they have toned down in part because of Linda.

The comment did have something to do with Kobe and the Colordao situation.
@mikeghg

#184 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

So, I recently started a blog that I'm going to use for random sports related pieces, wrestling included. I haven't really made the blog 'public' yet per say, in that I haven't told anyone or pushed it at all, but one of the things I'm going to do is a Raw results/reaction thread each Monday night/Tuesday morning with the short recaps of each match/segment and my thoughts on them. Thought this was a decent time to post my first one..

http://hungrylikethe... ... -reaction/
  • BSLChrisStoner and Greg Pappas like this

@AdamWolff

#185 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

Jerry Lawyer appears to have suffered a heart attack at Raw. Receiving medical attention (CPR) in the back. This NOT a work.

Prayers for the King!
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#186 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Didn't hear about the heart attack. Good thing medical attention was there.

Saw the news about it, so I started watching Raw. Michael Cole was definitely shaken up by it. Kept saying that this was basically unscripted and that they weren't doing commentary. Watched a Cody Rhodes-Rey Mysterio match that had no commentary. Very weird.
@mrbeanage

#187 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

According to reports that I read this morning, Lawler is in stable condition and breathing on his own. His life was saved by the EMT's backstage before taking him to the hospital.
@MKlein76

#188 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

It looks like Lawler had heart surgery. He had a stint and a balloon put in, according to his ex-wife.

http://www.wrestlezo... ... al-details
@MKlein76

#189 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

The Hogan/bubba sex tape stuff is pretty funny.

Ryback gets Punk...Cena must still be hurt. No way Ryback loses IMO.

#190 TomPeace

TomPeace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Does anyone else think Ryback was pushed to fast to Main Event status?

#191 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Does anyone else think Ryback was pushed to fast to Main Event status?

Same as Goldberg although I'm surprised they didn't put another belt on him first.

I think he wins tomorrow but loses the title back to Punk before the RR, so Punk can face The Rock at RR.

My guess is Lesnar will interfere, costing Ryback the title(Heyman connection with Punk and Lesnar), setting up Ryback and Lesnar at RR.

Cena then faces Rock at WM....Undertaker is in bad shape and may not wrestle at Mania this year which means Lesnar probably faces HHH.

#192 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Same as Goldberg although I'm surprised they didn't put another belt on him first.

I think he wins tomorrow but loses the title back to Punk before the RR, so Punk can face The Rock at RR.

My guess is Lesnar will interfere, costing Ryback the title(Heyman connection with Punk and Lesnar), setting up Ryback and Lesnar at RR.

Cena then faces Rock at WM....Undertaker is in bad shape and may not wrestle at Mania this year which means Lesnar probably faces HHH.

It's not the same as Goldberg. Ryback was in FCW for years. He's paid his dues. Goldberg never did.

#193 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

Hell in A Cell PPV tonight. From the results I read, it sounded pretty good. Big Show is new World Champion. I was hoping that Show would lose to Sheamus and then have Ziggler come in for quick win, but no such luck. CM Punk won by pinfall, but there was interference. Might've been fun to watch.
@mrbeanage

#194 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,651 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

Hell in A Cell PPV tonight. From the results I read, it sounded pretty good. Big Show is new World Champion. I was hoping that Show would lose to Sheamus and then have Ziggler come in for quick win, but no such luck. CM Punk won by pinfall, but there was interference. Might've been fun to watch.

Evidently the interference was the ref hitting Ryback with a low blow and then quick counting him. Somehow they ended with Ryback hitting the finishing on top of the cage. Ref interferin, that is an interesting spin.
@mikeghg

#195 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Wasn't really a fan of the main event. Everything just had a very WCW vibe to it. Thought they made Punk look weak overall, having him ducking and dodging, often times seeming terrified of Ryback, and then needing to use weapons on him. Ryback looked strong in the ring, but it seemed evident to me he had no business being in a WWE Championship match.

Best match of the night, by far, was Show vs Sheamus. I really wasn't expecting much from that match, not a huge fan of either of them, but they really brought it. Great stuff from both of them.

They announced last night on Raw that there would be a Team Punk vs Team Foley match at Survivor Series. I'm assuming this will be the main event, which is interesting because they haven't had a traditional survivor series match as the main event in quite awhile.

I hate their delivery on this, though, for a couple reasons:

1. Why should we care about this? Foley and Punk really have no history, but all of a sudden the main event of one of the biggest PPVs of the year is built behind them. They have a five minute interaction and all of a sudden, this is what we get. More WWE thrown together BS.

2. Foley isn't even wrestling, which probably isn't all that bad because I'm not sure what he can do anymore, but it just further illustrates that there is no heat between the two. What is the overall goal here? What does Foley achieve by beating Punk and vice versa? Bragging rights? Whoopee!

3. The WWE, Tag Team, and IC champions are all involved and the match just happens to include all of the opponents they just faced at Hell in a Cell. It feels like a glorified Raw match, really. Similar to last year, when the Survivor Series main event was 100% to build the Rock/Cena feud for Mania, I feel like all they're doing here is trying to advance some feuds. For what? TLC?

4. So the Main Event has nearly all of your top belts, what is the undercard going to be? I'd imagine you'll get a Show vs Sheamus rematch, which should be good, but we just saw it. It looks like Dolph and Cena are starting something, which I love for Dolph, but the storyline of Cena/AJ is just stupid. There will probably be a Sin Cara/Rey Mysterio tag match or maybe traditional SS format match and maybe something for the US Title, all of which are fine and dandy, but nothing is even remotely exciting.

5. PPV scheduling. There are just 3 weeks between Hell in a Cell and Survivor Series. By comparison, there were 6 weeks between Night of Champions and Hell in a Cell. This is the shortest time between any PPVs all year and it guarantees that the Survivor Series card will be thrown together and not properly built. WWE will never go back to just the big 4 PPVs, but they need to ensure those cards get the proper build and allowing scheduling to play out like this.

I expect this to be a pretty bad card overall, which is a shame because they've done some nice things lately with the Tag Division and guys like Cesaro, Gabriel, and '3MB'. Perhaps I'm just being tough on the product, but honestly watching TNA and what they've done lately has opened my eyes to a lot of the really stupid things WWE has done and continues to do.

@AdamWolff

#196 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

Lesnar will return at SS to help Punks team win.

That will be the big deal from SS I assume.

#197 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

So kind of checked out after Summer Slam. I see Punk is still the champ which is what I expected. I've thought he would hold it heading into Royal Rumble where he will lose it to the Rock with help from Austin. Still sets up my Wrestlemania predicitions of

Punk- Austin
Rock- Cena 2 for the title where IMO Cena turns heel to win the title.
Brock- Undertaker.

#198 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

So kind of checked out after Summer Slam. I see Punk is still the champ which is what I expected. I've thought he would hold it heading into Royal Rumble where he will lose it to the Rock with help from Austin. Still sets up my Wrestlemania predicitions of

Punk- Austin
Rock- Cena 2 for the title where IMO Cena turns heel to win the title.
Brock- Undertaker.

Austin not wrestling this WM...Taker may not either.

Agree with Cena prediction.

#199 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Still trying to figure out why the WWE wants The Rock to be fighting in a title match. Might make the PPV more exciting, but I'm not expecting The Rock to win the title.
@mrbeanage

#200 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,759 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Lesnar will return at SS to help Punks team win.

That will be the big deal from SS I assume.

That would be a good way to set up a Lesnar Ryback match at WM. I'm not a big Ryback fan, but that gives him something to do and keeps him out of the title picture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=