5915 replies to this topic

#141 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

Can't give the Rock the belt unless he will commit full time, which I'm guessing he won't.
@brobey1

#142 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

Perfect time for a Punk heel turn. He's been a face for a year now and if you remember the epic promo which essentially turned him face he told the fans not to cheer him. He can play up the looking out for himself angle and the need to hang on to the belt. I was thinking while watching, how many times have you seen someone turn face/heel during a title reign. It rarely happens. I mean you've seen titles change hand because of a turn but rarely someone turn while holding the belt.

My guess is what this does is set Punk up to keep the title through Royal Rumble. Maybe he builds a big heel stable along with Show and is hell bent on keeping the title at all costs. The Rock takes it from him at Royal umble with help from Austin which sets up Punk- Austin at WrestleMania. My guess is Rock has signed off on basically being with WWE from Jan through WrestleMania. He's talked about the title for awhile now so I do think they give it to him but at the same time he'll have to commit to pretty much all the Raws and the PPVs from the Rumble til WrestleMania. Oh and my guess at this time would be Cena vs Rock 2 at WM, this time for the title. And if there was ever a time for Cena to be turned heel it would be then. He plays up the fact that he couldn't beat Rock last year and this was the only way for him to get that victory he claims he has to have, plus he gets the title which I'm guessing he will have not held at that point for over a year(when was the last time Cena held the belt???)

#143 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:32 AM

Can't give the Rock the belt unless he will commit full time, which I'm guessing he won't.

Unless he goes to WM and loses it but they have said GI Joe will be out then, so he will be promoting it.

#144 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

Perfect time for a Punk heel turn. He's been a face for a year now and if you remember the epic promo which essentially turned him face he told the fans not to cheer him. He can play up the looking out for himself angle and the need to hang on to the belt. I was thinking while watching, how many times have you seen someone turn face/heel during a title reign. It rarely happens. I mean you've seen titles change hand because of a turn but rarely someone turn while holding the belt.

I was surprised by it at first, but now that I think about it, I like CM Punk turning heel again. The whole AJ-Kane-Bryan-Punk thing has basically run its course IMO. Punk needed to go back to being a heel. Interested to see how AJ will do as RAW GM.
@mrbeanage

#145 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

Unless he goes to WM and loses it but they have said GI Joe will be out then, so he will be promoting it.

If they can get Rock to stay from Jan - WM, he wins the belt at RR and then loses it at WM.

Will be interesting to see the ratings for Raw last night and see if they can build on that momentum.
@brobey1

#146 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

If they can get Rock to stay from Jan - WM, he wins the belt at RR and then loses it at WM.

Will be interesting to see the ratings for Raw last night and see if they can build on that momentum.

I just dont see how the Rock can stick around for that time with all the promoting he is apparently going to be doing.

They had said that he may not be able to appear at Mania because of the movie. So, perhaps that why he is going to RR this year?

BNick brought up a good point. One thing I had read that they may do for the 1000th episode of Raw is another Nexus type thing. Another stable that takes over for a while.

Well, the angle change was obviously Punk turning heel. So, does he now start a stable? I could easily see that.

#147 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Why Austin wasn't at Raw:

F4Wonline.com reports that Austin is in California working on the movie Grown Ups 2 and he wasn't a big enough star to where he could just take a day away from filming to appear on RAW.

I guess this is why they decided to do the video montage of SCSA, so at least he played some part.

#148 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

Well, the angle change was obviously Punk turning heel. So, does he now start a stable? I could easily see that.

I noticed that when Kane was in the ring last night, there was a group of people, about 6 of them I think, lead by Jinder Mahal (?). Could that be a new stable right there?
@mrbeanage

#149 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

I noticed that when Kane was in the ring last night, there was a group of people, about 6 of them I think, lead by Jinder Mahal (?). Could that be a new stable right there?

A few of them could be if they and to push them(like Rhodes and dibiase) but as a group, they aren't good enough or a major stable.

#150 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

SCSA came out today and said reason he wasnt at Raw1000 was he is rehabbing knee surgery he had in early July and didn't want to hobble to the ring on crutches...
@brobey1

#151 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

It was interesting timing that I tweeted to WWE's Kevin Eck hours before the show that they need to push for a new Heel Group, and a separate tweet that opined that Tyler Reks could be a sensation if they put facepaint on him and gave him a serious push. He has the look to pull it off, and enough in ring talent to make it happen.

#152 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

It was interesting timing that I tweeted to WWE's Kevin Eck hours before the show that they need to push for a new Heel Group, and a separate tweet that opined that Tyler Reks could be a sensation if they put facepaint on him and gave him a serious push. He has the look to pull it off, and enough in ring talent to make it happen.

Reks and McIntyre are 2 that could get a big push.

#153 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:14 AM

Huge fan of Tyler Reks. He and Curt Hawkins are actually a very solid tag team in that they can both work in the ring and work well together. Hope they get more TV time going forward.

@AdamWolff

#154 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Huge fan of Tyler Reks. He and Curt Hawkins are actually a very solid tag team in that they can both work in the ring and work well together. Hope they get more TV time going forward.

Though they try, they are just too boring for me, and though Hawkins is a former TT champ, I think Reks would be better served going solo. Reks is missing something, and while it may sound trivial, facepaint on the right guy can really shoot them up in popularity.

#155 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

Though they try, they are just too boring for me, and though Hawkins is a former TT champ, I think Reks would be better served going solo. Reks is missing something, and while it may sound trivial, facepaint on the right guy can really shoot them up in popularity.

Have him come in as the "son" of the Ultimate Warrior with a similar kinda schtick.
@JeremyMStrain

#156 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

Have him come in as the "son" of the Ultimate Warrior with a similar kinda schtick.

I'd avoid any direct ties to the Warrior, though I see what you mean. Reks' free-spirit personality would fit in well with some "Native-American-like" lines beneath the eyes... at least on one side. I always thought that was a very cool look... and not many wrestlers do that.

At 33, his time is now or never.

#157 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

I think that the whole "son" of a wrestler really doesn't work, unless the wrestler is the legitimate son of them, ie DiBiase or Rhodes. It really didn't work in WCW with The Giant being the "son" of Andre The Giant. It's not to say that the WWE couldn't make it work, but I don't think it is workable.
@mrbeanage

#158 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

I think that the whole "son" of a wrestler really doesn't work, unless the wrestler is the legitimate son of them, ie DiBiase or Rhodes. It really didn't work in WCW with The Giant being the "son" of Andre The Giant. It's not to say that the WWE couldn't make it work, but I don't think it is workable.

Well that is if you try to take these story lines as true stories and not acting. I think by now everyone knows it is what it is, and trying to be truthful in so much is part of why things are so stale. You can only stretch the truth so far.

Just saying that you can't blatantly rip off a previous gimmick without acknowledging it isn't going to work either. Maybe it's time to start revisiting the golden days, cause the current stuff is dying.
@JeremyMStrain

#159 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Maybe it's time to start revisiting the golden days, cause the current stuff is dying.

I think they need to bring managers/stables back more consistently. I would have to imagine that a good percentage of the fans watching are the fans that got hooked in the 90s.
@mrbeanage

#160 Russ

Russ

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

They should go straight kayfabe again. Everyone knows it is fake. So what? So are movies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=