• Please log in to reply
5915 replies to this topic

#101 Tyler Bingaman

Tyler Bingaman
  • Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

Well I was wrong about that one. No major title changes. I'm not sure how great the PPV was, but based on the results I read, the matches most entertaining to watch were the Triple Threat cage match between Punk v Kane v Bryan, and the Cage Match.

They're discussing a Triple H v Lesnar match at Summerslam. I guess Lesnar is still with the WWE at the present moment.

Dolph and Sheamus had a pretty good match. I also enjoyed the triple threat. I believe Lesnar is signed up to Wrestlemania.
@bings012

#102 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

I really hope Ziggler wins Money in the Bank. He's a top level talent and really an all around performer.

@AdamWolff

#103 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Raw this past Monday was one of the worst I've ever watched. WWE has completely screwed the pooch lately and it really is a shame, because two of their premier guys (Punk and Bryan) are excellent all around. But when you have ANOTHER Lawler/Cole match, squash matches, Hornswaggle being revealed as the anonymous GM and biting people in the ass, etc..you have an awful show.

I'd encourage any WWE fan to tune into TNA Impact tonight, provided you don't have DirecTV and just lose Spike. TNA put on a very enjoyable PPV on Sunday and has had an excellent product of late.

@AdamWolff

#104 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

Raw this past Monday was one of the worst I've ever watched. WWE has completely screwed the pooch lately and it really is a shame, because two of their premier guys (Punk and Bryan) are excellent all around. But when you have ANOTHER Lawler/Cole match, squash matches, Hornswaggle being revealed as the anonymous GM and biting people in the ass, etc..you have an awful show.

I'd encourage any WWE fan to tune into TNA Impact tonight, provided you don't have DirecTV and just lose Spike. TNA put on a very enjoyable PPV on Sunday and has had an excellent product of late.

I'll have to admit that Raw wasn't the best ones I have seen. Now that MITB is over, maybe it will try and be more respectable again. Cena will be going back after the title. Dolph Ziggler won the other MITB. Hopefully this means that it is time for the WWE to put a title around his waist. Let him be champ and see what he can do with it.
@mrbeanage

#105 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

I agree...I hope they don't make it a "joke chase" for Ziggler either, where he tries to cash it in numerous times and gets "foiled" before the bell rings or something stupid like that. He has clearly showed he has the talent (in ring and on mic) to move up in the WWE and hold one of the 2 big belts.
@brobey1

#106 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

Cena winning MITB isn't surprising but what do you do with him?

Another Cena/CM Punk feud seems pointless.

So, you have to figure Cena goes after the belt when he loses it and Cena can feud with someone different.

#107 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

I agree...I hope they don't make it a "joke chase" for Ziggler either, where he tries to cash it in numerous times and gets "foiled" before the bell rings or something stupid like that. He has clearly showed he has the talent (in ring and on mic) to move up in the WWE and hold one of the 2 big belts.

At MITB, after the Sheamus-Alberto Del Rio match, Ziggler came down to the ring ready to cash it in, but the match never started. I could see that happening again. As the heel character, I can see him being the type to cash it in after Sheamus or Punk loses or something.

Cena winning MITB isn't surprising but what do you do with him?

Another Cena/CM Punk feud seems pointless.

So, you have to figure Cena goes after the belt when he loses it and Cena can feud with someone different.

It would make sense, but I can really see the WWE having another CM Punk-Cena feud. Could be Daniel Bryan. Just can't really see Daniel Bryan working well with the mic. Important skill to have if you're dealing with Cena.
@mrbeanage

#108 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Cena announces he will cash in next week.

He will lose IMO...my guess is someone will cost him the match, to start a feud for summer slam.

#109 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

SO next week is 1000 Raw. I expect a lot of big names and the WWE going all out. I'll probably tune in. Cena vs Punk again this summer actually wouldn't be the worst thing IMO. I thought their feud last year was really good. Kept me interested and watching every week which is more than I can say for any other time except the months leading up to WrestleMania.

#110 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

SO next week is 1000 Raw. I expect a lot of big names and the WWE going all out. I'll probably tune in. Cena vs Punk again this summer actually wouldn't be the worst thing IMO. I thought their feud last year was really good. Kept me interested and watching every week which is more than I can say for any other time except the months leading up to WrestleMania.

For one match, its no big deal.

Either Cena loses because of interference or Punk does. If Punk loses, my guess is he will feud with that person immediately and not do the whole rematch clause thing.

If Cena loses, which I think is the expectation, he will feud with whoever causes that loss through the summer.

#111 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

The 1000th episode should be great and they need it to be. Although last night was definitely better, it's been pretty average overall. Bryan and AJ are supposed to be on 'The Peep Show' with Christian on Smackdown, so maybe that leads to a Bryan/Christian feud for the IC title? Also love the possibility of a Jericho/Ziggler feud, tons of potential there.

@AdamWolff

#112 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

The 1000th episode should be great and they need it to be. Although last night was definitely better, it's been pretty average overall. Bryan and AJ are supposed to be on 'The Peep Show' with Christian on Smackdown, so maybe that leads to a Bryan/Christian feud for the IC title? Also love the possibility of a Jericho/Ziggler feud, tons of potential there.

Jericho is gone after summerslam. Ziggler going to be the last guy he puts over? And then Ziggler goes on and wins the title with that "momentum"?

I think Wade Barrett is going to play into this somewhere next week, probably in an angle vs Shaemus.

DX starts off next week and LEsnar likely attacks Michaels.

Not sure what the Rock will do.

Cena likely loses but not sure who you have him fued with.

And what do you have Taker do? Gotta think he is there next week. What is his purpose going to be? My guess is to start the build up for his WM opponent but that is supposed to be Lesnar and he has his own angle going on.

Maybe they will have Taker vs Rock or Cena and he will play some role in what they do next week?

#113 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

I don't know how others feel, but I'd love it if the WWE pulled another Nexus-like event at 1,000. A heel group is always fun, and I wasn't as excited to watch WWE --or wrestling anywhere for that matter-- as I was during the Nexus angle... at least the beginning of it. Imagine a new DX/NWO/Horsemen-like element... it would be cool, and unexpected.

#114 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

I don't know how others feel, but I'd love it if the WWE pulled another Nexus-like event at 1,000. A heel group is always fun, and I wasn't as excited to watch WWE --or wrestling anywhere for that matter-- as I was during the Nexus angle... at least the beginning of it. Imagine a new DX/NWO/Horsemen-like element... it would be cool, and unexpected.

Stables are always good.

BTW, I just read something that said The Rock's announcement next week will be that he is entering the Royal Rumble.

#115 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Agree completely. I thought they really had a strong foundation with Vickie, Dolph, and Swagger. Adding another two guys would have made that really cool.

Right now, maybe AW could add another couple guys to the Prime Time Players for something there. Some of the most enjoyable wrestling storylines over the years have involved stables, and even if they don't end up being legendary, they're usually at a minimum more enjoyable than if they didn't exist. It's also a way to associate lesser characters with something. I think they should definitely establish some sort of heel stable.

@AdamWolff

#116 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Agree completely. I thought they really had a strong foundation with Vickie, Dolph, and Swagger. Adding another two guys would have made that really cool.

Right now, maybe AW could add another couple guys to the Prime Time Players for something there. Some of the most enjoyable wrestling storylines over the years have involved stables, and even if they don't end up being legendary, they're usually at a minimum more enjoyable than if they didn't exist. It's also a way to associate lesser characters with something. I think they should definitely establish some sort of heel stable.

There had been talk of an international stable with guys like Shaemus, mcIntyre(what the hell has happened to this guy?), Barrett and a few others.

With Finlay back with WWE, it could be cool to have him be the "manager" and lead these guys.

#117 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Stables are always good.

BTW, I just read something that said The Rock's announcement next week will be that he is entering the Royal Rumble.

Various thoughts...

Johnson announcing that would get a yawn' reaction out of me. Telling me your going to wrestle in six months is supposed to excite me? LOL. I wish the WWE spent as much time trying to get over the young guys as they do with aging/aged vets.

I understand it's all about the money... so the WWE will ride that horse (Rock) until it can't go anymore. Dwayne may only have another couple of years in him to perform at the level typically necessary for a quality match, so --again-- we'll see him wrestle a few more times over the next couple of years.

Cena is/has been boring, though he's supposed to be a damn good guy and hard worker. I just hate seeing the same guys over and over and over and over again.

Punk has disappointed me as well, as he's obviously fawning for fan support in whatever he says... he's become very "corporate" in that regard. He's still my favorite wrestler though, and Bryan is also good. Wade Barrett had/has potential, and Ziggler, despite the name, shows serious promise. He's passed Cody Rhodes in my view of the WWE hierarchy.

The WWE could use a monstrous, unstoppable figure... and while Ryback is interesting, I'm not yet sold that he can be that guy.

#118 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Swagger is boring to me, and they may need to try a new look, angle with him. VG is a total no-no in my book. While she is great in her role, I can't stand looking at her, so there's that.Apologies if that offended anyone. :P

We agree about the lack of stables/heel groups, obviously. However, while AW has potential as a manager, the PTP's are awful. Titus is hard to watch, and Darren Young doesn't have "it".

I'd love to see a new masked or face-painted star come out of nowhere to storm the WWE, much like a Vader or Ultimate Warrior did.

Good post though.

#119 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Bottom line, what makes wrestling good is unpredictability and making the fans feel like what their watching could be real. You have to blur lines and just become less predictable overall. Thats why their was such a buzz over the CM Punk thing last year. Punk was angle shooting, there really was a sense of not knowing what he was going to do or say next. That's why IMO, there needs to be more worked shoots instead of this contrived, clearly fictional stuff. When there is real drama behind the scenes air it in public, people eat that stuff up. It's why the Cena- Rock stuff was really good for the most part. Obviously, you still are "working" but it makes things seem real.

Bottom line is you are going to have to bring that "reality show" aspect to pro wrestling. People are always going to ultimately understand it is "fake" and they can suspend reality to a point. With MMA being the real deal now there is no doubt it hurts pro wrestling. Why suspend reality, let alone buy into completely fake and predictable BS like "SuperCena" or "Hulkamania" when you can watch the real deal.

#120 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

There had been talk of an international stable with guys like Shaemus, mcIntyre(what the hell has happened to this guy?), Barrett and a few others.

With Finlay back with WWE, it could be cool to have him be the "manager" and lead these guys.

Interesting, but I wonder: Under what premise would that group form? The whole 'We hate America' shtick is boring and overdone. Another concept outside of that could be interesting. The Finlay idea is a very good one though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=