5915 replies to this topic

#81 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Cena vs Big Show is pretty boring. I know Show is a great guy, good company man, but he doesn't interest me at all anymore. And please, please don't make it the main event. There were so many times over the years WWE dropped the ball on the main event, because they insisted the WWE Championship match be last. The Punk vs Bryan match will absolutely be the best match and should go last.

Also interested to see how the 3 hour Raw ends up working out. It was a death sentence for WCW and WWE will probably screw it up, but if they do it properly, they could show a lot more young talent and do a better job developing storylines for the undercard matches.

Chris, could we get this thread changed to WWE Chat? Since it's been all about WWE and I've created a TNA Thread?

I hope with the additional hour, they put some focus on the Tag Team Belts (wishful thinking, I know)...loved watching good tag teams back in the day and would love to see them go all-in on Tag Team wrestling again (unlike just randomly pairing two guys together for the hell of it)...

Also, wouldn't mind seeing them "push" the secondary belts a bit more as well...
@brobey1

#82 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

Cena vs Big Show is pretty boring. I know Show is a great guy, good company man, but he doesn't interest me at all anymore. And please, please don't make it the main event. There were so many times over the years WWE dropped the ball on the main event, because they insisted the WWE Championship match be last. The Punk vs Bryan match will absolutely be the best match and should go last.

Also interested to see how the 3 hour Raw ends up working out. It was a death sentence for WCW and WWE will probably screw it up, but if they do it properly, they could show a lot more young talent and do a better job developing storylines for the undercard matches.

Chris, could we get this thread changed to WWE Chat? Since it's been all about WWE and I've created a TNA Thread?

I hope with the additional hour, they put some focus on the Tag Team Belts (wishful thinking, I know)...loved watching good tag teams back in the day and would love to see them go all-in on Tag Team wrestling again (unlike just randomly pairing two guys together for the hell of it)...

Also, wouldn't mind seeing them "push" the secondary belts a bit more as well...

Completely agree. They have a couple solid young tag teams, they just need to build them. Using Reks and Hawkins as 'henchmen' for Johnny L is a good idea. Get some heat against them, give them some matches, let them become a solid heel team. They both can work pretty well. Primo/Epic and Darren Young/Titus O'Neil are both solid young teams as well. They just need to give these guys some solid time and a decent storyline. I'm actually starting to like Ziggler and Swagger together. Swagger has stepped his game up a bit in terms of playing to the Ziggler 'Show off' style and they complement each other pretty well. Still rather see Ziggler on his own, but for now it's not bad.

I've also heard talk of them using the extra hour to push a new cruiserweight division, which would be excellent IMO.

@AdamWolff

#83 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

I've also heard talk of them using the extra hour to push a new cruiserweight division, which would be excellent IMO.

I've read rumors that people backstage might not be fans of the additional hour of wrestling. Might lead to them being burnt out.

I did hear that they were pushing the cruiserweight division a little. Read that they were interested in signing Alex Shelley. Makes sense then.
@mrbeanage

#84 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

It now sounds like Taker vs Lesnar will happen at WM, which is what has always made sense.

Going to be interesting to see what The Rock does for WM since the Gi Joe movie is coming out just a week or so before WM. He will be out promoting GI Joe, so I wonder if he will be able to appear at Mania now?

Also, Orton has been suspended for 60 days.
  • Tyler Bingaman likes this

#85 Tyler Bingaman

Tyler Bingaman
  • Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Randy Orton suspended 60 days for 2nd violation of WWE Wellness Policy...

This is a shame to me, I love Orton as a wrestler, but as a person, I'm not so sure I can back him anymore. First the news broke about the Marine and his poor service history in our military, and now the wellness violations.

It's also a shame because I had just read the day before that they were planning on an Orton vs Ziggler feud, which would have been amazing for Ziggler, and for the fans.
  • Adam Wolff likes this
@bings012

#86 Tyler Bingaman

Tyler Bingaman
  • Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

It now sounds like Taker vs Lesnar will happen at WM, which is what has always made sense.

Going to be interesting to see what The Rock does for WM since the Gi Joe movie is coming out just a week or so before WM. He will be out promoting GI Joe, so I wonder if he will be able to appear at Mania now?

I can't see Taker losing to Lesnar, from the things I have read about Taker, he has wanted to lose the streak to put over a deserving young superstar. I don't think Lesnar qualifies.
@bings012

#87 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

It's also a shame because I had just read the day before that they were planning on an Orton vs Ziggler feud, which would have been amazing for Ziggler, and for the fans.

Ziggler and Orton could have been great.

Orton needs to get it together. He gets more company backing and pushing than anyone not named Cena. Not only in angles and storylines, but through merchandise, appearances, etc. He really is the 2nd face of the company.

We had the attitude era. We had/have the PG era. Now we're entering..wait for it..the suspension era!

@AdamWolff

#88 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

Ziggler and Orton could have been great.

Orton needs to get it together. He gets more company backing and pushing than anyone not named Cena. Not only in angles and storylines, but through merchandise, appearances, etc. He really is the 2nd face of the company.

We had the attitude era. We had/have the PG era. Now we're entering..wait for it..the suspension era!

One more suspension and he is gone too.

#89 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

I can't see Taker losing to Lesnar, from the things I have read about Taker, he has wanted to lose the streak to put over a deserving young superstar. I don't think Lesnar qualifies.

No chance he loses that match..plus, that is likely Lesnar's last match anyway, so its not like they will have him going out a winner.

They had been saying that Rock vs Brock was going to happen at WM. I wonder what changed? Is it the movie or did they decide to have The Rock facing someone else, like CM Punk for example?

#90 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Rock vs Brock would be much more interesting, IMO. There's no way Brock beats Taker unless something dramatically changes and he commits himself to the WWE full time and long term. Even then, I dunno. Rock vs Brock would be very good, could certainly see that going either way.

The Taker thing will be very interesting. Could Michaels be involved in something? I know I had heard some rumor, but I don't remember the specifics. It may have been about HBK vs HHH.

@AdamWolff

#91 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

Could Orton be done with WWE?:

Randy Orton's future with WWE is uncertain following their announcement Wednesday that he was being suspended for 60 days for his second violation of the Talent Wellness Program. SuperLuchas.net reports the SmackDown wrestler met with Chairman Vince McMahon, Executive Vice President of Talent and Live Events Paul Levesque and Executive Vice President of Television Production Kevin Dunn at the organization's headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut on Friday to discuss his future with the organization.

A WWE source described the meeting's atmosphere as "hostile;" it was determined that a further decision concerning Orton awaits. The report adds there are "several" officials lobbying for his termination as a cost-cutting measure. They feel his lucrative ten-year contract—signed in January 2010—can no longer be justified if he is brought back in a mid-level role. His second suspension hinders WWE from continuing to feature Orton in headline role since a third drug-testing policy infraction would result in automatic termination.

#92 Tyler Bingaman

Tyler Bingaman
  • Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

I certainly hope not, but it seems the guy is a headcase. The more I learn about him, the less I like him.
@bings012

#93 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

Checked the card for the No Way Out PPV Sunday. If Big Show loses, then Lauranitis is fired. Interesting stipulation there. Best news though is that Sheamus is defending his title against Dolph Ziggler. I'm hoping that this is the time that the WWE gets it right and makes Ziggler champion. This needs to happen!
@mrbeanage

#94 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

Checked the card for the No Way Out PPV Sunday. If Big Show loses, then Lauranitis is fired. Interesting stipulation there. Best news though is that Sheamus is defending his title against Dolph Ziggler. I'm hoping that this is the time that the WWE gets it right and makes Ziggler champion. This needs to happen!

And if Cena loses, he s fired.

John L has had some responsibilities taken away from him, so he could be gone as GM, thankfully.

#95 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Hmm Cena or John L getting fired? Which one is more likely to happen?

I thought John L was decent as a GM. I just think it went bad when he was GM of both RAW and Smackdown. I think they should've just stuck with John on RAW and Teddy on Smackdown.
@mrbeanage

#96 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

I thought John L was decent as a GM. I just think it went bad when he was GM of both RAW and Smackdown. I think they should've just stuck with John on RAW and Teddy on Smackdown.

Shoulda kept John and Teddy on = ground and had them try to maneuver and out maneuver one another with their own heels/faces and led up to a Raw V Smackdown PPV.
@JeremyMStrain

#97 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

Well they have already had the Cena fired angle. OTOH, he was going to take time off and has his divorce to deal with.

#98 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

Well they have already had the Cena fired angle. OTOH, he was going to take time off and has his divorce to deal with.

I forgot about Cena's divorce. He might need time off to deal with that.
@mrbeanage

#99 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

Anyone have predictions for the PPV tonight? I'm hoping that Dolph Ziggler wins the title tonight.
@mrbeanage

#100 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

Anyone have predictions for the PPV tonight? I'm hoping that Dolph Ziggler wins the title tonight.

Well I was wrong about that one. No major title changes. I'm not sure how great the PPV was, but based on the results I read, the matches most entertaining to watch were the Triple Threat cage match between Punk v Kane v Bryan, and the Cage Match.

They're discussing a Triple H v Lesnar match at Summerslam. I guess Lesnar is still with the WWE at the present moment.
@mrbeanage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=