#61 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

I doubt Cena is 'able' to compete. Stories had him taking some time off, so it makes sense that Tensai and Johnny L finished him off and keep him out for awhile. Actually, it's not a bad move on WWE's part, if they go that route. Get's nice heel heat on Johnny, Tensai, and Brock for all having a part in knocking Cena out. Cena has reitterated on many occasions that he is HERE and will always be HERE, so it's supposed to be a big deal when he's not. I get it, and it's not a bad thing. I bet WWE releases one of their press releases on their site saying Cena will be out for awhile.

I could see that. I mean, if not, then his speech is for nothing.

But since they did cover it up last night by him saying he didn't have a broken arm or torn muscles and that he thought he did, I tend to think he will wrestle.

I thought it was obvious it would be Cena vs John L...I am sure it will be something where Cena will wrestle with one arm. Tensai will be at ringside...probably interfere and eventually set up a Tensai/Cena feud, which I read was a rumored feud a few weeks ago. Does it extend all the way to SS? That will just depend on if they actually have Cena take time off or if Tensai is a believable main eventer.

I tend to think Lesnar won't be involved as he has moved on to HHH and the whole will he be fired angle.

And since they are limited to the appearances Lesnar will make, they likely need to write him off for a little bit of time.

#62 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

I haven't watched pro wresting in awhile now (no time), but I still keep up with what's going on through message boards and reading occasional blogs. Most of what I read is about WWE (which is what I always prefered). I was wondering if anybody pays attention to or follows TNA. I thought a couple years ago they were starting to get bigger, but it seems like they have fallen off. Is it because of Hogan and Bischoff?
@MKlein76

#63 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

I haven't watched pro wresting in awhile now (no time), but I still keep up with what's going on through message boards and reading occasional blogs. Most of what I read is about WWE (which is what I always prefered). I was wondering if anybody pays attention to or follows TNA. I thought a couple years ago they were starting to get bigger, but it seems like they have fallen off. Is it because of Hogan and Bischoff?

It seems to me(and I dont really watch it) that TNA has gone away from what appeared to be something that worked well for them and tried to be WCW and because of that, their product has gotten more stale.

#64 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

I would tune into TNA every now and then, but have stopped over the past few months...Rob hit it on the head - previously, you got to see a lot of good matches with decent fued build-up with "ok" mic work which never took up more than 1/5 of the time they had on Thursdays...

Now they're still involving a lot of the old guys (Hogan, Bischoff, Sting, RVD, Dudleys, Steiner, etc) and it's just not watchable...there are a couple of decent guys there (Roode, Storm, X Division) and they still get time, but the egos of the old guys won't allow them to go out to pasture and they just have to be involved in everything...
@brobey1

#65 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Brock Lesnar's match with John Cena at Sunday's Extreme Rules pay-per-view got rave reviews from most fans who saw the show, but Lesnar went ballistic backstage after the match and was screaming at WWE officials and ripping apart the locker room.

According to PWinsider.com, the huge blow-up took place because of the promo John Cena cut after the match.

The original plan was for Cena to be so badly hurt by Lesnar that even though he won, he would be stretchered out, which would keep Lesnar looking strong.

Lesnar perceived Cena's speech as a double cross by WWE officials and totally lost it backstage

Interesting.

#66 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Very interesting.

I can understand his frustration if he was made to believe it would be otherwise. Instead of Cena being basically unable to physically leave on his own, he cuts a promo and leaves on his own power.

@AdamWolff

#67 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Some are questioning why you would already have Lesnar lose.

#68 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

Some are questioning why you would already have Lesnar lose.

Very fair. That was my first thought when I was predicting the PPV in my head. Why bring Lesnar back to lose?

At the same time, Cena is your guy. For better or worse, he's going to be there. He just lost to Rock. How does it look to have your #1, consistent guy, lose two huge matches back to back?

The argument can certainly go both ways. Personally, I thought it made sense to have Lesnar win, injure Cena (physically and mentally) and then Cena goes on his hiatus. Is he hurt, is he upset about losing 2 career altering matches..that sort of thing.

@AdamWolff

#69 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

I was actually kinda surprised by the Cena v John L match. I knew that it would happen eventually, but I was hoping that it wouldn't come to it. He does decent mic work, but I can't really picture John L wrestling right now. Not entirely impressed with Prince Albert, sorry, Lord Tensai. I saw a match he did against Alex Riley, which was decent. Can't really picture him on the level with Cena yet.

Congrats to Kofi and R-Truth for winning the tag titles. Maybe the WWE will improve the tag-team division now. Don't know of any tag-teams other than the champs and Primo and his partner. Maybe the Usos, but that's it.
@mrbeanage

#70 chrismonty

chrismonty
  • Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

I am a big pro wrestling fan. Can we get a WWE and an iMPACT Wresting subforum going?

I've been very impressed with the TNA product lately. I'd love to see them take the show on the road every week and overtake WWE at some point.

First they need to put the strap on Jeff Hardy and get the rabid fans behind him.

#71 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

http://www.grantland... ... atters-wwe

#72 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

Anyone planning on getting Over the Limit?

I'm going to buy it, primarily because I typically buy all the PPVs and I'm expecting 2 very good matches in the Fatal Four Way for the World Heavyweight Title and Bryan vs Punk for the WWE title.

I'm interested to see what transpires with the Cena match. They've given Johnny so much focus lately, there's no way he loses and is fired. I'm interested to see if he's actually able to wrestle still. I'm really not expecting much at all from that match, so here's to the others being worth the money.

@AdamWolff

#73 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

Big Show interfered and caused Cena to lose tonight.

CM Punk and Shaemus retain titles....Christian wins IC title.

#74 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

Who didn't see the Big Show interference coming after Raw last week? Always thought Big Show played better as a monster heel than he did as a face...
@brobey1

#75 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

So, it sounds like Jericho is likely gone, maybe as soon as this week.

He is about to go on tour with his band.

What I don't know is, will he be gone for good or is this a deal where he is gone for a little while and then comes back after his tour is over?

#76 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

Who didn't see the Big Show interference coming after Raw last week? Always thought Big Show played better as a monster heel than he did as a face...

EVERY time they build him as a face it's for a major heel turn, saw it coming months ago. Love him as a face though, he really is a super nice guy in person.
@JeremyMStrain

#77 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

So, it sounds like Jericho is likely gone, maybe as soon as this week.

He is about to go on tour with his band.

What I don't know is, will he be gone for good or is this a deal where he is gone for a little while and then comes back after his tour is over?

If they don't have Punk snap and obliterate him, it's going to be a huge waste with no conclusion. Would have been a better angle to have Punk completely shrug him off and say it's not like he's been relevant in 10 years, so he's not wasting time on him, cheap shots or not.
@JeremyMStrain

#78 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

EVERY time they build him as a face it's for a major heel turn, saw it coming months ago. Love him as a face though, he really is a super nice guy in person.

Heard he's one of the nicest guys in the business and the guys backstage love him as well...can't say that about too many wrestlers...
@brobey1

#79 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

Heard he's one of the nicest guys in the business and the guys backstage love him as well...can't say that about too many wrestlers...

Met him randomly a couple years ago, he was doing some event at the hotel I was staying at for work. We were talking sports at the bar, SUCH a nice guy.
@JeremyMStrain

#80 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Cena vs Big Show is pretty boring. I know Show is a great guy, good company man, but he doesn't interest me at all anymore. And please, please don't make it the main event. There were so many times over the years WWE dropped the ball on the main event, because they insisted the WWE Championship match be last. The Punk vs Bryan match will absolutely be the best match and should go last.

Also interested to see how the 3 hour Raw ends up working out. It was a death sentence for WCW and WWE will probably screw it up, but if they do it properly, they could show a lot more young talent and do a better job developing storylines for the undercard matches.

Chris, could we get this thread changed to WWE Chat? Since it's been all about WWE and I've created a TNA Thread?

@AdamWolff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=