• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#61 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

McLouth had a solid night at the plate in tonight's 12-2 win over Toronto. Led off the 1st inning with a solo shot to right, and also had a single later on in the game.

#62 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:19 AM

His BAL numbers are starting to strongly resemble his numbers in PIT from back before everything went to hell for him... they've been trending that way for a while, and he's about there...

OTOH, I can't believe how weak his arm is. I honestly think I used to be able to throw better than him. Isn't there any way to improve something like that?

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#63 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

OTOH, I can't believe how weak his arm is. I honestly think I used to be able to throw better than him. Isn't there any way to improve something like that?

I don't think much, I think that's the kind of thing you either have or don't, not too much coaching you can do with that.
@levineps

#64 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

His BAL numbers are starting to strongly resemble his numbers in PIT from back before everything went to hell for him... they've been trending that way for a while, and he's about there...

He's never had a good arm. Hey, at least his arm isn't Juan Pierre bad.

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

#65 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

I don't think much, I think that's the kind of thing you either have or don't, not too much coaching you can do with that.

I don't know anything about it, but I wasn't thinking coaching... I'd think they'd know which muscles count most and then work to strengthen them... but apparently not... maybe some of that biometric stuff they're doing with P's...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#66 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

I don't know anything about it, but I wasn't thinking coaching... I'd think they'd know which muscles count most and then work to strengthen them... but apparently not... maybe some of that biometric stuff they're doing with P's...

Only to a certain degree. It's a tool, you have a certain amount of it, others have more or less, no matter how hard you work, it's just about how your body is built.

With Nate, I think a lot of it stems from his hernia surgery last year. He played through half of 2011 dealing with it, and then had surgery and missed the 2nd half completely. That can cause you to play differently or change your mechanics for fear of doing it again.
@JeremyMStrain

#67 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,148 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

After a clutch game in Texas during the Wild Card Showdown, Nate came through again with a 2 run single tonight vs. the Yanks.

#68 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

I was hoping we'd take a shot on him. He's been serviceable in the past.

Well, I can honestly say that when I started this thread, I had no idea that McLouth would be the only one of our hitters to bring a bat with him to the post-season. Great job, Nate, I hope you stick around.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#69 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Roch Kubatko ‏@masnRoch

Mclouth and reynolds both say they want to return next season. Reynolds says this is most fun he's had #orioles

He definitely made a case for himself this postseason to be the starting LF for 2013.

#70 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Bring him back. At least as a reserve outfielder.

#71 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Bring him back. At least as a reserve outfielder.

I think Nate has certainly done enough over the last few months to have someone give him a starting gig. I don't think he'll be on the bench anywhere. I hope he's starting for us, actually.

@AdamWolff

#72 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

I think Nate has certainly done enough over the last few months to have someone give him a starting gig. I don't think he'll be on the bench anywhere. I hope he's starting for us, actually.

Same here. I think I'm going to do a post on Nate for the Depot in the next couple of days once I'm feeling better. I'd like to bring him back as the starter, and have Reimold around to see if he can finally stay healthy and cash in on that potential.
@JeremyMStrain

#73 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Same here. I think I'm going to do a post on Nate for the Depot in the next couple of days once I'm feeling better. I'd like to bring him back as the starter, and have Reimold around to see if he can finally stay healthy and cash in on that potential.

Yep, I'm with you 100%. Can't completely forget about Reimold, but unfortunately can't count on him either. Nate has become one of my favorite players though, so I hope they find a way to keep him on the team.

@AdamWolff

#74 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

Yep, I'm with you 100%. Can't completely forget about Reimold, but unfortunately can't count on him either. Nate has become one of my favorite players though, so I hope they find a way to keep him on the team.

Yeah I read and talked to people that said he was really shaken up by the trade to ATL after extending with PIT. He's a really loyal guy that likes to feel at home and I think he's got that here. I don't think he'd ask for the moon to sign for a couple years, and I'd happily sign him and have him as a LF/4th OF for a couple mil a year.
@JeremyMStrain

#75 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

I'd like to have Nate starting against righties. Nolan, Hoes, or someone else starting against lefties.

#76 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Chris Cotillo ‏@TradeDeadliner

There may not be room in the #Orioles outfield for Nate McLouth, and he is a free agent. Should draw interest from many teams.

I don't really get the first part....I would assume that the O's would definitely be interested in bringing back McLouth. The only internal guy that may play there would be Reimold, and I'm not banking on him coming back from injury.

#77 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

There may not be room in the #Orioles outfield for Nate McLouth, and he is a free agent. Should draw interest from many teams.

I don't really get the first part....I would assume that the O's would definitely be interested in bringing back McLouth. The only internal guy that may play there would be Reimold, and I'm not banking on him coming back from injury.

Davis is another possibility. Hoes and Avery as well, but I don't think those guys should prevent keeping Nate or bringing someone else in.

#78 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

Yea the first part makes little sense but if you get a lot of teams after him, then his price may get dumb. Remember, he was really awful for the last 2.5 years.

#79 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Yea the first part makes little sense but if you get a lot of teams after him, then his price may get dumb. Remember, he was really awful for the last 2.5 years.

I still think the general view on McLouth is that he is a 4th OF (like you described)
I would not be shocked if a team took a flier on him with a decent contract though.

#80 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

I still think the general view on McLouth is that he is a 4th OF (like you described)
I would not be shocked if a team took a flier on him with a decent contract though.

Not really far fetched that some team could give him a 2-3 year deal for 4-6 million a year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=