#41 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

Plus, according to sabermetrics, #2 is a more important spot than #3.

I'd rather him not hit in either of those spots.

I don't disagree with that but McLouth and his career 344 OBP probably makes the most sense...certainly more than Hardy(at least against righties).

#42 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,783 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

I don't disagree with that but McLouth and his career 344 OBP probably makes the most sense...certainly more than Hardy(at least against righties).

Yeah I think everybody, except Buck, agrees that Hardy shouldn't be batting #2.

#43 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Sure. But if it's alright for him to bat 2nd, then it's not awful for him to bat 3rd, which is actually less important according to the stats.

#44 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

http://mlb.mlb.com/v... ... 263237&v=3

Video of Nate's blasted shot tonight.

#45 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=24263237&topic_id=28033182&c_id=bal&tcid=vpp_copy_24263237&v=3

Video of Nate's blasted shot tonight.

It is moments like that that WFBR and Tom Marr used to help launch Oriole magic. WBAL could be playing highlights all through the day. Sell the damn sizzle and get people pumped up. I sat on the first base side and did not see the dugout reaction, so that was cool to see.
  • Mark Carver likes this
@mikeghg

#46 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

I was very happy when the Orioles chose McLouth over Chavez and like what he's given us so far. I doubt he could be a long term solution in LF, but as part of a platoon (maybe with Reimold?) or as a 4th outfielder, I like him very much.

@AdamWolff

#47 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

I was very happy when the Orioles chose McLouth over Chavez and like what he's given us so far. I doubt he could be a long term solution in LF, but as part of a platoon (maybe with Reimold?) or as a 4th outfielder, I like him very much.

Ideally speaking I think Reimold is your LF, but he can't stay healthy. In that scenario I like McLouth as your 4th OF. I don't usually have favorite players per se, but McLouth is an extremely likeable guy and I like what he's done so far. How about the Lew Ford/Nate McLouth combo last night... party like it's 2007!
  • SammyBirdland likes this
@levineps

#48 Thyrl

Thyrl
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

I got to speak with Nate earlier this week. Cool and funny guy. The first part of the audio is cut off. I told him that some have suggested Left is a challenging field at OPACY and asked if he finds anything particularly tricky about it.

http://bit.ly/STOEtR
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this
@Thyrl

#49 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,144 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

MASN: McLouth on the Coaches that helped him get his bat going
http://www.masnsport...-bat-going.html

#50 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:31 PM

McLouth has been a terrific find for the Orioles. He has speed, is a solid outfielder and has jumped intot the leadoff role and done well.
@mikeghg

#51 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

McLouth has a 2nd half slash line of .283/.357/.447 and has been even better in September, to the tune of .324/.397/.500. I've loved what he's brought to the team and he's actually become one of my favorite players.

I think he's playing himself into a decent contract next year. He turns 31 in October, so it's not crazy to think a team might take a shot on him for a 2 or 3 year deal. I'm actually starting to hope that team is the O's, or maybe he signs a 1 year deal to try to improve his stock even more. Either way, he's been a real spark plug of late.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

@AdamWolff

#52 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

McLouth has a 2nd half slash line of .283/.357/.447 and has been even better in September, to the tune of .324/.397/.500. I've loved what he's brought to the team and he's actually become one of my favorite players.

I think he's playing himself into a decent contract next year. He turns 31 in October, so it's not crazy to think a team might take a shot on him for a 2 or 3 year deal. I'm actually starting to hope that team is the O's, or maybe he signs a 1 year deal to try to improve his stock even more. Either way, he's been a real spark plug of late.

I think if he could get a decent 2-3 year deal, he'd take it. It wasn't too long ago, this signing was laughed at, many preferring Steve Pearce to him. He's been a large reason the O's have barely missed a beat in Markakis absence.

It's not so secret, I'm a big McLouth guy. Really, he's a hard guy to dislike.
@levineps

#53 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

Yep, completely with you on that. Has pretty good at bats, good defense, and hustles his ass off. Very likeable player.

@AdamWolff

#54 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

This guy is easily one of our most valuable players over the past couple months. He's been great.

I'd like to have him back next year. Maybe platoon him with Reimold or Hoes or Hairston.

#55 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

This guy is easily one of our most valuable players over the past couple months. He's been great.

I'd like to have him back next year. Maybe platoon him with Reimold or Hoes or Hairston.

Well I'm not counting on Reimold, but it would be a great option if he could remain healthy. If we can't upgrade the position, I'd like to see a competition of sorts. If a platoon is the way to go, so be it! If McLouth can do what he's doing now in a larger sample size, he could have the position full-time.
@levineps

#56 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

It is moments like that that WFBR and Tom Marr used to help launch Oriole magic. WBAL could be playing highlights all through the day. Sell the damn sizzle and get people pumped up. I sat on the first base side and did not see the dugout reaction, so that was cool to see.

I loved WFBR and Dj Johnny Walker. I can recall his efforts to help the Orioles by getting a Voodoo Witch Doctor to put a curse on opposing team (Phillies???). Agree 110% on your WBAL comments. They should play highlights like WFBR did, check this out at the 7:00 mark!

uNTtWZFPkxc

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#57 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'm loving what McLouth is doing and I'd love to retain him for next year but I'm not giving him a multi year deal.

#58 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'm loving what McLouth is doing and I'd love to retain him for next year but I'm not giving him a multi year deal.

I've mentioned this before, but I don't think a one year with either a vesting option and/or team-one is out of the cards.
@levineps

#59 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Well... let's think this thru... it's not like he was a 1-yr wonder... he was pretty much a ~.800 OPS guy in PIT once he got settled there... and he's been pretty much a ~.350 OBP guy everywhere... so, it all comes down to how much you think his crappy 2 years were the Real Him vs. before that was the Real Him. To answer that, you need to know what went wrong *and* what went right for him to get his old self back.

As long as you have solid explanations that you can buy for both of those, I don't see what's wrong for getting him for a couple or three years for what is pretty certain to be a good price...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#60 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

I'll give him a cheap one year deal with a team option depending on the price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=