330 replies to this topic

#121 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

Sammy,
I didn't know about that red button. That is awesome and it solves my problem.

Thanks.

#122 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

Organization-wise, would it be cleaner to create a sub-section with the individual player threads?

Like: Jason Hammel, Mark Reynolds, Nick Markakis...etc.

I don't even use the sections/board index anymore. All I really use is the "Unread Subscriptions" and "All Unread" links at the top.

Posted Image

I can always tell by the context of the title which forum it came from.

If I want to post something in an individual player thread, I just use Search to find it quickly.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#123 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,379 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

I don't even use the sections/board index anymore. All I really use is the "Unread Subscriptions" and "All Unread" links at the top.

Posted Image

I can always tell by the context of the title which forum it came from.

If I want to post something in an individual player thread, I just use Search to find it quickly.

Yeah I only use all unread too, but I had to go into the main OS section yesterday and like 40% of it were player threads. It's not a big deal at all, I just thought it looked unorganized with all the regular threads mixed in.
@JeremyMStrain

#124 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but is there a multi quote button? If there isn't a multi quote button can we get one?

#125 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but is there a multi quote button? If there isn't a multi quote button can we get one?

I don't know if there's a good option available. I'll look into it.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#126 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

This was asked before in this thread, back in post number... um... post number... gee...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#127 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Since the Olympics are coming up, could we have a temporary forum for them in the "Other" section above NBA, NHL, etc.? At least from July-August.

And then threads with all of the various sporting events.

#128 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,379 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

I don't know if there's a good option available. I'll look into it.

I guess there has to be a way somewhere because I got the option to do it on Tapatalk the other day when I was responding to someone.
@JeremyMStrain

#129 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

I guess there has to be a way somewhere because I got the option to do it on Tapatalk the other day when I was responding to someone.

Tapatalk kinda does its own thing. It basically uses the database, but doesn't use the phpbb frontend.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#130 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

I figured out how PHPBB intended their multi-quote functionality to work. You essentially start with your first quote, then while you're still creating your message you can scroll down and click the quote button for as many other posts as you want to as well. This might even be better than vBulletin.

I made this video to demonstrate:

RrxrWmX4CcA

Here's a direct link to the video so you can get a better view, since the embedded video is so small:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RrxrWmX4CcA
  • You Play to Win the Game, JeremyStrain and Greg Pappas like this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#131 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Huh. Didn't know that. Thanks Sammy.

#132 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,379 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Awesome, nice job Sammy!
@JeremyMStrain

#133 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,510 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

I figured out how PHPBB intended their multi-quote functionality to work. You essentially start with your first quote, then while you're still creating your message you can scroll down and click the quote button for as many other posts as you want to as well. This might even be better than vBulletin.

RrxrWmX4CcA

Here's a direct link to the video so you can get a better view, since the embedded video is so small:

Great stuff - thanks so much man, really appreciate it!

#134 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

RrxrWmX4CcA

Sam, this is VERY helpful, Thanks.

#135 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

This was asked before in this thread, back in post number... um... post number... gee...

We have post numbers now :lol:
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#136 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,510 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

Sammy - could you look into how it prioritizes the listings of the threads within "Orioles Talk". See the below image:

Posted Image

As you see, it lists the trade deadline thread, and the Orioles/All-stars thread first, despite their most recent posts being far before the other threads, which are then listed in order of their latest post (most recent showing first). I do notice the top two threads have a light bulb and a red asterisk. Does this make them some sort of "sticky" thread or something?

Sorry to nag, it just throws me off. I much prefer to have the threads show up in sequential order of their most recent post within them.

#137 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

Sammy - could you look into how it prioritizes the listings of the threads within "Orioles Talk". See the below image:

Posted Image

As you see, it lists the trade deadline thread, and the Orioles/All-stars thread first, despite their most recent posts being far before the other threads, which are then listed in order of their latest post (most recent showing first). I do notice the top two threads have a light bulb and a red asterisk. Does this make them some sort of "sticky" thread or something?

Sorry to nag, it just throws me off. I much prefer to have the threads show up in sequential order of their most recent post within them.

The "Trade Deadline" and the "All Star Game and the Orioles" threads are stickies, so they will always show first. Everything else is in order by latest post.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#138 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,510 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

The "Trade Deadline" and the "All Star Game and the Orioles" threads are stickies, so they will always show first. Everything else is in order by latest post.

Yeah, I noticed everything else was in order, so I thought that might be the case. Any consideration of making the background color of sticky threads a different color? I think it'd stand out more. JMO, NBD either way.

#139 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yeah, I noticed everything else was in order, so I thought that might be the case. Any consideration of making the background color of sticky threads a different color? I think it'd stand out more. JMO, NBD either way.

Good idea.

The background for all stickies now have a faint yellow background (kinda like a...sticky...note). Let me know if that's too bright or needs toned down a little. And yes, I realize that I just asked a bunch of baseball guys for color advice.

Posted Image
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#140 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,510 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

Good idea.

The background for all stickies now have a faint yellow background (kinda like a...sticky...note). Let me know if that's too bright or needs toned down a little. And yes, I realize that I just asked a bunch of baseball guys for color advice.

Posted Image

That looks great for me - thanks much, clears it up very nicely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=