#81 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

Not sure how we would do that Shack.

I'll talk it over with Sam, and see if it is possible.

Thanks... it's NBFD, just something I got used to having... used it just enough to notice when it's gone... but not something to put at the top of the list...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#82 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

Edit, ran into a snag. Disregard this post.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#83 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Minor edit: adjusted the Join Date format (to the left, beneath the post count). The "am" or "pm" was wrapping to the next line and taking up another unnecessary line of space, so I removed the time from the datestamp. Just a simple thing to tidy up the member info panel.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#84 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

I bumped max nested quotes down to one. It should be seamless to you as you post. I have a mod in place that will automatically trim the extra nested quotes out of your post so that it doesn't get crazy with the quotes of quotes of quotes.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#85 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

Minor edit: adjusted the Join Date format (to the left, beneath the post count). The "am" or "pm" was wrapping to the next line and taking up another unnecessary line of space, so I removed the time from the datestamp. Just a simple thing to tidy up the member info panel.

But what if I get into a pissing match and need to know my veteran status down to the second?

I bumped max nested quotes down to one. It should be seamless to you as you post. I have a mod in place that will automatically trim the extra nested quotes out of your post so that it doesn't get crazy with the quotes of quotes of quotes.

Great news.
  • SammyBirdland likes this

#86 Greg Pappas

Greg Pappas

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

Well done sir.

#87 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

Another update:

If you go to User Control Panel, you should see a list of your latest 20 karma comments right on the front page. Let me know if you spot any problems with this.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#88 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

Mr. Birdland, when I click on "your unread subscriptions" there is nothing there but when I click on "manage subscriptions" the first 5-6 threads all have posts in them since I was last on the site. Is the site somehow automatically marking threads as read?

Thanks.

Sammy, any luck on this? It appears to be happening more now that the traffic has picked up.

Worst case I'll just log out after each visit.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#89 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

Sammy, any luck on this? It appears to be happening more now that the traffic has picked up.

I'm working on creating a custom addition to the User Control Panel front screen to display unread subscriptions. Hang in there :)
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#90 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

This should now be fixed. If you go to User Control Panel -> Unread subscriptions, it should now show you all topics that you are subscribed to that currently have unread posts. Once you visit the topic, it should disappear from the list (unless a new post is added in the meantime).

Keep in mind that this will only show subscribed topics. There may be topics that you posted in but that you are not subscribed to. You can tell if you are subscribed to a topic by scrolling to the bottom and looking below the "Who's Online" section. If the link says "Unsubscribe topic", then you are subscribed. If it says "Subscribe Topic", then you are not subscribed.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#91 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

You will now see three links at the top next to the User Control Panel:

Your Posts -- shows all your posts

Unread Subscriptions -- shows all topics that you are subscribed to and have unread posts

All Unread -- shows topics from all forums that have unread posts

Posted Image
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#92 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,538 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

This tastes delicious. Thanks!

Is there a way to ensure that you automatically subscribe to any thread you post in?

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#93 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

This tastes delicious. Thanks!

Is there a way to ensure that you automatically subscribe to any thread you post in?

I believe it is User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Edit posting defaults -> Notify me upon replies by default (yes)
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#94 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Testing an issue where images don't fit within the post...

Posted Image

Edit: Large images will now automatically scale to fit inside of posts. There will be a magnifying glass icon in the corner to see it fullsize.
  • DJ MC likes this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#95 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

Sam, I was thinking of something that might be cool. I enjoy seeing how much Karma others have. I know we don't want Karma to get to the point where it's a HUGE deal like rep was at a certain board, but I thought it would be cool to have a column when you click on members at the top where, similar to posts, you can see how much karma a user has and sort by it.

Maybe I'm just a little too into it but I think it'd be cool to have :)

@AdamWolff

#96 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Sam, I was thinking of something that might be cool. I enjoy seeing how much Karma others have. I know we don't want Karma to get to the point where it's a HUGE deal like rep was at a certain board, but I thought it would be cool to have a column when you click on members at the top where, similar to posts, you can see how much karma a user has and sort by it.

Maybe I'm just a little too into it but I think it'd be cool to have :)

Hey Adam, I just added "Karma Leaders" to the bottom of the front page. That will show you a list of the top 25 users with the most karma.
  • Adam Wolff and JeremyStrain like this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#97 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hey Adam, I just added "Karma Leaders" to the bottom of the front page. That will show you a list of the top 25 users with the most karma.

I think that is awesome.

@AdamWolff

#98 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

12th place? I gotta get my **** together.

#99 osfan99

osfan99
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Locationwest

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

I was wondering if there was a way to preview posts by scrolling on the topic without clicking on it? Thanks.

#100 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

I was wondering if there was a way to preview posts by scrolling on the topic without clicking on it? Thanks.

Good idea, I'm looking into that now.
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=