#21 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

Per MASN...

Showalter doesn't necessarily view Joseph as the favorite to back up Wieters and the other candidates must beat him out for the job.

"I hadn't really thought about it that way," Showalter said. "We've got a lot of guys to pick from for the most part that stay in the mix, whether they make it or not. I like that flexibility. But the familiarity we have with the job that Caleb did last year certainly works for him, but that doesn't mean it favors him and I don't think he expects that.

So, Caleb's performance last year helps him... but, while Buck will say it helps him, he'll also say it doesn't really help him...  

Just keeping everybody on their toes... if Caleb's not on the team, I'll eat my hat.... (not my O's hat, but another hat...)

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#22 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:24 AM

Caleb had that big '13 with Bowie... and got into that groove last August with the homers... but feels like he's a bit over matched at this level at the plate. Which you can live with if the defense is as good as it appeared last year.

#23 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

Caleb had that big '13 with Bowie... and got into that groove last August with the homers... but feels like he's a bit over matched at this level at the plate. Which you can live with if the defense is as good as it appeared last year.

I think he can hit better, it's just gonna take a while...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#24 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

2 hits last night, 2 hits tonight including a triple.

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:41 AM

His 9th homer last night... OPS is .754...

Was his 3rd homer in 5 games, now batting .250.

#26 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,552 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

Thank God Joseph stepped up when Wieters went down last year and has kept it going since then. It makes letting MW go so much easier to take.

• SammyBirdland likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#27 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:48 AM

Anything above a 700 OPS with his defense is gravy.
  • BobPhelan and dude like this

#28 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,680 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

I like Joseph.  He was certainly a surprise last year and sometimes it's about how guys respond to you when you are back there.

I don't think he'll ever generate his own offense, but I love the fact he'll punish mistakes and can create some lineup depth where there's at least some pressure for the pitcher to pitch him tough.

I'd have been pretty comfortable trading MW and giving the reigns to Joseph and whoever the Orioles want to pair him with (Clevenger?).

#29 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:25 PM

MASN: Caleb Joseph's bat is heating up for the Orioles

http://www.masnsport...he-orioles.html

#30 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

http://www.fangraphs...cisco-cervelli/

#31 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,012 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:31 PM

Joseph throws out a couple of guys in his first start of the year...  Jimenez crediting him for the game called.

#32 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:17 AM

Joseph throws out a couple of guys in his first start of the year...  Jimenez crediting him for the game called.

Based on the Caleb-vs-Matt ERA numbers they gave on TV at the beginning of the game, he's gonna be at least Obaldo's personal catcher... or at least I hope so...

#33 MKlein76

MKlein76

Sports Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationGlen Burnie, MD

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:33 PM

Per Dubroff: #Orioles place C Caleb Joseph on 15-day disabled list with testicular injury and recall C Francisco Pena from Triple-A Norfolk. #OriolesTalk
  • SammyBirdland likes this
@MKlein76

#34 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:54 PM

Maybe Pena can hit something. But I can't imagine he is defensively as good as Caleb.

#35 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:42 PM

Per Dubroff: #Orioles place C Caleb Joseph on 15-day disabled list with testicular injury and recall C Francisco Pena from Triple-A Norfolk. #OriolesTalk

Words I hope to never see again...

• BSLSteveBirrer likes this

#36 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:14 AM

So did Joseph wind up losing a testicle because of his injury?  They said he had surgery, but I'm not sure what else that would entail if not removal.

#37 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:31 AM

So did Joseph wind up losing a testicle because of his injury?  They said he had surgery, but I'm not sure what else that would entail if not removal.

61%2B3Ko9LJwL._SL1152_.jpg

#38 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:32 AM

They probably just stitched it up.  It's usually done under local anesthetic.

¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#39 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:37 PM

The Ringer on Joseph:

https://theringer.co...212a#.u1bmzju9k

#40 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,623 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:43 PM

Pretty good article.   Feel bad for CJ.  No RBI, No Home Runs, a trip to the minors and damaged nuts.  That is one rough year.

Probably somehow Joe Flacco's fault, everything else is.

• Dr. FLK and JordanKough like this
@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=