MASN: Lannan optioned to Syracuse
http://www.masnsport...nd-of-cuts.html

#23 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Strasburg was strong today. 7 innings, 5 hits, 1 er, 1 bb, with 5 k's. He threw 82 pitches.

#24 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Morse and Ankiel were both TERRIBLE in AA tonight. Rizzo was there looking on, and they didn't impress.

Ankiel DHed and couldn't hit an offspeed pitch to save his life. Morse couldn't identify the strikezone below the belt (he's REALLY tall) looked real bad at anything low. Also looked stiff and uncomfortable in LF, playing a ball with one hand with his other just kind of flailing around.
@JeremyMStrain

#25 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Nationals with a 3 run 8th (so far) to take a 5-4 lead over the Cubs. Espinosa absolutely crushed his HR.

#26 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

I don't see it, at least not this year. 85 win team tops.

#27 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,717 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

FanSided: Time to admire Strasburg
http://calltothepen....phen-strasburg/

#28 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Strasburg, wow.

Let's just hope he stays healthy, this kid could be special.
@beginthebegin71

#29 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

9-3

1st in pitching, 8th in runs scored.

Getting Morse and Harper at some point this season would be a big boost for them.

Until then, and probably after that, they'll go as far as their pitching take them.

I could see them winning 90 games though and coming close to making the playoffs, if not making them.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#30 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

9-3

1st in pitching, 8th in runs scored.

Getting Morse and Harper at some point this season would be a big boost for them.

Until then, and probably after that, they'll go as far as their pitching take them.

I could see them winning 90 games though and coming close to making the playoffs, if not making them.

I know it's a month plus away, but it would be interesting if the O's/Nats are both hot when they meet in DC at that point.

I had the Nats as an 84 team and it's too early to deviate from that, but I'm impressed. Of course a 75% winning percentage is unsustainable and they've done it against not-so-good competition, excluding the Reds at home. But credit where credit is due.
@levineps

#31 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

They haven't dominated inferior competition but they are beating them regularly with pitching.

So they are beating the teams they should beat if they are going to take the next step.

That is what it comes down to for the O's. You beat the bad teams, split with the good ones and hope to play...I dunno...400 ball against the great ones.

That can get you above .500 and in the playoff hunt. I think the Nats can certainly do that. They have the pitching and the NL offensive stars all seem to be coming to the AL.

If there is any team in the NL East playing above their heads right now, it's the Mets.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#32 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

They haven't dominated inferior competition but they are beating them regularly with pitching.

So they are beating the teams they should beat if they are going to take the next step.

That is what it comes down to for the O's. You beat the bad teams, split with the good ones and hope to play...I dunno...400 ball against the great ones.

That can get you above .500 and in the playoff hunt. I think the Nats can certainly do that. They have the pitching and the NL offensive stars all seem to be coming to the AL.

If there is any team in the NL East playing above their heads right now, it's the Mets.

Yeah, I expect the Mets to come back to earth. This is an interesting division this year. Marlins and Nats are improved, Phillies are down, Braves and Mets are around the same. I think the Nats have a very legitimate chance of winning the divison. The Phillies will be competitive based on pitching, but their offense isn't going to scare anyone and might not be able to score enough runs to get the job done. The Braves are a solid all around team, I'd expect them to be within a few games either way of .500. The Marlins are improved, but probably not enough so to win the division. I really think the Mets are about a 65 win team, but they've looked much better so far.

For me, it's between the Nats and Phillies. Personally, I'd love to see the Nats win it.

@AdamWolff

#33 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Well the Nats win another exciting, low scoring, come from behind game and are the first team to get 10 wins. They still havent played any contending teams but it is looking more like they could be a contender themselves.

#34 Slappy

Slappy
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

I think this team is for real. Their rotation of Strasberg, Zimmerman, Gonzalez, Jackson, and Detweiler (with Lannan in tow) is one of the best in the NL, and they have at least 3 top flight bullpen arms to boot.

Less enthused about the offense, but it isn't barren. Zimmerman is top notch, Morse is coming back soon, and Werth has to be better than last year. They left a position for Bryce Harper and he's probably up by June.

The schedule has been pretty light so far. They could pad the record a bit more with SDP the next 3 days but then they get the Dodgers, Arizona, and Philly.
The world's most concise Baltimore Orioles Twitter feed - @OneWordBird

#35 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Don't forget about LaRoche who looks like he's having a rebound year. Who knows if it will keep up but getting LaRoche to play well in Morse's absence would be huge for them. It would allow them to deal LaRoche when Morse comes back and stock their farm system even more.

#36 Slappy

Slappy
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

Don't forget about LaRoche who looks like he's having a rebound year. Who knows if it will keep up but getting LaRoche to play well in Morse's absence would be huge for them. It would allow them to deal LaRoche when Morse comes back and stock their farm system even more.

If they are going to contend for the next few years, a better plan would be to put Morse back in LF and leave LaRoche at 1B. Better defensively and offensively. Plus, with Morse, Harper, and Werth, could be a really solid offensive outfield by the end of the season.

#37 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

If they are going to contend for the next few years, a better plan would be to put Morse back in LF and leave LaRoche at 1B. Better defensively and offensively. Plus, with Morse, Harper, and Werth, could be a really solid offensive outfield by the end of the season.

MUCH worse defensively. Morse is terrible at both 1B and LF.
@JeremyMStrain

#38 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Looks like Ryan Zimmerman could miss some time now too. This team can't catch a break.

That said, they won again last night (now 13-4) and Gonzalez was lights out again...

6 ip, 2 h, 0 er, 2 bb, 6 k.

0.85 ERA on the season thus far.

They'll have problems scoring runs, though.

#39 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Looks like Ryan Zimmerman could miss some time now too. This team can't catch a break.

That said, they won again last night (now 13-4) and Gonzalez was lights out again...

6 ip, 2 h, 0 er, 2 bb, 6 k.

0.85 ERA on the season thus far.

They'll have problems scoring runs, though.

The starting pitching is the best baseball(SSS I know) and yes, they've done so against inferior competition largely at home, but I give them credit. I don't think anyone had them where they are at this point.

Pretty remarkable considering all their injuries as well. If they could only get a few bats going they would be something.
@levineps

#40 Slappy

Slappy
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

MUCH worse defensively. Morse is terrible at both 1B and LF.

Yes, true, didn't realize what a butcher he was. Still it's the NL and he's a good bat, gotta play him somewhere, and LaRoche is generally considered a good 1B, no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=