HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:25 PM

Bad week for Boston. 

And then there’s the Coronavirus. 

sorry not sorry

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#1442 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 22 April 2020 - 02:33 PM

ESPN: MLB suspends Red Sox replay operator for 1 year, docks draft pick as punishment for sign stealing
https://www.espn.com...tealing-scandal

#1443 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 22 April 2020 - 06:06 PM

Such BS. They got off way easy. Because they're Boston.
  • Mike B and Mike in STL like this

#1444 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,603 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 22 April 2020 - 06:45 PM

I said it on Twitter.  There will be no season this year, they will get two prospects for Betts who won't even play for LA (not that I feel bad for the Dodgers) and then they will re-sign Betts.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#1445 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,748 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 22 April 2020 - 10:56 PM

....because...you think they did way more than is being reported or you think the punishment is too lenient for what they did?

#1446 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:28 AM

Now we know, why it took so long to announce it.

They always protect the large market franchises like Boston and NY.

Disgusting

@mikeghg

#1447 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 April 2020 - 07:30 AM

And Rob Manfred basically tells everyone to move on.

Manfred has no integrity.  What a scumbag he is.

@mikeghg

#1448 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:51 AM

....because...you think they did way more than is being reported or you think the punishment is too lenient for what they did?

I trust that it was just a "staffer" about 0% - and what the hell is a loss of a 2nd round pick going to do? That's insane. Screw Boston. 

• Mike B likes this

#1449 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 April 2020 - 08:58 AM

I trust that it was just a "staffer" about 0% - and what the hell is a loss of a 2nd round pick going to do? That's insane. Screw Boston. 

100% correct.

This is absolutely about MLB protectinjg one of their cash cows.

They pushed this announcement back, to distance it from the Astro's.  Total lack of integrity by MLB.

@mikeghg

#1450 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,511 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:02 AM

100% correct.

This is absolutely about MLB protectinjg one of their cash cows.

They pushed this announcement back, to distance it from the Astro's.  Total lack of integrity by MLB.

And to a time when people are far more worried about getting sick and/or their livelihood, and not this. I agree with you fully. They are protecting Boston here. No doubt about that. Manfred is a disaster.

#1451 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:17 AM

And to a time when people are far more worried about getting sick and/or their livelihood, and not this. I agree with you fully. They are protecting Boston here. No doubt about that. Manfred is a disaster.

Manfred may be the biggest lying con artist of any commisioner in any sport ever.  And that is saying something.

@mikeghg

#1452 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,748 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 23 April 2020 - 10:46 AM

Can one of you guys tell me what you believe they did that isn't being reported?

#1453 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:46 PM

Can one of you guys tell me what you believe they did that isn't being reported?

Dude, they were cheating probably as much as the Astros.  MLB does not want to talk about it or let the fans know anymore than they already do.  So once again the Red Sox get a pass.

@mikeghg

#1454 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,748 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 23 April 2020 - 06:50 PM

Dude, they were cheating probably as much as the Astros. MLB does not want to talk about it or let the fans know anymore than they already do. So once again the Red Sox get a pass.

Probably? Based on what? I mean, seriously, you guys are whipping each up other on the RedSox and you apparently don't have [anything] that leads you to a conclusion other than you hate both the RedSox and Manfred.

Is Manfred covering for the Yankees, Cubs and Dodgers too?

Nobody (publicly) knew anything about the Astros' stuff until Fiers broke it. They've gone back through the players and everything else (email, etc) and found lots of evidence including public admissions of players that are no longer Astros about their roles/knowledge.

Coppolla was permanently banned from MLB for his role in the Braves IFA deceptions.

The GM and Manger of the Astros were suspended for a year (and Cora for his role in 2017) and they are the Rebuilding Darlings of MLB.

The RedSox are sitting on a brand new GM and they've already let their Manager go.

When they were going through all of this with the Astros, there's was all kinds of suspicions, etc about where this things would go and evidence was continuing to be leaked about different things.

I'm not defending the RedSox, but they'd need to do something wrong for me to be irritated with them (for something other than being the RedSox).

I haven't heard or seen any speculation about what the RedSox other than the presumptions about Cora and his linkages to Houston.

I did hear JD Martinez on the radio probably 6 weeks ago where he basically said..."I wish they'd release this report and get it in the open. It's nothing. It wasn't some bigger effort and didn't involve most of the players."

You can follow some specific statistical results from the 2015-16 versus the 2017-19 Astros. When I went back and looked that same data for the RedSox, there was a big jump from 2017 to 2018...then I went back to 2016 and it was the same as 2018...if you want to look at the potential impact of a significant bat...they had Ortiz in 2016, didn't replace him in 2017 and then added JDM in 2018.

I was interested to see what came out of this report. Seems like a nothing-burger like JDM suggested.
Interesting that Watkins was apparently involved in the iWatch thing also.
If we want to beat up the RedSox, interesting that they haven't fired him.

#1455 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,641 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 24 April 2020 - 11:57 AM

Probably? Based on what? I mean, seriously, you guys are whipping each up other on the RedSox and you apparently don't have [anything] that leads you to a conclusion other than you hate both the RedSox and Manfred.

Is Manfred covering for the Yankees, Cubs and Dodgers too?

Nobody (publicly) knew anything about the Astros' stuff until Fiers broke it. They've gone back through the players and everything else (email, etc) and found lots of evidence including public admissions of players that are no longer Astros about their roles/knowledge.

Coppolla was permanently banned from MLB for his role in the Braves IFA deceptions.

The GM and Manger of the Astros were suspended for a year (and Cora for his role in 2017) and they are the Rebuilding Darlings of MLB.

The RedSox are sitting on a brand new GM and they've already let their Manager go.

When they were going through all of this with the Astros, there's was all kinds of suspicions, etc about where this things would go and evidence was continuing to be leaked about different things.

I'm not defending the RedSox, but they'd need to do something wrong for me to be irritated with them (for something other than being the RedSox).

I haven't heard or seen any speculation about what the RedSox other than the presumptions about Cora and his linkages to Houston.

I did hear JD Martinez on the radio probably 6 weeks ago where he basically said..."I wish they'd release this report and get it in the open. It's nothing. It wasn't some bigger effort and didn't involve most of the players."

You can follow some specific statistical results from the 2015-16 versus the 2017-19 Astros. When I went back and looked that same data for the RedSox, there was a big jump from 2017 to 2018...then I went back to 2016 and it was the same as 2018...if you want to look at the potential impact of a significant bat...they had Ortiz in 2016, didn't replace him in 2017 and then added JDM in 2018.

I was interested to see what came out of this report. Seems like a nothing-burger like JDM suggested.
Interesting that Watkins was apparently involved in the iWatch thing also.
If we want to beat up the RedSox, interesting that they haven't fired him.

Dude, sorry I think it is real obvious, what MLB did here.  The Red Sox cheated.  Maybe not to the depths of the Astro's, but clearly they were doing some of the same for the same reasons.  

MLB and Commish Scumbag, clearly waited to distance from the Astros and then quietly drop the Red sox story the day before the NFL draft.

They are protecting one of the cash cows.  It has happened before.

We don't have to agree.  I think MLB and Manfred have zero integrity.

@mikeghg

#1456 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 07:14 AM

Red Sox 30

https://twitter.com/...354639370309645

#1457 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,962 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 07:24 AM

I said it on Twitter.  There will be no season this year, they will get two prospects for Betts who won't even play for LA (not that I feel bad for the Dodgers) and then they will re-sign Betts.

Prescient.

#1458 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,264 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 06:48 PM

Boston Globe: Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez has myocarditis, but says he won’t opt out of season
https://www.bostongl...opt-out-season/

#1459 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:35 PM

Allowing 4 runs in 3 innings to a Mets team that scored 5 runs in its previous 3 games, seems concerning! 

#1460 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:00 AM

Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez out for the season with post-COVID-19 heart condition

https://www.usatoday...ery/5564760002/

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=