#121 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

Spectacular Now. Great movie probably one of my top 3 of the year. Miles Teller is one to look out for.

Awesome movie!

#122 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

A place Beyond the pines was very interesting...a little drawn out but not bad at all.

So I didn't care for this. It connected way too conveniently and the boys reaction was way over the top IMO.

#123 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

A place Beyond the pines was very interesting...a little drawn out but not bad at all.

So I didn't care for this. It connected way too conveniently and the boys reaction was way over the top IMO.

Oh Weber. Poor guy.

#124 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

Oh Weber. Poor guy.

Thanks.

#125 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,592 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

I can see that. Didn't bother me at all but if there's going to be an issue that's probably it.

The Spectacular Now was good but it jumped the shark in a big way. Very contrived for not much pay off but it had enough great qualities to make it worth a recommendation.

#126 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:33 PM

Oh Weber. Poor guy.

Thanks.

No problem buddy! ;)

#127 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

Also, I'm not sure why I would care that much about many, if any of the characters.<br /><br />

#128 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,592 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:44 AM

Also, I'm not sure why I would care that much about many, if any of the characters.<br /><br />

Can't defend that one, I thought all the characters were good to great (except maybe Bradley Cooper's son).

#129 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,592 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

The Bridge On the River Kwai - deserving of the GoaT consideration. Amazing classic film.

#130 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

The Bridge On the River Kwai - deserving of the GoaT consideration. Amazing classic film.

tumblr_ll1y6qRZa21qdjt2eo1_400.gif

@DJ_McCann

#131 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

Caught a bit of The Best Years of Our Lives last night. Watched it in high school, great film...probably the only time someone will win two Oscars (Harold Russell) in the same night for the same performance.

Caught Speed on last night too and stayed with it all the way through. One of the best action movies of all time. Hard to believe its 20 years old. That movie still looks like it came out 5 years ago.
  • BobPhelan likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#132 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

Caught a bit of The Best Years of Our Lives last night. Watched it in high school, great film...probably the only time someone will win two Oscars (Harold Russell) in the same night for the same performance.

I'm taking a military history class, and the professor had us watch a couple of clips from that. I have it waiting at the library so i can watch the whole thing.

@DJ_McCann

#133 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

Enemy with Jake Gyllenhall looks intriguing. Directed by the same dude who did Prisoners. Looks like a mix between Memento and Moon.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#134 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,592 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Enemy with Jake Gyllenhall looks intriguing. Directed by the same dude who did Prisoners. Looks like a mix between Memento and Moon.

I enjoyed Prisoners and thought Gyllenhall was the best part of it. Not to mention Memento and Moon are two all time favorites. So yeah, sounds good.

#135 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,592 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Join the BSL Oscar pool!

[url=http://www.funofficepools.com/joinpool.php?Passed_Pool_Key=e4f071e6e58]http://www.funoffice...Key=e4f071e6e58

Password is orioles

#136 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

Watched some movies on my snow day. Out of ****

This is the End -- funny, but they didn't go as far as they could have. A fun watch. ***

Riddick -- I enjoyed this. I appreciated the time it took to reestablish the character and gave some quirks to the supporting cast. By comparison, a movie like Elysium felt rushed and never settled on any of these things, but could have been awesome. ***

Europa Report -- really good, realistic scifi movie...on the level of Gravity meets Prometheus and maybe even better than both movies with a small fraction of the budget. ***

So all in all some really good movies that I didn't expect too much from.

#137 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,592 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

I didn't like Europa Report much at all.

Watched The Goonies for the first time and An American Tail for the millionth time today. 7/10 and 9/10 respectively.

Watched The Sting yesterday, awesome movie.

#138 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:13 AM

I'm a sucker for space exploration stuff. Especially when it's grounded in reality like it was on Europa Report. Only 7/10 for The Goonies???? Haha.

#139 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,592 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

Only 7/10 for The Goonies???? Haha.

I could see loving it as a kid but it was still enjoyable as an adult. I guess I didn't have that nostalgia to support it but I certainly understand how that works.

#140 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,592 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

Enough Said - 8.5/10

All Is Lost - 8/10

Two very good movies for adults.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users