• Please log in to reply
2663 replies to this topic

#121 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

The League and Always Sunny season premieres are on tonight.

Any followers?

#122 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,593 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'm a big Always Sunny fan, never got into The League. My DVR is packed right now.

#123 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

OK Revolution, I like you, but seriously, "I'm looking for a biography on Joe Biden" is your code word? Oof :P

#124 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

OK Revolution, I like you, but seriously, "I'm looking for a biography on Joe Biden" is your code word? Oof :P

Haha yeah I loled at that one.

#125 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

OK, I'm truly embarrassed that I didn't realize the militia tail would be Neville's son until just before the actual reveal.

Also, apparently all electricity on Earth is controlled by the Triforce or something.

#126 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

OK, I'm truly embarrassed that I didn't realize the militia tail would be Neville's son until just before the actual reveal.

Also, apparently all electricity on Earth is controlled by the Triforce or something.

Haha I got figured it out right when Neville said "Do what you want with him." It just clicked for me. Should make for an interesting story in the future, though. I like Tom Neville's character.

#127 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Haha I got figured it out right when Neville said "Do what you want with him." It just clicked for me. Should make for an interesting story in the future, though. I like Tom Neville's character.

Yep, when he paused and gave that little look like he was trying to keep a poker face.

I still think Neville is going to end up a key member of the resistance. Don't forget all those other "governments" that are popping up too, that looks like the series long play, there were 4 main groups that controlled at least half the country. So this whole strife with the Monroe Militia is just the start.
@JeremyMStrain

#128 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

The League and Always Sunny season premieres are on tonight.

Any followers?

Yes to Always Sunny.

Solid premiere.

#129 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

Yep, when he paused and gave that little look like he was trying to keep a poker face.

I still think Neville is going to end up a key member of the resistance. Don't forget all those other "governments" that are popping up too, that looks like the series long play, there were 4 main groups that controlled at least half the country. So this whole strife with the Monroe Militia is just the start.

One of the big questions I've seen asked about the show is "just how much does the 'Monroe Republic' control?" so seeing that map (with the "Georgia Confederacy" and the "Plains Nation") was nice. Basically it looks like that particular territory borders on the Mississippi and Ohio rivers, at least.

Also, as we saw already this year with Breaking Bad, it's always nice to stage a train robbery.

#130 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

Yup agreed on that.

So there's the Monroe Republic (Northeast, Midatlantic, upper Midwest), the Georgia Republic (South), the _____ (forget the name of the midwest/great plains one), and an unknown western group. And of course the resistence, which, according to Monroe's assistant, sounds like it is only truly present in his republic.

#131 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Yup agreed on that.

So there's the Monroe Republic (Northeast, Midatlantic, upper Midwest), the Georgia Republic (South), the _____ (forget the name of the midwest/great plains one), and an unknown western group. And of course the resistence, which, according to Monroe's assistant, sounds like it is only truly present in his republic.

The Plains Nation.

Some people were mentioning in the AV Club comments something about an independent Texas, but that may just be theoretical.

I think that the fact only one of those is named for a person probably would have to do with a resistance existing only there.

#132 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Anyone else loving Ben and Kate?

#133 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,593 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

Yes to Always Sunny.

Solid premiere.

Yeah it was a pretty good start to the season, glad its back on the air.

I haven't caught up with the last two episodes yet but from the first two I'd say I like it, don't love it yet.

#134 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

Suburgatory is back tonight, and Happy Endings and Don't Trust The B... return this Tuesday.

I'm ridiculously happy about all of that.

#135 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Dont forget about Duck Dynasty tonight!

#136 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

Just watched all 5 Revolution episodes today - Great stuff. I'm a fan so far.

#137 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

How's everyone liking Revolution?

I found this map on the NBC Revolution boards. Pretty cool, and something I wanted confirmation on:

Posted Image

#138 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

How's everyone liking Revolution?

I found this map on the NBC Revolution boards. Pretty cool, and something I wanted confirmation on:

Posted Image

I missed last night (no cable), but that map is cool. Interesting that it generally follows the US borders only, with a little of Canada in BC and around Winnipeg.

#139 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

I missed last night (no cable), but that map is cool. Interesting that it generally follows the US borders only, with a little of Canada in BC and around Winnipeg.

Just looking at the map a few things jump out:
- I'm not great with Canadian geography, but the Monroe Republic looks to have picked up parts of Nova Scotia.
- Like you said, BC is now in California. Also odd that they took Baja California.
- Texas and the Wasteland appear to have added parts of northern Mexico.

I'm really hoping that the series begins to delve in to how all and why of these "nations" formed.

#140 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Just looking at the map a few things jump out:
- I'm not great with Canadian geography, but the Monroe Republic looks to have picked up parts of Nova Scotia.
- Like you said, BC is now in California. Also odd that they took Baja California.
- Texas and the Wasteland appear to have added parts of northern Mexico.

I'm really hoping that the series begins to delve in to how all and why of these "nations" formed.

I'm hoping they save that for future seasons. Too much going on in the plot if they go after it now.
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=