2650 replies to this topic

#81 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

I DVD'd Revolution and thought it was decent. I'm just going to ignore the concept of electricity stopping working (as that fat sidekick basically tells the audience you have to) and see how the show evolves. It's an interesting world/premise at the very least.

I thought the lead actress was pretty awful (though easy on the eyes), but it's nothing like the horrible acting that Terra Nova threw at us. As long as they don't do an amnesia episode next week, we'll be doing better than that show did. Hopefully they don't ruin an interesting premise as thoroughly as Terra Nova.

#82 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

I DVD'd Revolution and thought it was decent. I'm just going to ignore the concept of electricity stopping working (as that fat sidekick basically tells the audience you have to) and see how the show evolves. It's an interesting world/premise at the very least.

I thought the lead actress was pretty awful (though easy on the eyes), but it's nothing like the horrible acting that Terra Nova threw at us. As long as they don't do an amnesia episode next week, we'll be doing better than that show did. Hopefully they don't ruin an interesting premise as thoroughly as Terra Nova.

Seriously. It was a show about ****ing DINOSAURS and I only stuck with it for three weeks.

#83 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Seriously. It was a show about ****ing DINOSAURS and I only stuck with it for three weeks.

Lol exactly. So disappointing.

#84 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

I ended up sticking with it through the season. But man was the acting/script horrible.

#85 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

I ended up sticking with it through the season. But man was the acting/script horrible.

Same here, I'm a sucker for action/sci fi.

Like Revolution too, at one point Lost was a show where people said "ok they survived a plane crash on a tropical island, but there are ghosts and polar bears? This is stupid".

Gotta give it a good couple episodes to get it's legs underneath it. That's what killed great shows like Firefly and Dollhouse.
@JeremyMStrain

#86 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

Same here, I'm a sucker for action/sci fi.

Like Revolution too, at one point Lost was a show where people said "ok they survived a plane crash on a tropical island, but there are ghosts and polar bears? This is stupid".

Gotta give it a good couple episodes to get it's legs underneath it. That's what killed great shows like Firefly and Dollhouse.

Yup, I'm looking forward to Last Resort too. All of my shows are starting up this week (and boy, do I have a lot of them).

The Office is starting its final season tonight.

#87 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

"This just says, 'I can do what I want.'"

I'm so happy Parks and Recreation is back.

#88 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

Great episode last night. The look on Andy's face when Leslie was bemoaning her issues was priceless.

#89 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Great episode last night. The look on Andy's face when Leslie was bemoaning her issues was priceless.

It was decent. What I most liked was that it looks like they're finally really getting into the plot line they've been hinting at with Jim forever.

#90 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,686 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

Season Premiere of Modern Family was on last night. Great episode to start season 4!

#91 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,427 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

It was decent. What I most liked was that it looks like they're finally really getting into the plot line they've been hinting at with Jim forever.

I was talking about Parks & Rec. I haven't watched the Office (assuming that's what you're talking about) in a few seasons.

#92 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

Watched the Ben and Kate premiere last night. Pretty good, definitely gonna give it a few more episodes. Looks like a season pass.

I have Vegas and the Mindy Project on my DVR plus Elementary and Last Resort tonight. Hopefully some keepers.

#93 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Watched the Ben and Kate premiere last night. Pretty good, definitely gonna give it a few more episodes. Looks like a season pass.

I have Vegas and the Mindy Project on my DVR plus Elementary and Last Resort tonight. Hopefully some keepers.

Yeah, I watched Ben and Kate last night and The Mindy Project this morning. I liked the latter show more (just found it more funny overall), but I did enjoy both. Still need to watch the two New Girl premieres, and with the Ravens game I don't know how much of tonight's shows I'll get to watch live.

I did discover that Happy Endings and Don't Trust The B**** don't start their seasons until late October. I was NOT happy about that.

#94 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Way too many shows to keep up with, so I DVRed Vegas, Elementary, Last Resort (tonight), liked the 2nd ep. of Revolution a lot still, but I can see the issue is going to be that they have to have the reveal about what happened pretty early or you're going to lose people, and then how does the show go from there? It's not one of those shows that you can see the multi-season plan early on, so they better have a HECK of a first season.
@JeremyMStrain

#95 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Way too many shows to keep up with, so I DVRed Vegas, Elementary, Last Resort (tonight), liked the 2nd ep. of Revolution a lot still, but I can see the issue is going to be that they have to have the reveal about what happened pretty early or you're going to lose people, and then how does the show go from there? It's not one of those shows that you can see the multi-season plan early on, so they better have a HECK of a first season.

I liked this week's Revolution, too ("I...appreciate...the honesty."), but there are two characters I want to see dead...and one is supposed to be the damn lead.

#96 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

I liked this week's Revolution, too ("I...appreciate...the honesty."), but there are two characters I want to see dead...and one is supposed to be the damn lead.

The one that tears up every 15 minutes? I think she's going to end up being a bada** when all said and done, looks like they are using her to show the innocence lost kinda thing. Love her adult family members, and I like Giancarlo in his role, but I could see something happening where he joins the other side of the fence to become the leader the rebels need. Will be interesting to see which way they go with things.
@JeremyMStrain

#97 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

I'm interested in following what you guys think of Revolution as it goes on. I'm gonna kick myself if the one show like this I skip is actually good.

#98 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

I'm interested in following what you guys think of Revolution as it goes on. I'm gonna kick myself if the one show like this I skip is actually good.

If it makes you feel better, I watched the pilot then skipped the first season of LOST. Caught up on it when they replayed it during dead time in the summer before season 2. Best approach might be to DVR the first 5 eps or so without watching them, and then if word is good still at that point you could catch up.
@JeremyMStrain

#99 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

If it makes you feel better, I watched the pilot then skipped the first season of LOST. Caught up on it when they replayed it during dead time in the summer before season 2. Best approach might be to DVR the first 5 eps or so without watching them, and then if word is good still at that point you could catch up.

Or watch it on Hulu.

#100 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

The one that tears up every 15 minutes? I think she's going to end up being a bada** when all said and done, looks like they are using her to show the innocence lost kinda thing. Love her adult family members, and I like Giancarlo in his role, but I could see something happening where he joins the other side of the fence to become the leader the rebels need. Will be interesting to see which way they go with things.

The problem is that since she grew up in this world, even if she was reasonably sheltered by her parents and does remember back to when it started, she should be the one who understands the vicious nature of the new society better than anyone.

It's one thing to show from the moment the blackout happens and see how things develop (which we see to a certain extant through the flashbacks), but the setting is already 15 years beyond that point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=