#141 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,762 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Last weeks South Park which involved Stan's dad buying Blockbuster was pretty damn funny!

#142 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,632 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

I thought last night's Ben and Kate and The Mindy Project were both the best episodes of each respectively.

#143 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

I'm hoping they save that for future seasons. Too much going on in the plot if they go after it now.

Good point. I could see the season finale having some big invading army come from the west/south and then it ending with a cliffhanger until next season.

Lots of opportunities for future shows/seasons.

#144 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

I thought last night's Ben and Kate and The Mindy Project were both the best episodes of each respectively.

I'm going to try and watch those tonight, but Ben and Kate has been great and I've at least remained interested in The Mindy Project.

#145 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

So Mom's the brains behind the operation!

#146 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

So Mom's the brains behind the operation!

Looks that way. I'm really interested to see how Randall stacks up in all of this. It seems like maybe the group of inventors hid the pendants from him (maybe after they disagreed on how their invention was to be used?).

I also heard that after the Nov 26 episode, the series would go on a hiatus until the end of March. Not really sure how I feel about that, because Revolution is definitely attracting viewers.

#147 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Looks that way. I'm really interested to see how Randall stacks up in all of this. It seems like maybe the group of inventors hid the pendants from him (maybe after they disagreed on how their invention was to be used?).

I also heard that after the Nov 26 episode, the series would go on a hiatus until the end of March. Not really sure how I feel about that, because Revolution is definitely attracting viewers.

Production/holiday hiatus. It had to. Like heroes nbc doesn't give full seasons to new shows so they don't have enough done to make it through the season so they have to take breaks to get ahead on episodes.
@JeremyMStrain

#148 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,252 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Production/holiday hiatus. It had to. Like heroes nbc doesn't give full seasons to new shows so they don't have enough done to make it through the season so they have to take breaks to get ahead on episodes.

Makes sense. I'll still be watching in March.

#149 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,100 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

I'm fading big time on Revolution. Still watching, but I'm starting to lean more towards hate-watching than anything else.

They really need to hurry up and get finished with the "let's find Danny" storyline and move into something that is actually interesting. They are giving us glimpses of the overall mythology behind the show, and it's got promise, but there is only so much I can take of Charlie alternating between being optimistic and believing in people to callous and prepared for the harsh world she's grown up in.

#150 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

A rumor I've seen in the AV Club comment sections says NBC is worried that the only reason this show has the ratings it does is because it follows The Voice, and if they brought it back without that as the lead-in viewers wouldn't come back.

I'm still in, and I don't watch The Voice, so I would find that curious if it were the case.

#151 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

I'm fading big time on Revolution. Still watching, but I'm starting to lean more towards hate-watching than anything else.

They really need to hurry up and get finished with the "let's find Danny" storyline and move into something that is actually interesting. They are giving us glimpses of the overall mythology behind the show, and it's got promise, but there is only so much I can take of Charlie alternating between being optimistic and believing in people to callous and prepared for the harsh world she's grown up in.

My biggest issue is how the show makes me get so much amusement out of an eighteen-year-old girl getting punched in the face.

#152 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

I never really got into the show, but I heard that there will be an airing of a roundtable that the cast of 'Firefly' did at Comic-Con. It's supposed to air Sunday at 10pm on the Science channel.

http://insidetv.ew.c...on/#more-104876
@mrbeanage

#153 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,100 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

I never really got into the show, but I heard that there will be an airing of a roundtable that the cast of 'Firefly' did at Comic-Con. It's supposed to air Sunday at 10pm on the Science channel.

http://insidetv.ew.c...on/#more-104876

I loved Firefly, and I didn't find it until after I had already seen Serenity (the movie).

#154 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Just for the record, the next time SG or Pedro say something I disagree with and I get overly bitchy, I'm blaming it on sympathy PMS.

#155 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

OK, I can't wait for the end of the episode for this. The group is leading rebels into Philadelphia using the old subway tunnels under the city. An explosion causes the tunnel to collapse behind them, but they are still in a large, long tunnel.

HOW IN THE HELL ARE THEY RUNNING OUT OF AIR!

#156 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

OK, I can't wait for the end of the episode for this. The group is leading rebels into Philadelphia using the old subway tunnels under the city. An explosion causes the tunnel to collapse behind them, but they are still in a large, long tunnel.

HOW IN THE HELL ARE THEY RUNNING OUT OF AIR!

Gotta tough it out. Revolution is our last great hope at decent new tv this season. Last Resort didn't even get to their midseason finale before it got cancelled, and it was a great freakin show that drew almost 10m viewers. Still baffled.
@JeremyMStrain

#157 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

Gotta tough it out. Revolution is our last great hope at decent new tv this season. Last Resort didn't even get to their midseason finale before it got cancelled, and it was a great freakin show that drew almost 10m viewers. Still baffled.

Oh, I'm still in. And I'm willing to suppress my disbelief to a point--especially when the whole series premise makes no sense anyway. However, that's a bit too much.

#158 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

Oh, I'm still in. And I'm willing to suppress my disbelief to a point--especially when the whole series premise makes no sense anyway. However, that's a bit too much.

Yeah I think it was a silly way of getting characters to own up to thoughts they may be keeping secret or repressed.
@JeremyMStrain

#159 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Damn, Charlie almost died. Got excited for a minute there *rimshot*

I forgot that there was one more episode next week. Thank goodness, though this actually would have been a decent end-point.

#160 KRL224

KRL224
  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Went on a bit of a TV rampage in the last month, having watched every episode of Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and Homeland in the last 3 weeks or so. My eyes are feeling just a bit fatigued.
@KRL224

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=