So, so good.

#2422 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 15 June 2021 - 07:15 PM

Clarkson's Farm is surprisingly enjoyable.  They've managed to stay in 'good Clarkson' territory through the first half of the series.

#2423 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 03:15 PM

The final season of Bosch is in the books and what a way to go out... the last scene will lead to the spinoff with Titus Welliver, Mimi Rogers and Madison Lintz will continue their roles.

‘Bosch’ Spinoff a Go at Amazon’s IMDb TV

https://www.hollywoo...mdb-tv-4142783/

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2424 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 07:18 PM

Glad we're getting more.  I think it's better done than most other procedurals, and Welliver is pretty compelling.

#2425 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,592 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 June 2021 - 07:52 PM

Starstruck is a fun shirt British series on HBO Max.

The Underground Railroad on Amazon Prime is incredible. 10 part mini-series directed by Barry Jenkins (Moonlight, If Beale Street Could Talk).
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

#2426 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 28 June 2021 - 11:41 AM

Started Superstore. I liked Ben Feldman in Mad Men and Silicon Valley as minor characters so I'm interested to see him as the lead guy.

• You Play to Win the Game and Dupin like this

she/her

#2427 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 28 June 2021 - 12:09 PM

Started Superstore. I liked Ben Feldman in Mad Men and Silicon Valley as minor characters so I'm interested to see him as the lead guy.

Just watched the first episode, seems decent. Feldman is quality. Lauren Ash and Colton Dunn were hilarious too. Has some heart. Not sure it'll keep my attention, but pretty good start, I liked it. The store manager is a trip too, although it I fear he tries a little too hard to mimic Stephem Tobolowsly (Jack Barker in Silicon Valley). But I still like him so far.

#2428 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 08:39 PM

Superstore definitely gets better as you get more in to it.  I don't regret watching it.

#2429 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 29 June 2021 - 09:05 AM

I thought Superstore was pretty funny. Watched the whole series.

#2430 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 01:53 PM

The final season of Bosch is in the books and what a way to go out... the last scene will lead to the spinoff with Titus Welliver, Mimi Rogers and Madison Lintz will continue their roles.

‘Bosch’ Spinoff a Go at Amazon’s IMDb TV

https://www.hollywoo...mdb-tv-4142783/

Great final season, after I thought seasons 5 and 6 were kind of a chore to get through. Like the characters, hope to see some crossover from Crate and Barrel, Billets, Marlo (Jerry) in the new series. 

I never read the books. My mom has read all of them, and apparently "The Lincoln Lawyer", Mickey Haller, is Bosch's half brother. Not the McConaughey would reprise the role, but the character itself was a great one and wouldn't mind seeing more of that in some fashion. Be it in its own series, or appearing in the Bosch universe if the focus shifts heavier to the law side with Chandler seemingly playing a larger role in the spinoff.

@BSLMikeRandall

#2431 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 08 July 2021 - 09:16 PM

I guess it was inevitable...

Burn Gorman, Lou Ferrigno, Michael Rispoli Among 15 Cast in Making of ‘Godfather’ Series at Paramount Plus

https://variety.com/...sWuJwNpFZga7bL8

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2432 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 08:18 AM

I guess it was inevitable...

Burn Gorman, Lou Ferrigno, Michael Rispoli Among 15 Cast in Making of ‘Godfather’ Series at Paramount Plus

https://variety.com/...sWuJwNpFZga7bL8

From the article, this series is about the experience of making the movie, so it's an "inside Hollywood" type show.  It's not a remake of the movie.  Episodes like "This Pacino kid sucks at acting, we should replace him" and "why is Brando talking with his mouth full of marbles?".

#2433 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 09 July 2021 - 08:20 AM

I'm 39 years old (to be fair I'm probably the target audience for this) and will be watching this!

• Mashed Potatoes likes this

#2434 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 08:37 AM

Just started season 2 of I Think You Should Leave.  Every sketch is basically the same, awkward thing but some of them are insanely funny.

• BobPhelan likes this

#2435 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,592 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 July 2021 - 10:03 AM

Just started season 2 of I Think You Should Leave. Every sketch is basically the same, awkward thing but some of them are insanely funny.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. But Coffin Flop is not a show.

#2436 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 02:07 PM

The Witcher Season 2, December 17th on Netflix

https://variety.com/...urn-1235015967/

• Mackus and Dupin like this

#2437 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 20 July 2021 - 11:27 AM

Just finished season 2, kinda amazed a sitcom was willing to be that dark for a season finale 

she/her

#2438 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:11 AM

I'm 39 years old (to be fair I'm probably the target audience for this) and will be watching this!

Watched the first episode yesterday with my son!  Animation really looked great,  I also enjoyed pointing out to my wife each time a character came on screen if I had their action figure or not.

#2439 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 11 August 2021 - 09:25 PM

The Amber Ruffin Show is pretty great.

#2440 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 01:15 PM

Field of Dreams TV series from Mike Schur - sounds promising.

‘Field of Dreams’ TV Series From Mike Schur Gets Peacock Series Pickup – The Hollywood Reporter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=