2663 replies to this topic

#2441 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,979 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 01:21 PM

Field of Dreams TV series from Mike Schur - sounds promising.

‘Field of Dreams’ TV Series From Mike Schur Gets Peacock Series Pickup – The Hollywood Reporter

BW2rAKeCMAMRq7_.jpg

Makes me think he can handle the baseball aspect of this at least. Will be interesting to see him just do a drama and not a comedy, but I imagine it'll have plenty of laughs or else why hire Schur to do it?

#2442 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 01:24 PM

I think you can almost guarantee that the TV show will correct one of the most glaring issues with the movie, the lack of Negro League players.

#2443 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 01:31 PM

Here's a transcript of Nick Offerman listing all the problems he has with the movie, on Mike Schur's podcast a few years ago.

Nick Offerman presents lengthy, hilarious list of errors in the very lousy movie ‘Field of Dreams’ | For The Win (usatoday.com)

#2444 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 03:00 PM

A&E just ran a mini-series on 5 male serial killers and they were killing during the same 2 decades.

No social media, no DNA, no CSI and police departments unable to share information, before the internet.

It was called Invisible Monsters.

John Wayne Gacy

Ted Bundy

Jeffrey Dahmer

The Green River Killer 

BTK

#2445 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 15 September 2021 - 07:36 AM

Watched the first episode yesterday with my son!  Animation really looked great,  I also enjoyed pointing out to my wife each time a character came on screen if I had their action figure or not.

Finished the first 5 episodes of Masters of the Universe series a couple of weeks ago.  All and all it was pretty fun.  The mid season finale was not what I expected.  Looking forward to the remaining episodes!

#2446 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 07:11 PM

Brooklyn Nine-Nine did pretty well with their series finale.  Sad to see that show go, but they were going to have a hard time going forward and struggled trying to incorporate the events of last year into their formula in the last season.

#2447 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 12:21 PM

Katla on Netflix was a fun little find. Scandinavian noir with a Dark feel to it, really engrossing mystery. https://youtu.be/X9zZl5nov68
@DaKittenz

#2448 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:44 AM

Squid Game on Netflix is wild. Probably a little overhyped but still worth the journey.

#2449 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,660 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:47 AM

Squid Game on Netflix is wild. Probably a little overhyped but still worth the journey.

Yeah I watched the trailer...definitely going to be checking it out.

So over the summer it seemed like there was nothing on. Now literally every show is coming back this month.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#2450 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 01:26 PM

Season 5 of The Expanse has been awesome - maybe the best season yet - in case anyone was wondering.

The 6th (and final) season will be released on December 10.

#2451 Mashed Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 08:48 AM

For those who liked squid game I highly recommend Alice in borderland, also on Netflix.
  • BobPhelan likes this
@DaKittenz

#2452 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 October 2021 - 08:53 AM

Two good new limited series on Netflix, Midnight Mass and Maid.

#2453 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,294 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 09:54 AM

70's Show coming back on Netflix as the 90's Show... set in '95 with the parents. 

#2454 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 09 October 2021 - 06:34 PM

The 6th (and final) season will be released on December 10.

I just couldn’t get into the show. I watched the first 5 episodes and found it so dull. Maybe I’ll give it another chance.

#2455 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,966 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 08:44 AM

I just couldn’t get into the show. I watched the first 5 episodes and found it so dull. Maybe I’ll give it another chance.

Yeah, it's a little like Game of Thrones in that there are a lot of characters and multiple political factions, so it takes a while just to figure out who the heck everybody is and what's their motivation before the show starts to really make sense.

#2456 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 25 October 2021 - 07:13 PM

If you can get past the fact that the main actor sucks, it's phenomenal.

#2457 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,994 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 05:32 AM

I couldn't either... but my bride liked it, so I kept watching it with her.  This was when we could snort the first 4 seasons rapidly.  After a handful or so, I started to realize that it was really good show... provided I didn't let myself get affected by the lead actor, who was criminally miscast as the captain of a pirate space ship.  I don't know who did the casting, but everybody else was exceedingly well cast, with the one great exception being the lead character.  It made me wonder if this was some kind of joke, or maybe that guy put up all the money, or however else I could imagine the basis for that decision.

So my opinion is that it's very well worth it, provided that you can separate the show experience into two parts: (1) getting into the show without letting that one guy distract you with his inherent goofball presence, and (2) letting yourself laugh at the decision somebody made to have this bozo be the lead character when the rest of the cast is great.

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#2458 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 31 October 2021 - 05:19 PM

Season 2! December 17th...

• Dupin likes this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2459 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 04:54 PM

December 29th on Disney+

• Dupin and CantonJester like this

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#2460 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,316 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 05:16 PM

December is gonna be a good month for me.

• Mark Carver likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=