547 replies to this topic

#61 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,613 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Thats tough, Foles, Tannehill, Henne I think in that order. Those others are more turnover prone, and Smith may not find the endzone unless its a pass to Charles.

Echoed.

#62 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

I'm never one to gloat, and I've certainly been wrong sometimes. But NFL network said Keenan Allen is the most added player so far this week. Two things. 1. I told you guys to add him two weeks ago. 2. How is he still available in so many leagues that he's the most added player this week, Instead of guys like Joeseph Randle? I love that I own him In all three of my leagues.
  • BobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#63 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,613 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

I'm never one to gloat, and I've certainly been wrong sometimes. But NFL network said Keenan Allen is the most added player so far this week. Two things. 1. I told you guys to add him two weeks ago. 2. How is he still available in so many leagues that he's the most added player this week, Instead of guys like Joeseph Randle? I love that I own him In all three of my leagues.

Yep you're the reason I have him in every league. Definitely nailed that one. Preesh!
  • Mike in STL likes this

#64 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

Thats tough, Foles, Tannehill, Henne I think in that order. Those others are more turnover prone, and Smith may not find the endzone unless its a pass to Charles. 

Echoed.

Yeah, I picked up Tannehill early in the week when the Eagles qb situation was still up in the air.  Just kinda comes down to which defense will be worse on the road, Buffalo or Dallas.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#65 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,577 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Got a tough situation at RB this week. Lost Murray and my options are Willis McGahee @ GB, or Ben Tate @ KC.

I could pick up someone like Daniel Thomas, Kendall Hunter or Ronnie Hillman but they dont get many touches.

So I guess I really dont have a choice and will have to roll with McGahee, in what is likely to be a blowout against a good run defense.

Any thoughts?

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#66 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,613 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Got a tough situation at RB this week. Lost Murray and my options are Willis McGahee @ GB, or Ben Tate @ KC. I could pick up someone like Daniel Thomas, Kendall Hunter or Ronnie Hillman but they dont get many touches. So I guess I really dont have a choice and will have to roll with McGahee, in what is likely to be a blowout against a good run defense. Any thoughts?

Out of those options it's McGahee. Maybe Hillman could do something but it's risky.

#67 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Yeah I'd go McGahee too.  Seems like Foster is taking on a heavier workload for the Texans, which has Tate's numbers/touches down.  And after Foster had a pretty huge game last week (something like 140 rush yards and 50 receiving yards) I could easily see the Texans and Foster trying to build off that.

#68 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,577 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

And the Texans are playing the Chiefs, who are my defense and the best defense in the NFL. So I dont expect huge rushing numbers, at least from Tate anyway.

Trying to make a last minute trade for Eillington but he faces Seattle tonight. Either way it looks like my RB 2 spot isnt getting me much this week.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#69 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

A guy I'm playing right now has Drew Brees on a bye, he picked up Carson Palmer. Palmer has -5 right now. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#70 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,613 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

It's a beautiful thing to get that lucky in fantasy football. Gotta love it.

#71 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

It's a beautiful thing to get that lucky in fantasy football. Gotta love it.

It beats last week when I faced Brandon Marshall and Ruben Randle on Thursday. It means nothing, but I hate when I'm losing after Thursday, because I feel like i'm playing catchup on Sunday. Just a mental thing.

• BobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#72 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,577 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

A guy I'm playing right now has Drew Brees on a bye, he picked up Carson Palmer. Palmer has -5 right now. 

He'd be better off thanking the Thad Lewis fantasy challenge.

Palmer is finished. But the supporting cast isn't any good either.

#73 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,613 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

3 of Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, Justin Blackmon, Keenan Allen 2 of Gio Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Lamar Miller, LeVeon Bell, Zac Stacy I'm currently ranking them in that order but they're all pretty close. Probably can't go wrong at WR.

#74 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,880 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

3 of Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, Justin Blackmon, Keenan Allen 2 of Gio Bernard, Eddie Lacy, Lamar Miller, LeVeon Bell, Zac Stacy I'm currently ranking them in that order but they're all pretty close. Probably can't go wrong at WR.

I think Keenan Allen over any of the other 3 would be going wrong, though still not a terrible play on his own.  Definitely go with the two studs and I like Blackmon to rack up some huge yards trying to keep up with SD's offense.

For RB, I'd go with Lacy and Bernard.

• BobPhelan and Mike in STL like this

#75 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

Flex spot:

Decker @ Indy
Richardson vs Denver
Harry Douglas (w/ Jones and White out) vs Tampa

#76 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,613 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Decker

#77 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Flex spot:

Decker @ Indy

Richardson vs Denver

Harry Douglas (w/ Jones and White out) vs Tampa

Decker. Richardson is a huge disappointment. I traded him away in one league just so I don't have to struggle with benching my first round pick.
@BSLMikeRandall

#78 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

In fact, a league I'm in at my fire house with a bunch of beginners, I landed Doug Martin, CJ Spiller and Trent Richardson with my top three picks. I'm 3-3 in that league and this week I'm benching them all in favor of Gio Bernard and Joeseph Randle. Pretty sad.
@BSLMikeRandall

#79 KRL224

KRL224
  • Members
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Think I pulled off a damn good trade this week.  Going into the draft I had the 12th pick and took RB's with 4 of my first 5 picks.  Ended up with Forte, Bush, Gore, Lacy, and J.Bell.  Also managed to get lucky and pick up Moreno as FA.  On the other hand, I've been relatively week at WR, with Torrey, Edelman, Boldin, and Roddy White.

Traded Forte, Boldin, and Charles Clay for D.Martin, Demaryius Thomas, and TY Hilton.

Anyway, now this is the decision I am faced with today:

Bush v. Cinci

Martin @ Atl

Moreno @ Indy

Gore @ Tenn

Lacy v Cle

Leaning towards Bush and Martin. Thoughts?

@KRL224

#80 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,613 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Bush and Moreno

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors