#101 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Another week where I went 3-0 in all my leagues (including a nice blow out in the BSL League).

Now this week I kinda face an interesting predicament.  My projected starting line-up in 1 league is as follows:

Griffin @ Denver

Moreno vs Wash

Morris @ Denver

VJax vs Carolina

Garcon @ Den

J. Thomas vs Wash

Decker vs Wash

Saints D vs Buf

Gostkowski vs Mia

6 players all dependent on 1 game seems like a lot.  But with those 2 defenses it could definitely be a high scoring game.  Just don't know if it's a good idea to roll with so many guys in 1 game or maybe sub out someone for the likes of Harry Douglas.

Thoughts?

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#102 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,661 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

That's the game to do it if you're going to. Gotta start your best players. I had a rough week. 1-3 and I had 66 points in my one win. Lost by .2 in one and starting Rivers over Luck cost me another.

#103 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,151 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:08 AM

Need two flex options from:

J. Blackmon, J. Bell, C.J. Spiller, A. Ellington, R. Mendenhall

Leaning in the order listed.  Would also be interested to know if folks prefer Spiller or Ellington this week, as I have that choice to make in another league.

Also in that other league, need one WR from:

H. Douglas, D. Moore, P. Harvin

Again, leaning in that order (would go Harvin if I knew he was playing, even on a snap count, but being on MNF pretty much makes him Out in my mind).

#104 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,748 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Blackmon and Ellington (if Mendenhall doesnt play this week...he's been limited in practice).

I'd go with Douglas. Moore is facing a tough matchup this week.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#105 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,661 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Blackmon and Ellington (if Mendenhall doesnt play this week...he's been limited in practice). I'd go with Douglas. Moore is facing a tough matchup this week.

Agreed. Reed or Cameron at TE? Also, Reed or Julius Thomas in a different league

#106 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

Agreed. Reed or Cameron at TE? Also, Reed or Julius Thomas in a different league

Reed has to show it a lot more to play in front of either of those guys.

• BobPhelan likes this

#107 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,151 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Blackmon and Ellington (if Mendenhall doesnt play this week...he's been limited in practice).

I'd go with Douglas. Moore is facing a tough matchup this week.

The Arizona game is a 4pm game, the rest are all 1pm games.  Won't know if Mendenhall is out when I need to make the decision, unless he's declared out before Sunday.  It sounds like he's definitely playing from what I've seen.

#108 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,151 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

Agree.  I paid a ton in FAAB to pick up Reed, but that's because I desperately needed a TE to replace the disaster that Jared Cook's been.  If I had Thomas or Cameron, I'd play them over Reed.  But I would take Reed over most of the other back end TE1s.  I don't think he's into the clear top half yet, like Cameron and Thomas are.

• BobPhelan likes this

#109 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Agreed. He's working his way there, but you have to consider matchups, DEN has the worst pass defense in the league, and WAS is a couple spots ahead of them. Reed is getting a ton of looks because the only other consistent option is Garcon and teams know that (hence why I was hoping to get Gordon).

I'd say Thomas is a clear start, and Cameron is a closer call.

• BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#110 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Just traded Denarius Moore and Alfred Morris for Jordy Nelson and Joique Bell. What do you think. I've been getting nothing from Fitz and Bowe as my WRs. Jordy I think is a legit Top 6-7 WR the rest of the year. Still have Reggie Bush, LeSean McCoy, and Leveon Bell as Rbs.

We'll see. Its all gonna depend on Morris the rest of the year. On one hand, it seems Helu may cut into some of his carries. On the other hand, it looks like the Skins are starting to dial up the read/option more. The read/option was a big reason he was such a beast last year.

#111 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Just traded Denarius Moore and Alfred Morris for Jordy Nelson and Joique Bell. What do you think. I've been getting nothing from Fitz and Bowe as my WRs. Jordy I think is a legit Top 6-7 WR the rest of the year. Still have Reggie Bush, LeSean McCoy, and Leveon Bell as Rbs.

We'll see. Its all gonna depend on Morris the rest of the year. On one hand, it seems Helu may cut into some of his carries. On the other hand, it looks like the Skins are starting to dial up the read/option more. The read/option was a big reason he was such a beast last year.

Due to the construction of your roster, I think that was a must move.

#112 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,151 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Given your RBs, I like it.  Without any context, I'd rather have Moore and Morris than Nelson and Bell, but it makes sense for you to do this deal.  Would have rather you traded Bowe instead of Moore, but doubt that was on the table.

#113 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Agreed with everyone else. Since you wernt hurting at RB, getting Nelson for Morris os great. If I were the other guy I would have held out for Bush instead of Morris with your stacked lineup.
@BSLMikeRandall

#114 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,661 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Yeah that was definitely a good trade for you.

#115 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

On the show tonight I suggested picking up Mike Tolbert. 13pts so far in PPR format. Also suggested Christian Ponder, Cole Beasley, and Ben Waton (pending Jimmy Grahams status) if you have holes to fill off the wire this week.
@BSLMikeRandall

#116 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Given your RBs, I like it.  Without any context, I'd rather have Moore and Morris than Nelson and Bell, but it makes sense for you to do this deal.  Would have rather you traded Bowe instead of Moore, but doubt that was on the table.

Due to the construction of your roster, I think that was a must move.

Exactly. On the surface, I would take Morris and Moore over Nelson and Bell but the need for a #1 WR was necessary since I arguably already have two #1 Rbs in Bush and McCoy.

Yeah, I should have tried to give Bowe over Moore. Don't know if it would have worked but agree that that should have been my first offer. The thing was I proposed it and it was accepted yesterday morning and I wanted it to go through yesterday so Nelson would be able to play for me this week.

Also, I'm already regretting keeping Bell over Moreno. That was a relatively tough decision for me 3 weeks ago as Bell had a good first game and Moreno was still not getting the full workload. I knew if Moreno ended up getting the full workload he would probably be the better bet but that wasn't a given. Oh well, them the breaks.

#117 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

On the show tonight I suggested picking up Mike Tolbert. 13pts so far in PPR format. Also suggested Christian Ponder, Cole Beasley, and Ben Waton (pending Jimmy Grahams status) if you have holes to fill off the wire this week.

My opponent who doesn't have a very good team started both Tolbert and Williams last night. Got 21 points combined from them. I was projected to beat him by 30 points(don't even get me started on projections!!). Now he has Manning and Decker at home against the Skins and Megatron. Ugh.

#118 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

My opponent who doesn't have a very good team started both Tolbert and Williams last night. Got 21 points combined from them. I was projected to beat him by 30 points(don't even get me started on projections!!). Now he has Manning and Decker at home against the Skins and Megatron. Ugh.

Projections are worthless. I notice there are defenses on a bye that are projected to score points. I don't even pay attention to the little note pads anymore. In my deep deep league my two RBs are a Rice and Verreen. So I've been scrambling for a RB every week. Brandon Jacobs goes down and they say to grab his back up Michael Cox. So I waste my waiver spot on him only to see Hilllis come off the street and get all the points.
@BSLMikeRandall

#119 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,777 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Roy Helu or Jacquizz Rodgers?

#120 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Roy Helu or Jacquizz Rodgers?

I think Jackson is coming back this week. Don't think either is a GREAT play, but if I HAD to pick one of them, Helu because of his pass catching skills. If WAS gets down big they will be throwing the ball a ton, and he'll get more reps than Rodgers.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=