#121 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,779 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

I think Jackson is coming back this week. Don't think either is a GREAT play, but if I HAD to pick one of them, Helu because of his pass catching skills. If WAS gets down big they will be throwing the ball a ton, and he'll get more reps than Rodgers.

A coworker and I pretty much said the same thing earlier about giving the edge to Helu.  Jackson is so injury prone though so I wonder how much he will even play.  

I also forgot to mention that I also have Hillis on the bench.  I know he's a crappy option, but he's expected to start again and get most of the work.    I'll still probably go with Helu

#122 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,663 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

With Murray looking like he'll be out and my bench decimated by bye weeks I'm in emergency flex mode. My current options are Joique Bell, Brandon Gibson, Kenny Stills. Unless there's someone I missed in free agency.

#123 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

With Murray looking like he'll be out and my bench decimated by bye weeks I'm in emergency flex mode. My current options are Joique Bell, Brandon Gibson, Kenny Stills. Unless there's someone I missed in free agency.

Go with Bell, Bush is banged up and won't play the full game.

• BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#124 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,663 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

And I'm starting Reed at TE, should I flex Gio Bernard or Jordan Cameron?

#125 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

And I'm starting Reed at TE, should I flex Gio Bernard or Jordan Cameron?

Tough call. Go to ESPN NFL Stats and check the team defensive stats for CIN and CLE's matchups, check to see where they are against the run and pass for yards allowed. I like Reed's outlook today, Peyton is playing on 2 sprained ankles, so skins are going to blitz heavy, which means they need Knowshon in to block, and a lot of passing. A lot of passing means a shootout, and Reed should get a lot of targets.

• BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#126 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Tough call. Go to ESPN NFL Stats and check the team defensive stats for CIN and CLE's matchups, check to see where they are against the run and pass for yards allowed. I like Reed's outlook today, Peyton is playing on 2 sprained ankles, so skins are going to blitz heavy, which means they need Knowshon in to block, and a lot of passing. A lot of passing means a shootout, and Reed should get a lot of targets.

Plus, someone's gonna need a big day from Reed if they expect to beat the Snyder's today.........

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#127 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,254 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

With Murray out, I have an open flex and RB spot. Two of Joe Randle, Jacquizz Rodgers, Denarius Moore

#128 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,663 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

With Murray out, I have an open flex and RB spot. Two of Joe Randle, Jacquizz Rodgers, Denarius Moore

Randle and Moore.

#129 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

So the Ravens are on a bye week, I took a semi-bye week spending the day in DC instead of watching football. I think my fantasy teams took a bye week as well. Going to go 0-3 because I can't get lucky enough on the waiver wire. (Thanks Cole Beasely). and a lot of my high draft picks are very mediocre to non existent. C.J. Spiller, Roddy White, Trent Richardson, Marques Colston, Doug Martin, and the list goes on. I'm about to be 4-4 in a league where I own Peyton Manning and Jammal Charles. 

Starting to get very annoyed. I'm sure since I've wasted bench spots by holiding onto guys like Vereen and Harvin, they'll be useless when they return to action too. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#130 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

So the Ravens are on a bye week, I took a semi-bye week spending the day in DC instead of watching football. I think my fantasy teams took a bye week as well. Going to go 0-3 because I can't get lucky enough on the waiver wire. (Thanks Cole Beasely). and a lot of my high draft picks are very mediocre to non existent. C.J. Spiller, Roddy White, Trent Richardson, Marques Colston, Doug Martin, and the list goes on. I'm about to be 4-4 in a league where I own Peyton Manning and Jammal Charles. 

Starting to get very annoyed. I'm sure since I've wasted bench spots by holiding onto guys like Vereen and Harvin, they'll be useless when they return to action too. 

Wow ... sounds like you have the worse luck than me. I thought I was bad having most points for and against and being 5-3 but 4-4 with Peyton and Charles? That sucks man.

#131 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,779 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

Aarond Rodgers came up big for me last night, one problem my opponent had Jordy Nelson.   Need a big game from Lynch to pull out the W....

#132 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,162 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Aarond Rodgers came up big for me last night, one problem my opponent had Jordy Nelson.   Need a big game from Lynch to pull out the W....

Good luck.

In my work league, I'm 6-1 and in first place, and am holding on for dear life against an 0-7 team who just happened to start Andy Dalton because Andrew Luck is on bye.  I made a tough call and sat Jimmy Graham, which may come back and bite me since he got those two scores even while playing limited snaps.  I'm up 7 and have Jared Cook while he's got Steven Hauschka.  I'd say I've got about a 50/50 shot.  Hoping for PATs only!

#133 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,762 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

Ugh, good luck with Cook. Maybe he and Clemens can get something going but he's been a huge disappointment after the offseason hype and that monster week 1 performance.

I had to start Khiry Robinson yesterday since Murray sat out. Hopefully he comes back next week...my back-up RB situation is horrible. Thankfully, I played someone who didnt break 50 and I got the win with 65 points.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#134 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,717 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

Most brutal loss I've ever seen in fantasy took place in my league this week.  A guy lost 165-163...next highest team in the league scored 105.

Just brutal.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#135 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Most brutal loss I've ever seen in fantasy took place in my league this week.  A guy lost 165-163...next highest team in the league scored 105.

Just brutal.

Ouch.

Thats why I'm a proponent of league high score at the end of the year getting paid something. At least their buy in back. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#136 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,254 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Most brutal loss I've ever seen in fantasy took place in my league this week. A guy lost 165-163...next highest team in the league scored 105. Just brutal.

I would be so mad.

#137 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Just brutal.

Yea that suck...In one of my leagues this week, I have 144 points and I could lose if Tate scores like 17 or more points tonight.

#138 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

In one of my leagues I'm going to lose b/c my opponent has the Giants kicker who only netted him a cool 18 freaking points yesterday.  Like really?  C'mon man.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#139 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,254 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

In one of my leagues I'm going to lose b/c my opponent has the Giants kicker who only netted him a cool 18 freaking points yesterday. Like really? C'mon man.

My league is considering getting rid of kickers altogether. I'm for it.

#140 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

My league is considering getting rid of kickers altogether. I'm for it.

I don't really get why leagues do this. They are a part of the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=