547 replies to this topic

#41 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:01 AM

Second most points this week with Lynch, Charles, Gordon, and Chiefs DST. Lost to the highest point total.

4-2 with the most points in the league because I have 100 more points against me than any other team.

So damn frustrating.

#42 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

Lost Cobb and Murray yesterday, watched Rodgers (my fantasy QB) beat the Ravens with mediocre stats.

Still have a shot...down 2 with Keenan Allen going tonight with the other guy having Trent Richardson but I don't like my chances and moving forward my team will be significantly weaker if those 2 guys miss time.

A crappy week.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#43 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

Had Moreno, Morris, and VJax net me 65 points in one of my leagues and in said league look to be the runaway winner for the week. 

Also, seriously looks like I'll be going 3-0 in my leagues for the first time this year.  About freaking time.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#44 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

Just received a trade proposal.

Who would you take?

MJD or Ryan Mathews

#45 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Just received a trade proposal. Who would you take? MJD or Ryan Mathews

Wow that's tough. And not in a good way. I think Matthews has more upside so I'd go with him.

#46 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Lost Cobb and Murray yesterday, watched Rodgers (my fantasy QB) beat the Ravens with mediocre stats.

Still have a shot...down 2 with Keenan Allen going tonight with the other guy having Trent Richardson but I don't like my chances and moving forward my team will be significantly weaker if those 2 guys miss time.

A crappy week...

...that actually turned out well.

Allen is a beast, and Trent Richardson...wow...if I am a Colts fan I am like, "we gave up a first rounder for this?"

Trying to pull off a Cobb/Murray for AP trade in a salary cap keeper league. The guy who has AP is done at 1-5 and AP is $68 so not a keeper.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#47 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Wow that's tough. And not in a good way. I think Matthews has more upside so I'd go with him.

I have Mathews so right now, I think I'm just going to stick with him. He had a really good game last night and I just don't trust the Jags offense.

• BobPhelan likes this

#48 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Just received a trade proposal.

Who would you take?

MJD or Ryan Mathews

MJD...Mathews continues to disappoint IMO.

He is losing too much time to Woodhead.

#49 Icterus galbula

Icterus galbula

Half-Member, Half-Amazing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,224 posts
  • LocationThe Big Easy

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Well, Ellington and MJD now have TDs today. My Bad. Pulling for Thomas to hook you up!

It was a tough call. Had a gut feeling on Ellington. Certainly wasn't a lock.

It all worked out, Reggie Wayne got me over the hump last night so I would have won regardless of the RB choice.
  • BobPhelan and Mike in STL like this

#50 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,234 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Any guesses on the injuries of Demarco Murray and Steven Jackson?

I have their backups (Jacquizz and Joseph Randle) and I'm trying to trade one to an RB-desperate manager. Just want to know which to keep and which to trade.

#51 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

Murray thinks he could play this week so that doesn't sound too serious. Highly doubt he does but that seems like a positive sign to me.

#52 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

Rivers vs JAX or Luck vs DEN? I have Allen and Hilton to hand cuff them with. Also is it smart to start Rivers, Woodhead, and Allen? Or are they gonna jump out and coast.

#53 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Rivers vs JAX or Luck vs DEN? I have Allen and Hilton to hand cuff them with.

Also is it smart to start Rivers, Woodhead, and Allen? Or are they gonna jump out and coast.

I usually dont like two players from the team on my lineup. Unless its someone who's 99% of the time going to give you points. Like Manning to Welker, or Brees and Graham. A guy in one of my leagues last week had Luck, Wayne, and Richardson. He wasn't too happy.

Even though its JAX, I still wouldn't start all three unless you have no better options. Rivers and Allen are hooking up a lot now. Is Woodhead your flex? He would be the one I'd leave out.
@BSLMikeRandall

#54 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,378 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Rivers vs JAX or Luck vs DEN? I have Allen and Hilton to hand cuff them with.

Also is it smart to start Rivers, Woodhead, and Allen? Or are they gonna jump out and coast.

Have the exact same problem in my money league. I'm leaning rivers/allen though. Just haven't liked ind playcalling. Even when they go down big I could see them still running.
  • BobPhelan likes this
@JeremyMStrain

#55 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,580 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Rivers vs JAX or Luck vs DEN? I have Allen and Hilton to hand cuff them with. Also is it smart to start Rivers, Woodhead, and Allen? Or are they gonna jump out and coast.
I usually dont like two players from the team on my lineup. Unless its someone who's 99% of the time going to give you points. Like Manning to Welker, or Brees and Graham. A guy in one of my leagues last week had Luck, Wayne, and Richardson. He wasn't too happy. Even though its JAX, I still wouldn't start all three unless you have no better options. Rivers and Allen are hooking up a lot now. Is Woodhead your flex? He would be the one I'd leave out.
It PPR and with Murray hurt and McFadden on bye he's my RB2. Allen would be the flex. Other options are Michael Floyd, Tolbert, and J. Bell. My biggest question is still Rivers or Luck.

#56 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Yeah I lost Murray too, sucks, because Willis McGahee is my 3rd RB and this week's match-up is going to be brutal vs. the Packers in GB.

Good to hear he could be back sooner than originally thought but I'm 5-1 in my league and dont want to lose any momentum and I lost Cobb too.

• BobPhelan likes this

#57 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

You could hedge your bets with Luck Allen and Woodhead. Rivers and Luck could both have good games. But if Rivers has a bad game, it likely means Allen's numbers will suffer too. 

• BobPhelan likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#58 Matt

Matt

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

IMO, don't ever look at the rest of your roster when filling out your lineup (or the opponents roster I know some people like to start players based on the other team). Always start who you think will score the most points regardless of if you have 5 players on the same team or one player on 5 different teams.

• BobPhelan likes this

#59 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

So this week Brees is on a bye and I need to pick up a QB.  Slim pickings:

Foles vs Dal

Weeden @ GB

Freeman @ NYG

Smith vs HOU

Tannehill vs BUF

Henne vs SD

Also, agree with the above about just starting who you think'll have the most points.  1 team I have, I got Decker, Moreno, and Thomas (TE) and 2 of the 3 are pretty much locked into to starting spots and Decker isn't a bad option for a flex some/most weeks.

• BobPhelan likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#60 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

Thats tough, Foles, Tannehill, Henne I think in that order. Those others are more turnover prone, and Smith may not find the endzone unless its a pass to Charles. 

@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=