• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#261 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 03 August 2022 - 02:18 PM

Anyone else feel Elias hinted pretty strongly in his comments on Trey they might reconnect in FA? He didn't just allude to it once, he kind of hinted at it several times.

#262 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 August 2022 - 02:23 PM

Anyone else feel Elias hinted pretty strongly in his comments on Trey they might reconnect in FA? He didn't just allude to it once, he kind of hinted at it several times.

That’s probably exactly what Elias means by liftoff from here then. Trey will be the big signing.

#263 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 August 2022 - 03:19 PM

If I were Trey, I think I might tell Mike to enjoy the left field wall. I doubt it happens.
@mikeghg

#264 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 August 2022 - 03:23 PM

Trey with a 2 run homer in his first game with the Astro's.  MLB Network did a study and said Trey would have 21 homeruns if he played all year in Houston.

@mikeghg

#265 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 August 2022 - 03:33 PM

And his homerun today would’ve been 23 feet short at Camden Yards.
  • glenn__davis likes this

#266 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,547 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 03 August 2022 - 05:33 PM

Def made me lol. That wall is something else.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#267 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 03 August 2022 - 09:43 PM

The guys on MLB network were saying that he is going to be helped getting out of a pitchers park.

After 29 years of being a band box, the ugly wall has made it a pitchers park.

@mikeghg

#268 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 07:15 AM

Do you really believe there is a remote chance that they even try?

I believe Elias is writing checks he cant cash with his quotes from the past 2 weeks.

#269 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 09 August 2022 - 10:57 AM

I believe Elias is writing checks he cant cash with his quotes from the past 2 weeks.

I think Elias was protecting his own ass, with the Trey comments.  That ship IMO has sailed.

@mikeghg

#270 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,130 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 11:15 AM

I don't expect Trey to be back.
I don't think Elias has said anything he can't do.

#271 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,946 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 10:34 AM

Keith Law put out his list of the top 50 free agents, and Trey didn't make the list (although he did get an honorable mention at the end).

The top 50 MLB free agents of 2022-23: Carlos Correa, Aaron Judge and more game changers - The Athletic

#272 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,631 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 02 November 2022 - 11:25 AM

Keith Law put out his list of the top 50 free agents, and Trey didn't make the list (although he did get an honorable mention at the end).

The top 50 MLB free agents of 2022-23: Carlos Correa, Aaron Judge and more game changers - The Athletic

Some of the names on the top 50 raise eyebrows.  Jace Peterson?

Also when looking at the numbers for most of the hitters, wow, 2022 was a bad year, if you were swinging a bat.

@mikeghg

#273 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,560 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 03:49 PM

Trey seems like a FA who will be signed in March.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#274 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,583 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 02 November 2022 - 04:13 PM

I think he ends back with Houston on his $10 million mutual option to replace Gurriel.

#275 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,779 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 04:23 PM

Way lower than I thought he'd be projecting for early in the season after his strong start. Once one-dimensional guys struggle with that one dimension the dollars really dry up. Bad timing for Trey. Can bounce back to a bigger deal with a typically good year, but agree that he might be inclined to pick up his end of that option.

#276 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 11:24 PM

I think he ends back with Houston on his $10 million mutual option to replace Gurriel.

I don't see Houston paying him $10 million, particularly not when the buyout is only $250K.

#277 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 06:21 AM

Keith Law, I stopped reading right there for me. How he makes a living in that world, is beyond me.

#278 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 06:49 AM

Watching the Phillies a lot lately, I was thinking he's mirrored Schwarber's career path in some ways.

Schwarber was decent to good in his early years, 122 OPS+ in 2019 with 38 HR. But then all the way down to 88 OPS+ for 2020 (only 224 PAs in a short year) and he was non-tendered. Was able to get a 1/10M deal then had a great 2021, 149 OPS+. Turned that into 4/79M and now he led the NL in HR for a WS team. Not much defensive value, seems to be a bad LF.

Mancini was decent to good in his early years, 134 OPS+ and 35 HR in 2019. I know there were extenuating circumstances but the past few years were what they are and not great, all the way down to a 75 OPS+ in 186 PAs with Houston. Not much defensive value. So he'll need to have himself a bounce back year.

Two big disadvantages: Mancini is 30, Schwarber was 27 in his bad year, so more chance of a bounce back. And the extenuating circumstances...teams may think that the 2019 guy just isn't possible anymore. So even Schwarber's 1/10M 2021 might be too rich. Muncy was a little down this year but has a better pedigree and recently signed a 1/13.5 extension for next year. I think I'd be pretty surprised if he gets the option or 1/10M from someone else. 

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#279 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,011 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 03:36 PM

It will be interesting to see what he gets. I believe his statcast data was still solid. Dont think the Astros will opt in on that option.

As far as the Os go, it was a great trade Elias made. Hope Trey gets the ring.

#280 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 02:15 AM

It will be interesting to see what he gets. I believe his statcast data was still solid. Dont think the Astros will opt in on that option.

As far as the Os go, it was a great trade Elias made. Hope Trey gets the ring.

No it wasn’t. Hope he does too.
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=