MASN: Mancini out with hand injury

https://www.masnspor...ith-hand-injury

#243 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 02:26 PM

FanGraphs: Player’s View: What Is Your Favorite Baseball Memory?

Trey Mancini, Baltimore Orioles

“My favorite baseball memory would be when I was 11 years old. AAU Baseball was huge in Florida — I’m sure it still is — and my team won the 11-and-Under championship. That was in May of 2003. We’d kind of had a tougher season up to that point, we’d underachieved, but then we ended up winning the state tournament. It was a really special time. There’s nothing like winning like that when you’re a kid. It was the biggest deal in the world to us. That was definitely the happiest I’ve ever been on a baseball field.

“My favorite memory as a pro would probably be John Means’ no-hitter last year in Seattle. Just to be a part of that… and the way that he did it, too. That no-hitter is kind of in its own category, because it was between a no-hitter and a perfect game. A dropped third strike was the only baserunner, and then he was immediately thrown out [attempting to steal]. It was very unique as far as no-hitters go, and by far the most dominant performance I’ve seen at any level of professional baseball. To get to witness it firsthand was amazing.”

• Old Man likes this

#244 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 02:29 PM

MASN: Mancini out with hand injury

https://www.masnspor...ith-hand-injury

I hate hit by the pitch hand injuries. I know, it happens.

Cakes took forever to get back to his A game, after his hit by the pitch on his hand, while batting.

#245 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,492 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 02:36 PM

I hate hit by the pitch hand injuries. I know, it happens.

Cakes took forever to get back to his A game, after his hit by the pitch on his hand, while batting.

Some would say that Markakis was never the same, but his was more wrist than hand.

#246 Old Man

Old Man

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 02:42 PM

Some would say that Markakis was never the same, but his was more wrist than hand.

I agree, and your right, was more wrist, and I think finally later with the braves he was pretty close to what he had been. considering his age and not being 24.

#247 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 26 June 2022 - 09:46 AM

Trey Mancini: "We come to the park every day and expect to win, and that's not a feeling we've had here in a long time." #orioles

#248 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 26 July 2022 - 08:37 AM

MASN: Mancini trying to silence trade talk and snap out of slump

https://www.masnspor...ap-out-of-slump

#249 BSLSteveBirrer

BSLSteveBirrer

Soccer Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,234 posts
  • LocationMS and ID

Posted 26 July 2022 - 08:15 PM

Well one way to silence the trade talks is to go into a good old fashioned slump....lol

#250 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 27 July 2022 - 08:25 AM

Balt Sun: Trey Mancini wants to ‘stay around and see’ what the surprising Orioles can do. He might not get the chance.

#251 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 04:28 PM

@masnRoch
Mancini said he’s filled with emotions. Excited to be in pennant race but this is obviously hard. Said he’s been stalling, putting off leaving the clubhouse. Was a tough goodbye with Brian Ebel. Said athletic training staff saved his life in 2020 #orioles

• BobPhelan likes this

#252 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 04:30 PM

@masnRoch
Mancini said he’s filled with emotions. Excited to be in pennant race but this is obviously hard. Said he’s been stalling, putting off leaving the clubhouse. Was a tough goodbye with Brian Ebel. Said athletic training staff saved his life in 2020 #orioles

Love Trey. Go win a ring and dont sign with anyone in the AL East next year

• BobPhelan likes this

#253 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 04:47 PM

Adley Rutschman on Trey Mancini: “He’s a guy that I look up to, that a lot of guys look up to. When you talk about a guy who's a leader, who's a team guy, that's him. He’s the gold standard.”

Asked what Trey Mancini has meant to him and the Orioles, Anthony Santander grabbed a signed Mancini jersey out of his locker and gave it a hug.

Jorge López called Trey Mancini an inspiration and said what he’s overcome has stuck with him particularly because of what his son, Mikael, has been through. “We just lost one of the greatest teammates and one of the greatest players.”

Ryan Mountcastle: “A lot of us are pretty upset.” He said multiple times “it sucks” that Trey Mancini was traded.

#254 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 August 2022 - 05:53 PM

Adley Rutschman on Trey Mancini: “He’s a guy that I look up to, that a lot of guys look up to. When you talk about a guy who's a leader, who's a team guy, that's him. He’s the gold standard.”

Asked what Trey Mancini has meant to him and the Orioles, Anthony Santander grabbed a signed Mancini jersey out of his locker and gave it a hug.

Jorge López called Trey Mancini an inspiration and said what he’s overcome has stuck with him particularly because of what his son, Mikael, has been through. “We just lost one of the greatest teammates and one of the greatest players.”

Ryan Mountcastle: “A lot of us are pretty upset.” He said multiple times “it sucks” that Trey Mancini was traded.

Trey is a class act and the organization is a little less now that he is gone.

Here are Trey's comments.

“There are so many emotions and I think it will take a while to really be able to express all of them, but there’s not enough I can say about this organization, the city of Baltimore, what the fans mean to me, what these guys in here mean to me. It’s the only team I’ve been a part of since 2013, and to be a part of things changing for the better this year and see the organization going the way that I’ve been waiting for it to for a long time has been incredible, and I always said I wanted to see the rebuild through. And I feel like in a lot of ways I have. I think things are only going to get better here, and besides when I’m playing against them, I’m always going to be rooting for these guys in here.

@mikeghg

#255 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 08:29 PM

#256 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 08:29 PM

#257 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 08:31 PM

Time flies

#258 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 08:32 PM

#259 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,712 posts

Posted 01 August 2022 - 08:32 PM

#260 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,626 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 01 August 2022 - 08:47 PM

Trey comes home when Houston comes in.  I have to trade in some tickets, so that may be a good use for them.

@mikeghg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=