Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

Calling me insecure...PERSONAL ATTACK!

You're just obnoxious. I find you to be that rare breed of know-it-all and clueless (at least on the subjects I've debated with you). A very lethal combo indeed. To top it off, you're a latent troll.

Meh, Stoner has tried hard to avoid these types of posts on his site so perhaps an "ignore" is in order out of respect.

You seem to think you know me even though you don't. You know very little about me. And if you're going to attack my character, atleast get your facts straight, since you can't seem to do that.

Calling me a know-it-all is comical. I might have strong opinions but I don't think it's law of the land. And I'm USUALLY understanding of other points of view.

If you find me obnoxious, I'm not sure why you give me the time of day. Not everyone is for everyone on here. There's some people on here I don't particularly care for but I try not to be rude to them.

Now maybe you can get back on topic and attack the argument instead of the person making it. I hate having to hijack the board with these types of posts but I believe I'm allowed to defend myself when I'm being attacked unprovoked.

@levineps

#62 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

Getting back on topic, anyone else think the Wiz should bring back Gheorghe Muresan in some capacity?

I mean, who doesn't love Ghitza.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#63 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

Getting back on topic, anyone else think the Wiz should bring back Gheorghe Muresan in some capacity?

I mean, who doesn't love Ghitza.

I seem to recall him making periodic appearances in recent years at Wizards related stuff. On his camp website, it says he's part of the Wizards marketing and PR team (http://giantbasketba...ita_muresan.php). You could probably use him in an even larger role though (no pun intended).

@levineps

#64 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

Everyone loves Gheorghe. Honestly, and this sounds bad, I'm just glad he's still alive. Given individuals in his situation, it's great that he's still healthy. Would love to see him more involved. He was always awesome to me when I was a fan as a kid.

@AdamWolff

#65 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

Everyone loves Gheorghe. Honestly, and this sounds bad, I'm just glad he's still alive. Given individuals in his situation, it's great that he's still healthy. Would love to see him more involved. He was always awesome to me when I was a fan as a kid.

It doesn't sound so bad to me, it's a taboo subject but when you need to take medication to keep from not getting taller, it's a thought that crosses your mind (atleast for me as well).

@levineps

#66 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

He's such a good dude too.
@JeremyMStrain

#67 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

Leonsis really wants to make the playoffs, sure they won't beat the Bulls or Heat, but the East is pretty weak, the Wiz could get the 6th seed, and may win a round.

They aren't beating Indy either.

#68 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

He's such a good dude too.

Yea...I met him once at my old job. Nice guy.

#69 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

I just think this is a really bad deal for DC.

Gortat is a serviceable big man but this is a really deep draft coming up and if they do make the playoffs, win, at most. 1 game...will it have been worth it?

You already have Wall locked up.

They want to keep Beal but he isn't going to stay because you made the playoffs once...he will stay because there is a real future...you need players for that future.

#70 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

I was thinking an old possibly injured Brooklyn team, catching them at the right time...I know it's a stretch, don't get me wrong. 

I still like the deal, if only to make the franchise a bit relevant again, bring the fans out, get some TV exposure, good experience for the backcourt guys playing important games in April...etc. 

But no, Gortat doesn't make them a title contender, obviously. 

@beginthebegin71

#71 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Yea...I met him once at my old job. Nice guy.

He lives in Potomac and he shops at Montgomery Mall during the day all the time, I used to run in to him a lot. His son was at one of the local Middle Schools when my wife was teaching there and he was already like 6 foot something and playing basketball.

@JeremyMStrain

#72 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

I dunno, I'm thinking we should actually see them play this season before we decide what their ceiling is. Just thinking with Wall healthy, Beal another year of growth, who knows what we've got in Porter yet, and now a solid big man to slide Nene over to the 4. If things bounce right AND everyone stays healthy they could be more of a surprise than anyone thinks. I wouldn't think any better than a 2nd round team at best...but crazier things have happened. I worry about the depth, but they might finally be on to something.

@JeremyMStrain

#73 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

I dunno, I'm thinking we should actually see them play this season before we decide what their ceiling is. Just thinking with Wall healthy, Beal another year of growth, who knows what we've got in Porter yet, and now a solid big man to slide Nene over to the 4. If things bounce right AND everyone stays healthy they could be more of a surprise than anyone thinks. I wouldn't think any better than a 2nd round team at best...but crazier things have happened. I worry about the depth, but they might finally be on to something.

Exactly. 

Should at least be a positive season, which is more than we've seen in years. 

Not at all high on Porter personally, but whatever, the depth will be improved like you said. 

@beginthebegin71

#74 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

Exactly. 

Should at least be a positive season, which is more than we've seen in years. 

Not at all high on Porter personally, but whatever, the depth will be improved like you said. 

Yeah I'm not really sure what to expect either, but I know that I've seen plenty of guys that I was like "oh yeah, just a guy, whatever" and then they turn into a super solid contributor on the right team. He could just be the right kind of guy in the right combination of players, that's more what they need, not superstars, I think with Wall and Beal they are on the right track there already.

I'm still a little salty at the Wiz for not taking Curry a couple years ago. I was literally screaming at the TV when I saw them botch their chance.

@JeremyMStrain

#75 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Yeah I'm not really sure what to expect either, but I know that I've seen plenty of guys that I was like "oh yeah, just a guy, whatever" and then they turn into a super solid contributor on the right team. He could just be the right kind of guy in the right combination of players, that's more what they need, not superstars, I think with Wall and Beal they are on the right track there already.

I'm still a little salty at the Wiz for not taking Curry a couple years ago. I was literally screaming at the TV when I saw them botch their chance.

I'm just not sure what he does really well, unless he's just a hustle guy who usually just does the right thing, like a Battier type. Hope I'm wrong, and he blossoms into an all star...I see Wesley Johnson all over again though, I gotta be honest. 

Imagine Curry and Wall in the same backcourt...

@beginthebegin71

#76 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

I'm just not sure what he does really well, unless he's just a hustle guy who usually just does the right thing, like a Battier type. Hope I'm wrong, and he blossoms into an all star...I see Wesley Johnson all over again though, I gotta be honest. 

Imagine Curry and Wall in the same backcourt...

Yeah I was imagining a "Byron Mouton" from the Terps title year. Gets little to no fanfare, but his hustle, defense, and chipping in with a big game here or there from the 3 was a HUGE reason we won.

Then think of the dominoes falling. Don't need Beal last year so maybe they take Drummond or Barnes? (Don't think they take Lillard obv) then this year maybe they take Zeller or Len or Noel since they are solid around the perimeter?

ONE bad move can turn into redundant moves later...it's why I'm NOT a Grunfeld fan, makes bad ones over and over.

• SBTarheel and Matt_P like this
@JeremyMStrain

#77 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

Yeah I was imagining a "Byron Mouton" from the Terps title year. Gets little to no fanfare, but his hustle, defense, and chipping in with a big game here or there from the 3 was a HUGE reason we won.

Then think of the dominoes falling. Don't need Beal last year so maybe they take Drummond or Barnes? (Don't think they take Lillard obv) then this year maybe they take Zeller or Len or Noel since they are solid around the perimeter?

ONE bad move can turn into redundant moves later...it's why I'm NOT a Grunfeld fan, makes bad ones over and over.

Good comparison, I'd take that from Porter for sure...Not quite sure you want that from the #3 pick, but it was  a pretty awful draft. 

Great call, love those "what if" type of conversations..

@beginthebegin71

#78 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Good comparison, I'd take that from Porter for sure...Not quite sure you want that from the #3 pick, but it was  a pretty awful draft. 

Great call, love those "what if" type of conversations..

Yeah I really loosely followed him in college, so I'm not sure what to expect either, but if that's all we got out of him I would be completely happy with it. I don't really care where a guy gets picked as long as they give you something you need, not looking for the homerun pick (especially like you said in such a weak draft) but the complimentary pieces are just as important. Take Kerr or Paxon off the Bulls and it takes a HUGE dimension away from the team.

The what ifs drive me crazy cause hindsight is 20/20, but the ones when I would have done it different at the time, and THOSE guys turn out to be better picks are frustrating. (And it's way worse with MLB than other sports for me)

@JeremyMStrain

#79 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Yeah I really loosely followed him in college, so I'm not sure what to expect either, but if that's all we got out of him I would be completely happy with it. I don't really care where a guy gets picked as long as they give you something you need, not looking for the homerun pick (especially like you said in such a weak draft) but the complimentary pieces are just as important. Take Kerr or Paxon off the Bulls and it takes a HUGE dimension away from the team.

The what ifs drive me crazy cause hindsight is 20/20, but the ones when I would have done it different at the time, and THOSE guys turn out to be better picks are frustrating. (And it's way worse with MLB than other sports for me)

Sure, and who knows if there was a homerun guy taken after Porter anyway, though a lot of "experts" seem to like McLemore, though I'm not sure that's a good fit in Sacramento..

Oh, I can imagine with MLB..SO much talent out there, and that's your thing, you probably yell at the screen every draft

@beginthebegin71

#80 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,383 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Sure, and who knows if there was a homerun guy taken after Porter anyway, though a lot of "experts" seem to like McLemore, though I'm not sure that's a good fit in Sacramento..

Oh, I can imagine with MLB..SO much talent out there, and that's your thing, you probably yell at the screen every draft

Yeah I liked McLemore a little too, but seemed like it was a draft full of 3rd-4th options and no real stars. Bound to happen time to time.

Yeah I try to limit it to the first couple rounds because it's REALLY hard to find those nuggets in the later rounds. Now if Jimmy Reed (STL) ends up doing really well in the 'pen out there, I'm going to be pretty salty, cause I fought hard for him with some people. I have plenty I miss on too though (Matzek for one) so pros and cons.

@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=