313 replies to this topic

#261 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 07:14 PM

Looking up for that Eagles pick but pushing it could create a worse injury.

#262 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 10:49 AM

The Ringer: The Colts Are Running Out of Time to Get the Quarterback Position Right

#263 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 01:22 PM

Colts (GM) seems to be playing scared with the QB position. Doesn't want to whiff on a draft pick, doesn't want to whiff on a FA signing or trade.  Reality is, you just did. And playing scared will only get you shown the door even earlier.

I personally love it since I don't like the Colts for obvious reasons. They lucked out with two great QBs back to back. They deserve to endure QB hell a little while longer.

But if I had to guess, they'll bring in Ryan Fitzpatrick and draft a QB in the earlier rounds.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#264 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 06:00 PM

Colts (GM) seems to be playing scared with the QB position. Doesn't want to whiff on a draft pick, doesn't want to whiff on a FA signing or trade.  Reality is, you just did. And playing scared will only get you shown the door even earlier.

I personally love it since I don't like the Colts for obvious reasons. They lucked out with two great QBs back to back. They deserve to endure QB hell a little while longer.

But if I had to guess, they'll bring in Ryan Fitzpatrick and draft a QB in the earlier rounds.

SF is asking too much I've heard. Likely a 1st the Colts don't have. They could bring on Winston or Bridgewater .

#265 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 08:51 AM

Or Watson

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#266 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 10:44 AM

Or Watson

Watson still has his no trade clause. Texans like all teams would want their player out of the conference. Carolina & Seattle are the front runners.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

#267 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 11:12 AM

Watson still has his no trade clause. Texans like all teams would want their player out of the conference. Carolina & Seattle are the front runners.

Yeah there is zero chance the Texans will trade in the division. Can you imagine if we traded Lamar to the Browns? Agree NFC would be much preferred for them and is most likely. 

I saw on twitter Watson, in making his no trade clause decision, supposedly wants a good head coach, good OL, good D. I mean, who doesn't? But I imagine he just wants out of Houston more than anything at this point. 

#268 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 12 March 2022 - 12:11 PM

Yeah there is zero chance the Texans will trade in the division. Can you imagine if we traded Lamar to the Browns? Agree NFC would be much preferred for them and is most likely. 

I saw on twitter Watson, in making his no trade clause decision, supposedly wants a good head coach, good OL, good D. I mean, who doesn't? But I imagine he just wants out of Houston more than anything at this point. 

Any interested team is going to want to have an idea of any league punishment for Watson. Might drive the price down a little if its half a season.

#269 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 03:10 PM

Ryan isn't what he was, but it's another good QB in the AFC. 

#270 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,997 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 03:13 PM

Wentz out, Ryan in doesn't really change my view of the Colts or the conference all that much.

#271 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 03:22 PM

Wentz out, Ryan in doesn't really change my view of the Colts or the conference all that much.

Yeah, that's fair... it's relatively even.   But the Colts entered last year considered a darkhorse SB team... I think their a tier below the AFC contenders currently, and I question Ryan's arm strength... but strong running game, play action...  experience, sound decision making...  can see them making the playoffs... not sure I think they are capable of winning multiple playoff games though.

#272 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,647 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 21 March 2022 - 03:47 PM

Good move for thye Colts, getting Ryan for a 3.

Damn the AFC is loaded.

@mikeghg

#273 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,666 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 04:16 PM

Statistically Wentz had a solid season last year. Ryan is probably a downgrade and is 37. 

This is rearranging deck chairs IMO. 

#274 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 21 March 2022 - 06:58 PM

Statistically Wentz had a solid season last year. Ryan is probably a downgrade and is 37. 

This is rearranging deck chairs IMO. 

Its Philip Rivers 2 .

#275 BSLMikeFast

BSLMikeFast

Ravens Analyst

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 22 March 2022 - 07:38 AM

They got a ton of salary off their books, but I agree with you.

@MikeFastNFL

#276 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 22 March 2022 - 08:07 PM

I like the deal the Colts made.  They were being called the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs last year, until they blew it.  Wentz was wildly inconsistent and choked badly against Jacksonville with a playoff spot on the line.  And if you believe some of the rumors out there, he seems almost like some kind of psychopath.  When Rivers was there, his arm was shot.  

Ryan had thrown for over 4000 yards for 10 consecutive years before last year.  Last year he had a 67% completion pct, was 32 yards short of 4000 yards, and threw for 20 TDs, on a team that moved on from Julio Jones and lost Calvin Ridley for most of the year.  He's not a long term answer at 37, but he is better than anyone the Colts have had since Andrew Luck.  Now what they need is some WRs for him to throw to.  And they only gave up a 3rd round pick.  

I think his signing makes the Colts a legitimate playoff threat, especially since they get to play 4 games against Jacksonville/Houston and their NFC conference division to play is the East.  

• SouthRider likes this

#277 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 23 March 2022 - 11:02 AM

The AFC is now stacked with quality quarterbacks.  It's going to make it more difficult for the Ravens.  I wonder how Ron Rivera is thinking about his quarterback situation now?  

#278 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 06:08 AM

The AFC is now stacked with quality quarterbacks.  It's going to make it more difficult for the Ravens.  I wonder how Ron Rivera is thinking about his quarterback situation now?  

They have tried to get a better QB after the Haskins fiasco the last few years, but it seems no one wants to go there.

• sandiegosean likes this

#279 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts

Posted 17 April 2022 - 08:36 AM

#280 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,314 posts