313 replies to this topic

#241 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 12:21 PM

AFC has the potential for a lot of good teams with good-great 20 something QBs. KC, Buf, Bal, Cle, LAC, Hou(currently), Ind are all teams that have guys that have already established themselves to some degree. Then Mia, Cin, Jac have young Top 5 draft pick talents with Tua, Burrow, and Lawrence and probably the Jets with the 2nd pick.

#242 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 12:28 PM

Colts have a good line and a good young running back.  If Wentz can't succeed there, he's probably done.

#243 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 12:29 PM

Love the trade for the Colts. 

#244 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 February 2021 - 12:38 PM

No brainer for them. If it works out, yeah they give up a 1st - who wouldn't for a franchise QB. If it doesn't, they really don't give up that much draft capital for the upside that could be realized here. Real scary team if it does work out. 

#245 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 February 2021 - 12:41 PM

It is amazing how quickly Wentz fell.  He was going to be the next big superstar QB after the Eagles SB year.  Unfortunately he got hurt that year and never got it back.

He is still young so mabe a change of scenery helps him.  The Colts really did not give up a lot, if he can still play.

@mikeghg

#246 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 February 2021 - 12:42 PM

The 34 Million cap hit is huge for the Eagles in this cap year.  I quess they are heading for a partial rebuild.

@mikeghg

#247 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 12:56 PM

AFC is loaded. Kinda sucks. Maybe Wentz really is washed up.

#248 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 01:19 PM

The 34 Million cap hit is huge for the Eagles in this cap year.  I quess they are heading for a partial rebuild.

It's a huge dead money number but it's actually a very slight cap savings compared to rostering him.

#249 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 05:37 PM

Reuniting Wentz with Frank Reich is a no brainer.  The solid OL of the Colts and Reich's system is going to make Wentz a solid QB again.  I love it for the Colts.  Amazing how fast the Eagles went from Super Bowl champs to bottom-feeders. 

#250 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 06:19 PM

I always thought this is where he'd likely end up. Assuming Reich wanted him Indy had the means to make it happen. Plus Phi moves him out of the conference in case Wentz does bounce back in a big way.

#251 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:49 AM

I think this is a great move for the Colts and for Wentz.  It was clear his time in Philly is over.  With Frank Reich he will actually play for a good head coach.  The Colts have a decent OL and a better running game.  I think he's in great position to bounce back to what he was.  If he does, he instantly moves the Colts from being a fringe playoff team like they were last year to a true AFC contender.  And with their defense, it moves them ahead of Tennessee in the division.  

#252 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 07:27 AM

I don't think this moves the needle that much for me. I don't see Wentz improving much on the season Rivers had last year and it's probably more likely Wentz is even worse. That said I do like the trade for the Colts. This is the kind of QB they should be trying to acquire.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#253 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,627 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:07 AM

I don't think this moves the needle that much for me. I don't see Wentz improving much on the season Rivers had last year and it's probably more likely Wentz is even worse. That said I do like the trade for the Colts. This is the kind of QB they should be trying to acquire.

I think the potential is there for it to really help the Colts.  Rivers had no arm strength left and it made them very easy to defend.  Wentz has a lot of work to do to get back to where he was, but he has a chance.

@mikeghg

#254 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 09:53 PM

Kwity Paye to the Colts.

#255 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 06:53 AM

ESPN: Colts OC Marcus Brady tasked with getting Carson Wentz back on track

https://www.espn.com...z-back-on-track

#256 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 30 July 2021 - 03:30 PM

Colts QB Carson Wentz is out indefinitely after a foot injury that he suffered in yesterday's practice. (via

#257 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 30 July 2021 - 04:40 PM

@NFLonFOX

Colts QB Carson Wentz is out indefinitely after a foot injury that he suffered in yesterday's practice. (via

@MikeWellsNFL and @AdamSchefter)

Already? It’s an annual tradition!
@BSLMikeRandall

#258 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 06:58 AM

The Ringer: The Colts Have Very Little Wiggle Room to Solve Their QB Conundrum

#259 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,078 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 01:21 PM

#260 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,557 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 03:20 PM

I wouldn't trust that Wentz would start 12 games any more than I could throw him.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=