Posted 27 April 2023 - 08:26 PM

Bears selecting at 10..Darnell Wright, OT

#102 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 08:50 AM

The Ringer: What’s Wrong With the Bears Offense? Everything.

#103 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 10:58 AM

At this point, Fields just isn't very good. 

#104 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 11:05 AM

Fields is a legit running QB who can't QB. He's what they said Lamar would be.

#105 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 September 2023 - 11:07 AM

It seemed pretty obvious from the get go. It's amazing how enamored teams can be by various metrics which don't add up to winning, but do salvage a perception of value out of certain guys. From a passing perspective, Fields is ranked right there with Pickett, Ritter and Zach Wilson. Not where you want to be in year 3. Not where you want to be when they bring in new coaches, a new WR1 in DJ Moore, draft a stud young RB in Roschon, etc, etc. There are going to be a LOT of Dynasty managers in a bad spot when Chicago inevitably moves on.

Also, it's week 2, so you never know, I guess. Although I feel like in this case, we do know.

#106 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 11:14 AM

Fields was productive at the end of last year... not so much passing, but he was running for big yards.
Don't really get why they wanted him to do less of that this year.  That's a plus that he brings, use it.  
They also haven't done him any favors with the O-Line in-front of him.
He's got a quality arm too imo. 
That said, saw clips of him just not seeing guys wide open the other day. That's completely on him.

#107 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 11:18 AM

They should have brought Roman in and went all in on Fields’ legs.

#108 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 September 2023 - 11:32 AM

They should have brought Roman in and went all in on Fields’ legs.

So they can, at best case scenario, lose early in the playoffs? We all know what the ceiling is with that approach. I actually think they did the right thing by trying to go for a higher ceiling. But again, certain metrics blind smart people from seeing who a guy really is. Fields ain’t it. Never was, never will be.

#109 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,321 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 11:37 AM

So they can, at best case scenario, lose early in the playoffs? We all know what the ceiling is with that approach. I actually think they did the right thing by trying to go for a higher ceiling. But again, certain metrics blind smart people from seeing who a guy really is. Fields ain’t it. Never was, never will be.

My opinion is there is only a small handful of guys who you win because of, and there is another group of guys you can win with.  I think you can get to a point you win with Fields.  

Also think they'll be moving on. 

#110 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 11:57 AM

Probably, but Roman and Kaepernick came a couple plays away from a Super Bowl, maybe you can salvage something from Fields and it seems like you aren't going to do it in the passing game. The defense seems really bad so it's probably moot anyway. But either way they will be drafting another QB soon. Imagine getting Fields and Trubisky back to back. 

#111 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 September 2023 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, that’s brutal. I could see Trubisky getting the reigns again in Pittsburgh before the season’s over though.

#112 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 12:08 PM

Fields is a legit running QB who can't QB. He's what they said Lamar would be.

Chicago's ineptness hasn't helped things, but yeah.  Year 1 was wasted by Matt Nagy.  Year 2 he seemed to be like Lamar when he took over for Flacco.  But unlike how Lamar took off the next season, Fields looks just as crappy as ever.

#113 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,669 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 01:36 PM

Pretty sad situation when the best QB of the last 40 years has been Rex Grossman.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#114 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 04:12 PM

Developing story. Bears DC was on personal leave and had his home raided by the FBI on Sunday. Former Bears DB Charles Tillman is currently an FBI agent and made Bears management aware. Today the DC abruptly resigned, and the FBI has raided the Bears team facility. 

Bears defensive coordinator Alan Williams resigns (msn.com)

@BSLMikeRandall

#115 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 September 2023 - 04:17 PM

FBI? Gambling related?

#116 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 04:19 PM

Developing story. Bears DC was on personal leave and had his home raided by the FBI on Sunday. Former Bears DB Charles Tillman is currently an FBI agent and made Bears management aware. Today the DC abruptly resigned, and the FBI has raided the Bears team facility. 

Bears defensive coordinator Alan Williams resigns (msn.com)

We'll a huge part of that story. Basically, anything that says "FBI" has been redacted from the article. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#117 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 04:27 PM

FBI? Gambling related?

You just guessing on gambling related or did you see something

#118 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 04:39 PM

The Bears say they weren't raided. The rumors were really bad, worse than gambling, but it isn't at all clear what's true.

#119 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 20 September 2023 - 04:50 PM

You just guessing on gambling related or did you see something

Just speculation as I know they tend to get involved in those types of matters and leagues recently reached out to the feds to ask for help enforcing gambling improprieties.

Haven’t heard or seen whatever it is that Mako referenced.

#120 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 05:18 PM

So much disinformation out there. I assume this is the life of being on twitter or X. There is likely something going down with this dude but sounds like the Tillman stuff and Bears team facility being raided is total BS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=