153 replies to this topic

#121 CantonJester

CantonJester

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 20 September 2023 - 10:20 PM

So much disinformation out there. I assume this is the life of being on twitter or X. There is likely something going down with this dude but sounds like the Tillman stuff and Bears team facility being raided is total BS

Belonging to a group is stronger than facts. Elon Musk knows the power of misinformation, plain and simple. We can talk about that over a beer some day, but it's not a topic for this message board.  :ph34r:

#122 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 25 September 2023 - 08:50 AM

#123 makoman

makoman

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 04:51 PM

The Bears traded the 2023 32nd pick for Chase Claypool a year ago, and now traded him and a 2025 7th for a 2025 6th. He had less than 2 catches per game for them. Big L there.

They have Yannick, we should give them a 7th and try again with a different DC that might get the most from him.

#124 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 22 December 2023 - 01:30 PM

CBS Sports: Landing Spots for Fields

https://www.cbssport...2024-nfl-draft/

#125 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 04:07 PM

The Ringer: The Bears Face a QB Crossroads Unlike Any in Recent Memory

#126 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 04 January 2024 - 04:52 PM

This is a fascinating decision imo. It's franchise altering and I see both sides of it. Either way, they're in a great position.

#127 SonicAttack

SonicAttack
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 04:54 PM

I'd roll w/ Fields and build around him.  

#128 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,841 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 04:58 PM

Drafting another QB #1 is basically starting over. Could work out, but could also implode in your face.

Trade #1 for a huge haul and hope that Fields is your guy.

#129 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:07 PM

Fields is a bad processor. They couldn’t do anything on his rookie deal. He flashes at times, but on athleticism. Rarely on anticipation or decision making. This is an easy call IMO. Get draft capital for him and build around Caleb.

#130 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:08 PM

Drafting another QB #1 is basically starting over. Could work out, but could also implode in your face.

Trade #1 for a huge haul and hope that Fields is your guy.

Starting over on a brand new rookie contract, too. That part can’t be understated.

#131 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:22 PM

Fields is a bad processor. They couldn’t do anything on his rookie deal. He flashes at times, but on athleticism. Rarely on anticipation or decision making. This is an easy call IMO. Get draft capital for him and build around Caleb.

He has improved though and they are basically the Lions of last year as a team that is one of the better teams in the NFL, but it's too late for that to translate into a playoff berth. 

#132 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:24 PM

Starting over on a brand new rookie contract, too. That part can’t be understated.

Absolutely.  I like Fields, but it's an easy call for me.  You trade him, you get a return, you get a rookie QB.

#133 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:26 PM

How much do you believe in this QB class. Well, really only the top QB in this class. Fields isnt gonna be great. Even if he gets to good enough he wont be an All Pro caliber guy. If you think Williams or Maye or Daniels has a real shot of being great you have an easy decision.

#134 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:33 PM

An out of LF option is trade Fields and still trade down and get Penix Jr (probably with their own pick around 10), who looks great to me on limited viewing plus McShay and Russillo have really talked him up on the latter's pod. 

#135 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:39 PM

An out of LF option is trade Fields and still trade down and get Penix Jr (probably with their own pick around 10), who looks great to me on limited viewing plus McShay and Russillo have really talked him up on the latter's pod. 

Yeah, I'm sure Penix will climb.   Many mocks have him end of the 1st, early 2nd. 

#136 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,322 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:40 PM

How much do you believe in this QB class. Well, really only the top QB in this class. Fields isnt gonna be great. Even if he gets to good enough he wont be an All Pro caliber guy. If you think Williams or Maye or Daniels has a real shot of being great you have an easy decision.

I don't think the evaluation has to be do you think a rookie will be great. 
I think it's can they be an average QB on that first deal.  If you get average production from the QB, with the QB making the rookie contract... that's just a great help in building a roster.

#137 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,402 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:47 PM

I don't think the evaluation has to be do you think a rookie will be great.
I think it's can they be an average QB on that first deal. If you get average production from the QB, with the QB making the rookie contract... that's just a great help in building a roster.

That can also be a fair question to ask but that question brings keeping Fields back into the mix and trading #1 for a haul. I think those are the 2 real options. Take a QB at #1 because you love his ceiling. All Pro ceiling. Or you trade back. Likely only trading back 1 to 3 spots and picking up more draft capital.

#138 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,383 posts

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:49 PM

This way they could potentially get a stud like Harrison Jr along with Penix Jr, or trade down again (or further to begin with) and get Odunze to keep that Husky synergy.

#139 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:53 PM

I believe Caleb will be great. Never know, always risk with QB’s. But he’s a stud. Great processor, scrambler, great downfield arm, USC’s roster was terrible this year.

Maye is far more risky. So is Daniels. I like Penix above those 2 personally - his deep ball is a thing of beauty, and with his age, he’s much more developed/mature. He should’ve won the Heisman this year IMO.

Nix always seems like a bit of a disappointment when I watch him (not results wise but just opportunities missed), plus has a funky arm a bit. Think both he and McCarthy have a chance to succeed too.

As for Fields improving - not in the processing department IMO. Hard pass there, agreed with 2035 on his limited upside. Serviceable starter who will flash, you’re not winning a championship with him, you have to try someone else with 1.01 IMHO.

#140 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 04 January 2024 - 05:53 PM

This way they could potentially get a stud like Harrison Jr along with Penix Jr, or trade down again (or further to begin with) and get Odunze to keep that Husky synergy.

This would be very tempting. Good call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=