#61 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

I usually end up drinking at the house most of the time, but I'll ride a bike over to Big Peaches in S. Bethany for some good wings/sandwiches and some drinks.

#62 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

I was in Topsail, NC for 4th of July...nice area, more relaxed than OC, but not as rural as OBX. Waves were mediocre and the riptides were bad, 4 people drowned the week we were there and my dad got caught in a rip current once, thankfully he was on a boogey board.

The beaches in OC, when it comes to sand, size, and wave quality, are hard to beat.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#63 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

I was in Topsail, NC for 4th of July...nice area, more relaxed than OC, but not as rural as OBX. Waves were mediocre and the riptides were bad, 4 people drowned the week we were there and my dad got caught in a rip current once, thankfully he was on a boogey board.

The beaches in OC, when it comes to sand, size, and wave quality, are hard to beat.

My fiance's father lives close to Topsail in Jacksonville.  Whenever we visit we get a place on the beach in Topsail.  Not bad at all, though there isn't a lot to do around there, in terms of nightlife unless you get closer to Camp Lejeune and even then it is a lot of dive bars.  But for chilling on the beach and in the place, it is cool.

#64 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

I always drink on the beach at OC (as does everyone else), but it sure is nice to be able to do it in the open.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#65 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'll always be partial to OBX. As a kid, we went there with my grandparents and cousin's family every year for 2 weeks in the summer. Some really, really great memories there. Now, for about the last 10 years, we spend the week of Thanksgiving there every other year. At first I wasn't really into the going in the offseason thing, but you can get awesome houses for great prices and having everyone together for a week around a holiday is actually a lot of fun. There's not a whole lot to do, and even some of the things are closed for the season, so it's all about hanging out with family, drinking beer, and usually watching a lot of football. Great times.

I like Ocean City, too, although not nearly as much as I did when I was like..15-20. I've just seen so much douchebaggery from people on the boardwalk it's a turn off. The last time I was there, we stayed off the boardwalk, down on like..70th street or something and it was more about going out and doing things, rather than anything boardwalk related. That was a lot more enjoyable. The novelty of the boardwalk has just 100% worn off for me and the beaches are more crowded than I'd like. Still have fond memories of it, but I'll take OBX 10 times out of 10.

@AdamWolff

#66 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:22 PM

OCMD, I miss you.

• DJ MC likes this

#67 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

Bay Bridge toll rolled back from $6 to $4.

Other tolls in MD have been scaled back too.

Gotta love my man Hogan!

#68 SammyBirdland

SammyBirdland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,019 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

Gotta love my man Hogan!

GQjdq1o.gif

• Markus likes this
¡Hasta la vista, pelota!

#69 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:58 PM

And it's only $2.50 if you have a Maryland EZ Pass.

#70 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

And it's only $2.50 if you have a Maryland EZ Pass.

Which they waived the monthly account charges for.

#71 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:09 AM

Other tolls in MD have been scaled back too.

Gotta love my man Hogan!

Yea, he has been great thus far. Just hope the dems let him work and don't block a bunch of stuff like they did with Ehrlich.

Going to the beach in a few weeks for a good weekend. Can't wait to get down there.

#72 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:14 AM

I guess we are allowed to talk politics now. Sweet.
  • DuffMan likes this

#73 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,146 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

Yea, he has been great thus far. Just hope the dems let him work and don't block a bunch of stuff like they did with Ehrlich.

Going to the beach in a few weeks for a good weekend. Can't wait to get down there.

I guess we are allowed to talk politics now. Sweet.

Nope, no change.  I don't always see everything.

#74 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,365 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:22 AM

I gu

ess we are allowed to talk politics now. Sweet.

Nope, no change.  I don't always see everything.

I was joking. Funny that the post came from a moderator, though. :D

#75 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,146 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:24 AM

I was joking. Funny that the post came from a moderator, though. :D

Joking or not, the point you made was correct.

#76 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:31 AM

Taking the wife and kids for 4 days to the Carousel (The weekend after Memorial Day, rates are not peak yet), looking forward to it. 

@beginthebegin71

#77 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,146 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

Taking the wife and kids for 4 days to the Carousel (The weekend after Memorial Day, rates are not peak yet), looking forward to it. 

Nice beach bar.

Good memories of being there as a kid, playing elevator tag in the off-season...  old arcade there too.

#78 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

Nice beach bar.

Good memories of being there as a kid, playing elevator tag in the off-season...  old arcade there too.

We always stayed next door at the Sea Watch as kids, but would go over to the Carousel to play on the elevators. 

My Daughter loves the ice Skating. A nice tradition. The little beach bar is outstanding. 

@beginthebegin71

#79 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:53 PM

Heading down to OC for Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully the weather's nice.

#80 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:21 PM

I'll be down there too. Can't wait.
  • Bmore Irish likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=