http://baltimore.cbs...-named-1-in-us/

#82 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:19 PM

Accident on Severn River bridge right now. For some reason, that bridge is worse crossing than the bay bridge.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#83 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,229 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:08 PM

Accident on Severn River bridge right now. For some reason, that bridge is worse crossing than the bay bridge.

I've never understand why that is but I agree wholeheartedly

#84 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

I have been starting to take Richie Hwy during heavy times. Works pretty well, and there's a shortcut I use to cut over from 97.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#85 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:16 PM

I've never understand why that is but I agree wholeheartedly

My theory is that the Bay Bridge is such a big thing that it keeps you on your toes... plus, didn't they widen the Severn River Bridge to make more lanes?  I think doing that used up all the elbow room... so instead of having some space on either side, all you have left is something to hit... I bet the accident rate went up after they did that...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#86 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

I always thought it was because people looked at the boats. They're ok Iike, BOATS!!!

#87 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:26 AM

I've only had to drive on the Bay Bridge once. It was in the summer of like '01, but it was a weekday. Didn't get why people get so freaked out.

#88 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

Severn River bridge definitely gets backed up because of the views. It's pretty scenic.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#89 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

What's really fun on the bay bridge is when you end up on the side that sometimes has traffic in both directions.

It's really not bad though. But if you're not a fan of bridges to begin with, I can see the problem.

#90 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,435 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:50 PM

What's really fun on the bay bridge is when you end up on the side that sometimes has traffic in both directions.

It's really not bad though. But if you're not a fan of bridges to begin with, I can see the problem.

Yea it's definitely crazy when that happens.

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#91 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,993 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:27 PM

I always thought it was because people looked at the boats. They're ok Iike, BOATS!!!

I haven't been there in forever... is the view still mostly sailboats, or have the stinkers taken over?

Sailboats are hard to not look at...

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#92 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

I'll be in OC the first week of August. With everyone up in arms over the unusual number of shark attacks and sightings so far this summer on the east coast, my girlfriend says she isn't getting in the water. Guess I'll have to get attacked on my own.

#93 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

I'm going down tomorrow. 

I am sure it will be hella crowded, but I can deal with it.

#94 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,426 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

I'm heading down either Sunday or Monday I think for at least a few days, maybe the whole week.

#95 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:31 AM

I'm in South Bethany now and will be here til Friday. Was at Ocean City Brewing last night for the World Cup and we then went to the boardwalk, where I must admit to feeling out of place at.

#96 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:01 AM

I'm in South Bethany now and will be here til Friday. Was at Ocean City Brewing last night for the World Cup and we then went to the boardwalk, where I must admit to feeling out of place at.

How so?

My experience has always been that there's aaaallllllllllllll sorts of characters on the boardwalk.  Just seems like a strange spot to feel out of place.

#97 glenn__davis

glenn__davis

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:03 AM

I haven't been to OC in the summer in about 15 years.  I like getting in the water and it's just too cold there most of the time.  I'm a total wimp when it comes to cold water.  We're going down for a few days later this month for my mom's birthday so I am looking forward to that.

We like to go down in the offseason though, it has a bit of an eeriness to it with so much closed down.  

#98 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

I am looking to go down there for a weekend and its crazy what people charge for oceanfront rooms.

#99 KWebz

KWebz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

I'll be in OC the first week of August. With everyone up in arms over the unusual number of shark attacks and sightings so far this summer on the east coast, my girlfriend says she isn't getting in the water. Guess I'll have to get attacked on my own.

We saw some Dolphins really close on Tuesday. The worst to happen to me was I stepped on a crab and it pinched me. No sharks.

#100 Bmore Irish

Bmore Irish

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:05 PM

We saw some Dolphins really close on Tuesday. The worst to happen to me was I stepped on a crab and it pinched me. No sharks.

A couple summers ago I was there when the water got cleared because a large shark was swimming along the shore pretty close. It was pretty crazy, crowds of people walking along the beach following it.

I believe that actually happened a week ago with a hammerhead.

Doesn't bother me. I know they're out there, but I don't let it keep me from getting in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=