#41 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

The great thing about OBX is being able to drive on the beach.  That's pretty clutch.

To be able to grill out, drink, etc...No one hassling you, not crowded.

That's money.

#42 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

Has anyone ever rented a boat, or some jet-ski's in the OBX? I usually stay in the Southern Shores area, I'd love to do the Jet-Ski thing at some point.

#43 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

Also, everytime I have been to OBX, the waves have sucked.  I like better waves.

#44 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

The great thing about OBX is being able to drive on the beach.  That's pretty clutch.

To be able to grill out, drink, etc...No one hassling you, not crowded.

That's money.

The 4x4 beaches at OBX are incredible.  I'll never rent a regular house down there again.  Takes a while to get back into town if you need anything, but having a house literally right on the beach is so awesome.

#45 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Also, everytime I have been to OBX, the waves have sucked.  I like better waves.

True, that is underwhelming. A few years ago we went in August, and the water was brutally cold and there were (mostly) dead jellyfish everywhere, it was random and weird as hell. That sucked.

#46 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

You stayed up near like Duck or Corolla didn't you?

We have houses down in Hatteras, the waves are redic (but so are the rip-currents unfortunately).

@JeremyMStrain

#47 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Has anyone ever rented a boat, or some jet-ski's in the OBX? I usually stay in the Southern Shores area, I'd love to do the Jet-Ski thing at some point.

Many of the years we went we'd spend a few hours once or twice during our visit renting jet-skis and playing around in the Sound with 'em.  Lot's of fun and it was pretty cheap, especially if you took a coupon from the countless coupon books there. 

We always stayed up in Duck and there were a handful of places there to rent 'em from and there was also a place to rent 'em right off to the right when you got over the Wright Memorial bridge and got on to the island(s).

And yeah, if you want better waves you usually gotta go farther south like to Hatteras or Avon or the like.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#48 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

The 4x4 beaches at OBX are incredible.  I'll never rent a regular house down there again.  Takes a while to get back into town if you need anything, but having a house literally right on the beach is so awesome.

Up at Corova? Tom Cruise has a house up there. Hard to explain where it is, but I could show you.

Up until all this stupid beach restrictions for the wild life, all the beaches down where we stay were 4x4 allowed too. It was cool driving right out on to the beach, unpacking and setting up for the day. Now you have to pay crazy money for a permit to do it, it sucks.

@JeremyMStrain

#49 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

You stayed up near like Duck or Corolla didn't you?

We have houses down in Hatteras, the waves are redic (but so are the rip-currents unfortunately).

Corolla...That's where the drive on beach is(well, at least one of them..not sure how many there are).

#50 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:10 AM

Up at Corova? Tom Cruise has a house up there. Hard to explain where it is, but I could show you.

Up until all this stupid beach restrictions for the wild life, all the beaches down where we stay were 4x4 allowed too. It was cool driving right out on to the beach, unpacking and setting up for the day. Now you have to pay crazy money for a permit to do it, it sucks.

Yep.

Two of my best friends got married there last June.  They rented the biggest place available (and it's ridiculous, 28 bedrooms) and about 30 of us were there for the entire week.  Then family and those that couldn't get the whole week off came down for the weekend and the actual ceremony.

Easily the most fun week of my life.

#51 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Yep.

Two of my best friends got married there last June.  They rented the biggest place available (and it's ridiculous, 28 bedrooms) and about 30 of us were there for the entire week.  Then family and those that couldn't get the whole week off came down for the weekend and the actual ceremony.

That house is insane!

#52 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yep.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Holy crap.

#53 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

Corolla...That's where the drive on beach is(well, at least one of them..not sure how many there are).

Yeah it's a totally different world if you go south of Nags Head. It's really detached (30 min drive min to get back to real civilization) but the beaches, waves etc. are so much different on that half of the banks.

The top of Corolla is where Corova starts and it's only 4x4 accessible. That's where we used to stay, but then our godmother bought a couple houses in Hatteras and we like it better down there. Down by us MOST of the beaches are 4x4 friendly but like I was saying you have to have permits for a lot of them now, and you can walk out on them easily too.

@JeremyMStrain

#54 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,756 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

That house is insane!

That is absolutely ridiculous. Holy crap.

Yeah, it was freaking amazing.

One night all of us, like 30 of us all in our late 20s, got drunk and played a huge game of sardines.  The whole trip seemed like summer vacation from elementary school except, you know, with booze.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#55 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Yep.

Whoa, that place is out of control. Now I find myself plotting on how to get more families together and rent it next year :)

We were going to do our wedding there, but didn't really like some of the catering options so we switched gears and did vegas. Then the weekend we were going to do it they had a hurricane, so worked out.

@JeremyMStrain

#56 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

we should rent that place for BSL week at OBX!  :D

• BSLChrisStoner, Adam Wolff and BaltBird 24 like this

#57 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,377 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

we should rent that place for BSL week at OBX!  :D

I'm in!

@JeremyMStrain

#58 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,471 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

I'm in!

Me too. Damn that house looks amazesauce.

#59 Hooded Viper

Hooded Viper

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

I have and will always love OC.  My buddy Eric is a partner at The Abby Burger and they just opened a place up by the Crab Bag.  They have great food!  

For watching sports and having a nice drink without a lot of commotion I like Dead Freddies.  For straight up partying I love Fishtails and of course Secrets, though mostly during the day.  Just got back 2 weeks ago and going back in about 10 days.  Can't wait!

#60 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

I have and will always love OC.  My buddy Eric is a partner at The Abby Burger and they just opened a place up by the Crab Bag.  They have great food!  

For watching sports and having a nice drink without a lot of commotion I like Dead Freddies.  For straight up partying I love Fishtails and of course Secrets, though mostly during the day.  Just got back 2 weeks ago and going back in about 10 days.  Can't wait!

Yea, Dead Freddies is nice too...like the outdoor bar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=