Photo

Game of Thrones (Book Discussion With Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1805 replies to this topic

#121 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

I think we'll get Dany kicking Jorah out of her service, they've been setting up the rivalry between he and both Barristan and Daario (seems a bit one-sided from Jorah's perspective). I think we'll see or at least hear about Balon Greyjoy falling off the bridge and then Davos and Melisandre and Stannis talking about "two is not three", but I don't think we'll get all the way to the end of the Purple wedding. It would be a great ending to the season, but I agree with those that think they'll do that early in Season 4. Would be a bit of redemption for fans after the Red Wedding. Also, i didn't realize Joffrey's death was called the Purple Wedding. Is that in the books or just a fan thing. Red Wedding actually is in the books, right?

I think I agree with you Mack. They can also show Nymeria dragging Cat out of the river and the introduction of Cold Hands. Purple wedding is a fan thing, red wedding is a book thing. I like it though.

#122 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Does Ygritte bite it Sunday or will she make it to season 4?

#123 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,379 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

I think she'll make it since season 4 is the 2nd half of the book, then she'll bite it next season in some epic wildlings vs the wall battle.

@JeremyMStrain

#124 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

I think she'll make it since season 4 is the 2nd half of the book, then she'll bite it next season in some epic wildlings vs the wall battle.
I agree that'll be saved for early next season with the big battle at the wall coming later, possibly a bottle episode in episode 9 a la Blackwater?

#125 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

I'm not sure if they even have time to do the other wedding in the last episode. I think it will be a wind-down, catch-up-with-every-storyline episode.

Just some thoughts on the last episode, though much of it's been said already:

- Hound tells Arya they're going to the Eyrie

- Dany banishes Jorah

- Jon Snow warns the Night's Watch of the wildlings coming

- Learn of Greyjoy dying. Stannis/Melisandre "two isn't three"

- And my big guess is that we meet Cold Hands and Bran and the Reeds meet Sam

- And of course, the final scene will be our favorite Theon torture moment.

Not sure what to do with the Lannisters.

Well...not even close haha.

#126 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Was expecting a huge cliff hanger...Didn't get it at all

#127 Tucker Blair

Tucker Blair

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationElkridge, MD

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

I dont even read the books, but I heard about freaking coldhands for like a year.

NONE.

Mildly disappointed.

#128 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

What did they do? Won't be able to watch until Tuesday.

#129 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,238 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Yeah I guess the biggest part was Stannis and Co. saying they'd head North.

Left Cold Hands completely out.

#130 ChaosLex

ChaosLex

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Well, I was wrong about Lady Stoneheart. Color me surprised. 

• BobPhelan likes this
@ChaosLex

Stannis Baratheon: "For the night is dark and full of terrors."

#131 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

Yeah I guess the biggest part was Stannis and Co. saying they'd head North. Left Cold Hands completely out.
I wonder if they held off on Cold Hands to delay revealing that its Benjen Stark. (If it is of course)

#132 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Well, I was wrong about Lady Stoneheart. Color me surprised.

I knew it! :D

#133 Coker

Coker

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

Cold Hands is going to be awesome

#134 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

Just finished watching it. The best part of that episode was the commercials for Eastbound and Down at the end.

Waste of an hour for me
@Miller192

#135 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,883 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

Just finished watching it. The best part of that episode was the commercials for Eastbound and Down at the end.

Waste of an hour for me

If you've read the books and like the show, I don't know how you can have this opinion. In this season in particular, the "finale" isn't going to have some major cliffhanger, since we are really just in the middle of the book, not the end. Not sure what you were expecting, I thought it was really good.

I guess if you really wanted Joffrey to die then that could have happened, but I think it will be more rewarding next season.

I really enjoyed the added scene with Frey and Bolton. Good addition to both flesh out the reasoning for each other actions and give insight into their relationship with the Stark's and Tully's.

#136 Miller192

Miller192

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

If you've read the books and like the show, I don't know how you can have this opinion. In this season in particular, the "finale" isn't going to have some major cliffhanger, since we are really just in the middle of the book, not the end. Not sure what you were expecting, I thought it was really good.

I guess if you really wanted Joffrey to die then that could have happened, but I think it will be more rewarding next season.

I really enjoyed the added scene with Frey and Bolton. Good addition to both flesh out the reasoning for each other actions and give insight into their relationship with the Stark's and Tully's.

So I slept on this opinion and I might have changed my mind somewhat.

If I hadn't read the books, last night's episode would've probably been a great episode.  Things like the Ygritte/Snow interaction and seeing Arya kill a man would've been cool, whereas maybe I glossed over it.  

I think I had myself sold that they were going to reveal Lady Stoneheart, particularly since they opened with the aftermath of the Red Wedding.  I was disapointed that they didn't do that and that would've been a decent cliffhanger.

Also, I would've like to have seen a bigger scene between Tyrion and Sansa when he approaches her with the news of Robb and Catelyn's death.

In all, I think it was a decent episode but I still came away disapointed.

@Miller192

#137 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,883 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

In the books, they don't reveal Lady Stoneheart until the epilogue of Book 3, which really would be the last scene of Season 4, since they are splitting it up like that.  I think we'll see Arya dream of Nymeria pulling Catelyn from the water early in next season (they can play with the timing of how long she is in the water without it being too big of a change), and then I think that Lady Stoneheart will be the final scene of the Season (unless GRRM has told the writers that she just isn't that important, then it may be Tyrion killing Tywin).

The only changes I didn't really like were that we didn't see Coldhands (though as others have hypothesized, if he is going to end up as Benjen, they need to delay that reveal until the book does) and that Bran didn't make Sam promise him that he not reveal him being there to Jon.  It wouldn't make sense for either Sam not to tell Jon once he wakes up or for Jon to decide not to do anything about it (i.e. go look for him).   I suppose they could still have Sam talking with Gilly and they mention Bran making him promise not to say anything.

• BobPhelan likes this

#138 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

They really complicated things by having Jamie get back to KL before the Purple Wedding.

#139 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,883 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

They really complicated things by having Jamie get back to KL before the Purple Wedding.

I don't see it being a major change.  It's not like anyone there can really do anything about it.

#140 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,750 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

I don't see it being a major change.  It's not like anyone there can really do anything about it.

But if Jamie swore an oath to Cat to send Sansa home, wouldn't that be pretty easy to do right now with her just hanging out in Kings Landing.  Certainly makes it easier for Brienne to find her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=