673 replies to this topic

#381 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:55 PM

I’m not throwing dirt on them yet but it wouldn’t be the first time a highly talented team self destructed if it does get to that point.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#382 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:15 AM

http://www.post-gaze...es/201809180117

#383 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:42 AM

Bradshaw is right. Tomlin is a horrible coach. These extreme players coaches all look good when things are going well but the shitbhits the fan they all turn on each other and things spiral. Same thing happened with Carroll

#384 JordanKough

JordanKough

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:50 PM

http://www.post-gaze...es/201809180117

Wow. This is kind of a big deal. Geez. @Tampa would be a devastating loss given the Ravens, Falcons, Bengals follow them on the calendar and TB offense is rolling and Pitt can't stop anyone. 

Also, I want Bell to come back mid-week before the Ravens game and come back for that game. He was sluggish the first quarter of the year last year, too. And it'll be a mess the first game he is back. That'd be welcome at this point, IMO. 

#385 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:29 PM

I think they get their act together eventually, but this week is a big game for them.  Losing to Tampa will really bring out the in house battles.

@mikeghg

#386 Chris B

Chris B

• Moderators
  • 22,235 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:19 PM

I for one am enjoying this Steelers drama

• The Epic likes this

#387 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:26 PM

I for one am enjoying this Steelers drama

Man, who you tellin'!

#388 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:07 PM

I dont think the “drama” will amount to anything.

In fact, it probably makes our game against them that much harder.

#389 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:49 PM

Bradshaw is right. Tomlin is a horrible coach. These extreme players coaches all look good when things are going well but the shitbhits the fan they all turn on each other and things spiral. Same thing happened with Carroll

Horrible is a stretch.  Can say he's too much of a players coach, but horrible?  

Been there since '07. Roster has turned over multiple times. They have had down times / years (where they still finished .500), and rebounded. 

.660 winning %.

Won 10+ games 8 times.

Not doing more in the post-season the last four years with the skill position talent they've had has to be disappointing though.

#390 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:29 PM

Hes been handed tons of talent with a HOF QB his entire run and got lucky he got the shitty Cards team in the SB and Holmes made one of the sickest catches in history

#391 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

Don't count out the Steelers. They will rebound. They might be fighting amongst  themselves but it will bring them together eventually.

#392 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,155 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:40 PM

The Ringer: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL

#393 cprenegade

cprenegade

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:17 AM

I don't think they have ever recovered from the overturned TD against NE last year.   Everything was set up for them.  If they win that game, they host Tennessee and then NE in the AFC championship.  I personally think they would have won both and faced the Eagles in the SB.  Instead they lost home field and their defense never showed up against Jax in a game they thought they would win without a problem.  I think the whole thing has carried over into this year.  They have enough talent offensively, but their defense is terrible.  It is much more terrible than it should be.  I don't know why they didn't get rid of the DC.  They can still rebound, but there are too many distractions going on up there for them to mount a serious SB challenge this year.  I think that window is closing on the Roethlisberger era.  

#394 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:57 AM

I don't think they have ever recovered from the overturned TD against NE last year.   Everything was set up for them.  If they win that game, they host Tennessee and then NE in the AFC championship.  I personally think they would have won both and faced the Eagles in the SB.  Instead they lost home field and their defense never showed up against Jax in a game they thought they would win without a problem.  I think the whole thing has carried over into this year.  They have enough talent offensively, but their defense is terrible.  It is much more terrible than it should be.  I don't know why they didn't get rid of the DC.  They can still rebound, but there are too many distractions going on up there for them to mount a serious SB challenge this year.  I think that window is closing on the Roethlisberger era.  

They would have lost to any playoff team at home outside of the Bills.

And the Patriots would have still smoked them in Pittsburgh too.
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#395 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:55 PM

LeVeon coming back in a few weeks:

http://www.espn.com/...steelers-week-7

#396 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,562 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

Their problems go deeper than just missing Bell.

But this’ll help them for sure.

#397 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:09 AM

It took him a couple of weeks to get going with no camp last year. So we get him here his 2nd game back. We'll see.

#398 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,825 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

I like the little knife twist that Bell is giving the Steelers by coming back during the bye week.  Means he'll get paid that week even though no game.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#399 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

I like the little knife twist that Bell is giving the Steelers by coming back during the bye week.  Means he'll get paid that week even though no game.

Also means he gets that extra week to prepare.  

#400 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,825 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:53 AM

Also means he gets that extra week to prepare.  

Prepare but not necessarily practice.  I don't know if the Steelers typically give their players the week off or if it's a normal week just with no game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=