#421 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

Guys, look out for the Ryan Clark interview. Wow. Dude spilled ALL the tea.

Brown has a $21mm cap hit if traded, but...they might not have a choice.

Yes I saw that. He called this 8 years ago!

#422 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 155,680 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:52 PM

CBS Sports: Antonio Brown has requested trade, has issues with Ben Roethlisberger, Mike Tomlin
https://www.cbssport...er-mike-tomlin/

#423 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

Antonio Brown is sounding more and more like a latter-day version of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. Immensely talented, but kept changing addresses because they wore out their welcomes wherever they went. Sounds like Ryan Clark knew what he was talking about.

Besides the obvious cap problems such a move would cause, the Steelers need to move quickly because Brown is due a $2.5 million roster bonus on the fifth day of the new league year in March. If they simply release him, they could spread the cap burden out over two seasons, but if they're looking to trade, they almost have to do it after June 1 since traded players cannot simply be designated as post-June 1.

The Steelers are between the proverbial rock and a hard place in this instance.

#424 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:25 PM

It's fun to watch it implode but you just know it won't effect them. They'll just draft another WR. 

#425 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:39 PM

They love Washington.

This could easily blow over.

#426 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

Rappaport:

My understanding of the situation surrounding #Steelers WR Antonio Brown: As he exited the field in frustration on Wednesday, he yelled, "I’m done!" Then wondered why they don’t trade him. More venting in anger than anything. He has not made any actual trade request, officially.

#427 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:42 AM

The Raiders have the space and would be perfect to add the circus Brown has become. But any trade would kill the Steelers cap.

#428 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

The Raiders have the space and would be perfect to add the circus Brown has become. But any trade would kill the Steelers cap.

And keeping him may kill the locker room, although I doubt it.  Players will get over it.

However, the guy is obviously a problem, its just a matter of wondering if his talent and production outweighs his attitude.

#429 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:50 PM

Brown calling Ryan Clark an Uncle Tom on Instagram what the hellllllll.

This is all bad. All of it. 

#430 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 04:57 PM

Oh no.

Oh yeah!

• Mike in STL likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#431 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

Loving it Pittsburgh. Keep it up. This whole not keeping your star players happy thing is working out great!

@BSLMikeRandall

#432 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

Why? Because he’s well spoken and intelligent?

I would bet that there are some that feel that’s a bigger slap in the face than the N word.

#433 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,429 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:27 PM

Steeler fan I know on twitter:

I’m done waiting for the Steeler drama to end. Gimme MORE of it, baby. Antonio Brown requesting a trade? Not enough. How about Stephon Tuitt announcing his intention to run for President. Stevan Ridley kidnaps Tom Brady. Randy Fichtner heads a coup in South America. Keep it going
The Rooneys sell the team to Teresa Heinz Kerry. Chris Boswell fights Jeff Reed in a GetGo parking lot. Juju goes on Celebrity Big Brother. David DeCastro throws up on a small child at Kennywood and refuses to apologize. I’m all in
  • DJ MC likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#434 Steve55

Steve55

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

Guess Antonio gets no invites now for playoff preview shows. It would kill him if JuJu did.

#435 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:54 AM

Why? Because he’s well spoken and intelligent?

I would bet that there are some that feel that’s a bigger slap in the face than the N word.

No, because (I assume) he feels that Clark "broke the code"...and apparently he's not alone in this. If you look at Twitter, this is a -very- popular opinion.

#436 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:56 AM

No, because (I assume) he feels that Clark "broke the code"...and apparently he's not alone in this. If you look at Twitter, this is a -very- popular opinion.

Twitter isn’t really the place to go for people who have relevant opinions.

#437 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

Man, that one is tough. While I agree with it to a point, I think once guys are done with their playing career, and they go to the reporting/broadcasting side, that it's fair game, that is their job now and why these companies pay big bucks for recently retired players, cause they have dirt and inside info on current players.

Still a rough situation.

@JeremyMStrain

#438 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:34 AM

Ryan Clark isn't alone in this thinking. Many teammates believe Brown quit on the team and they want him gone. If those players are also black, are they Uncle Tom's too?

I think this is the point where AB needs to start accepting that maybe it's not everyone else, it's him.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#439 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:46 AM

Ryan Clark isn't alone in this thinking. Many teammates believe Brown quit on the team and they want him gone. If those players are also black, are they Uncle Tom's too?

I think this is the point where AB needs to start accepting that maybe it's not everyone else, it's him.

It's interesting that Bell is ready to go play somewhere with AB too. I can absolutely see there being different factions with Ben on one side and other players on another. I don't think this problem is just one player deep, but he's the other big ticket player so he felt like he could go at it.

@JeremyMStrain

#440 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:47 AM

No. I don't think that's the point. People are mad that he shared an anecdote that wasn't supposed to be public knowledge (Clark telling management "You shouldn't pay AB, because you'll create a monster") as an analyst. It's seen as a conflict of interest. It's kinda like when Ray Lewis made those comments about Flacco lacking passion or whatever-it-was (I can't remember) after he retired, or TO's comments about McNabb after he left the team. 

Now, I think AB is completely wrong here because this is the same person that livestreamed their locker room after a win but I GET why he and other people are upset. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=