673 replies to this topic

#341 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,068 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

I think NE is more likely to solve their defensive problems than Pittsburgh is to solve their road problems. Ben also almost never gets through a season healthy, so it's possible he misses time and depending on how much and when, that could be a big problem for Pittsburgh. He also almost always comes back too early and single-handedly loses the first game back for the team. I know injuries have the potential to hurt any team, but Roethlisberger is more susceptible than most, IMO.

#342 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

The NE defense will definitely get better.  But I think Pitt will also get better as the season goes on.  The passing game can be better and the defense will keep improving because of the youth.

#343 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,068 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

Steelers have the easier path to a division title and perhaps a bye.  And getting home playoff games would be huge or their odds of advancing deep.  Which is insane considering how easy the Pats usually have it.  Buffalo and Miami both are 4-2 currently, only a half game back on NE.  I don't expect either to hang around, but the Steelers are already 2 up on the Ravens and 2.5 up on the Bengals plus a head-to-head win over each.  If the Steelers don't implode, it's basically over in the North.

#344 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

12/17 could be the game that locks up HFA throughout the playoffs.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#345 Mark Carver

Mark Carver

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

Mike Tomlin: Steelers won't trade Martavis Bryant, despite his beef

Disgruntled wide receiver Martavis Bryant told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he has "got to move on" at the Oct. 31 trade deadline if the Pittsburgh Steelersdon't want him to contribute to the offense.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, however, said Tuesday that is not going to happen.

http://www.espn.com/...y/_/id/21136844

John Keegan, a renowned British military historian, has called World War II the greatest single event in the history of mankind. - Tom Brokaw, NBC special correspondent and author of "The Greatest Generation"

#346 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

http://www.espn.com/...ing-drug-policy

#347 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:28 PM

Shazier had to have spinal surgery

#348 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,068 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

Sounds like they fused some of his vertebrae together.  No idea how many.  It was spinal cord surgery, unless they are under-reporting it.

Fusing vertebrae sounds like a big deal, but it's also the treatment that can be used for when you have a bulging disc removed, so it's not necessarily something he can't recover from.

Still haven't heard anything regarding his future outlook, which is concerning.  Hopefully the news and prognosis is all positive and they are just being very private.

#349 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,634 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

I'd be shocked if any doctor on the planet said it would be a good idea for him to play football again. 

Unfortunate for sure.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#350 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,357 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

Sports on Earth: Brown Is In a League of his Own

#351 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,544 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:27 PM

Sports on Earth: Brown Is In a League of his Own

Is he ever. Why isn't he the LeBron of the NFL? He's literally insane, and never fails to get his numbers. Fun to watch, wish he were in the NFC.

#352 Dupin

Dupin

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,317 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:34 PM

So, is Ben going to retire?

#353 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

So, is Ben going to retire?

Already said he is coming back.

#354 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

Please. That drama queen needs to STFU.
  • Mike in STL likes this
I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#355 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

That guy is one hell of a QB though. He might be Top 5 of all time. Defintely Top 10.

#356 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61,068 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

That guy is one hell of a QB though. He might be Top 5 of all time. Defintely Top 10.

He's barely top 5 of his generation.  Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees are all clearly better, IMO.  The only debatable one is Brees.

#357 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:07 AM

He's barely top 5 of his generation.  Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees are all clearly better, IMO.  The only debatable one is Brees.

Agreed. Ben is top 10, 12.

#358 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:34 PM

Brees isnt higher. Rodgers is debatable depending on how much you weigh postseason success. Rodgers is more talented. Ill give you that. But even if I put Rodgers in front of him, Montana is the only old school QB IM defintiely putting in front of him. Not Elway, Unitas, Favre, etc. None of those guys are clearly in front of him for me. In fact, I dont think any of them are in front of him but Id listen to a debate. For me he's got a real claim at the 4th or 5th spot on the list and clearly inside the Top 10. There is no way you can list 10 QBs better than him. 

#359 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

Of course not the end all be all, but based on approximate value, Ben is 9th among QBs all time.

https://www.pro-foot...s/av_career.htm

It's also cumulative so the more games you play the higher it will be. Which is why Rodgers is farther back having one year less, plus the first couple years on the bench. Also Montana farther down, figure in all the injuries and the years Steve Young was taking some of his playing time.

I think Brees is ahead of Ben, not much of a debate there. Brees numbers on deep passing and accuracy are pretty rare for what are low percentage plays.  

Funny to see Rivers one spot ahead of Ben on that list. Rivers might be the best QB that hasn't come close to winning anything in a long long time. Dude is quietly a seven time Pro Bowler, has a case for the HOF based on numbers, but hasn't won squat. Maybe it's our east coast bias...and the fact we get stuck watching stupid Dallas and NE or PIT play the 4:00 games every week that he gets easily forgotten.

@BSLMikeRandall

#360 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,676 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Only knock I have against Ben is his home/road splits the last few years. He's a much better QB at home. I am sure that is the case for all the greats but the last 4 or so years he hasn't been good on the road at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=