#2281 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:58 AM

We should all be thrilled that it was just a misunderstanding.

Anyone comparing to Jussie is just purposely being an uninformed a hole. It was widely reported what happened, and there are multiple photos and videos showing this was in Garage #4 back in October the last time the Cup Series raced in Talladega. Not sure if people just think NASCAR races at the same track every week, or this specific garage was "Bubba's permanent garage' or what, but that's just not the case at all, and every story has reported this, so if people just want to be jerks about it, so be it, but they have ZERO credibility.

People comparing it to Smollett are saying they think this is a hoax done by Wallace.

Now, do I believe that? Nah. I think if a publicity stunt was done here, it was by NASCAR, not Wallace.

But is it impossible to think Wallace could be behind it? No, I don’t think so and the Smollett story is a reason why.

The thing is, if you are claiming that is what it is, you also can’t blame the media or NASCAR for “jumping the gun” because that’s exactly what you are doing.

#2282 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:03 AM

People comparing it to Smollett are saying they think this is a hoax done by Wallace.

Now, do I believe that? Nah. I think if a publicity stunt was done here, it was by NASCAR, not Wallace.

But is it impossible to think Wallace could be behind it? No, I don’t think so and the Smollett story is a reason why.

The thing is, if you are claiming that is what it is, you also can’t blame the media or NASCAR for “jumping the gun” because that’s exactly what you are doing.

Anyone who thinks this simply doesn't want to read any actual facts about what happened, and wants to be an a hole. It's just that simple. 

Yes, it's impossible to think that Wallace is behind it if you've paid any attention to the story and the timeline. 

There's no argument to suggest that this wasn't there last October when the #21 car was assigned that garage. The #43 car wasn't there nor had any way of knowing they'd be assigned that Garage 8 months later. It's silly and impossible to suggest otherwise. 

@beginthebegin71

#2283 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:10 AM

Anyone who thinks this simply doesn't want to read any actual facts about what happened, and wants to be an a hole. It's just that simple.

Yes, it's impossible to think that Wallace is behind it if you've paid any attention to the story and the timeline.

There's no argument to suggest that this wasn't there last October when the #21 car was assigned that garage. The #43 car wasn't there nor had any way of knowing they'd be assigned that Garage 8 months later. It's silly and impossible to suggest otherwise.

Well, people are conspiracy theorists though, right?

So, while the story you just told is what the narrative is, I don’t think everyone believes it.

I agree it’s far fetched but I don’t put anything past people anymore. Too many messed up people.

Like I said, I think this is either a NASCAR publicity stunt or it’s not a publicity stunt at all.

But I also don’t buy that this is a strict coincidental thing that occurred. Too many things “went right” for this incident to occur. I just don’t buy that it was an innocent mistake and that no one is to blame.

#2284 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:12 AM

Well, people are conspiracy theorists though, right?

So, while the story you just told is what the narrative is, I don’t think everyone believes it.

I agree it’s far fetched but I don’t put anything past people anymore. Too many messed up people.

Like I said, I think this is either a NASCAR publicity stunt or it’s not a publicity stunt at all.

But I also don’t buy that this is a strict coincidental thing that occurred. Too many things “went right” for this incident to occur. I just don’t buy that it was an innocent mistake and that no one is to blame.

oy. Ok, cool.

@beginthebegin71

#2285 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,477 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:14 AM

Crazy. Walking away from this thread.

#2286 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:16 AM

oy. Ok, cool.

You don’t think it’s all too much of a coincidence and you believe this is all very innocent?

Watching some of the Wallace interviews (especially the one on CNN), I didn’t get the impression he thought this was just a coincidence either.

#2287 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:16 AM

Crazy. Walking away from this thread.

I have to just remember that these are the same people who think the day Barack Obama was born that his parents knew he'd be President one day and created a fake birth certificate so they could fool everyone. 

My late Father always taught me "Consider the Source".

• You Play to Win the Game likes this
@beginthebegin71

#2288 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:22 AM

You don’t think it’s all too much of a coincidence and you believe this is all very innocent?

Watching some of the Wallace interviews (especially the one on CNN), I didn’t get the impression he thought this was just a coincidence either.

Yes, and I can't see any scenario where it wasn't after reading and seeing video and photos of the scene from last October.

And again, it's a GOOD THING that no one put a noose in the #43 garage this weekend. The fact the only black driver wasn't targeted should be a positive. 

@beginthebegin71

#2289 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:27 AM

Yes, and I can't see any scenario where it wasn't after reading and seeing video and photos of the scene from last October.

And again, it's a GOOD THING that no one put a noose in the #43 garage this weekend. The fact the only black driver wasn't targeted should be a positive.

Of course it’s good if it was all innocent. That’s the outcome we want. Of course we don’t want him targeted. I feel like you are trying to argue a point that I’m not making.

I’m just saying that it all seems to coincidental for me to believe that this wasn’t a publicity stunt or a hate crime.

Hopefully I’m wrong and it is just a series of coincidences but I think that’s far fetched.

Put it another way..if I drummed up this exact scenario before it happened and I gave you the 3 choices as to what this was...I don’t think you choose “random coincidences” as the reasoning behind it.

#2290 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:29 AM

Of course it’s good if it was all innocent. That’s the outcome we want.

I’m just saying that it all seems to coincidental for me to believe that this wasn’t a publicity stunt or a hate crime.

Hopefully I’m wrong and it is just a series of coincidences but I think that’s far fetched.

Put it another way..if I drummed you this exact scenario before it happened and I have you 3 choices as to what this was...I don’t think you choose “random coincidences” as the reasoning behind it.

Tell me what you think happened then. 

@beginthebegin71

#2291 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:31 AM

Tell me what you think happened then.

I already said..I think either it was planted on purpose and someone did it maliciously or NASCAR pulled off something for publicity.

Too many things occurred in a few day period for me to think this was all a coincidence.

I still feel Wallace is the victim here..it’s just a matter if he was a victim of hate or for public gain...and I think he believes that too, judging by the Don Lemon interview he did after the FBI results were in.

Again, hopefully I’m wrong..would hate to think a company like nascar would do that and obviously you would hate to think someone is that hateful to do that but we all know that people suck and companies look out for their bottom line more than ethics, so I can’t get either of those scenarios out of my head and assume coincidences.

#2292 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:35 AM

I already said..I think either it was planted on purpose and someone did it maliciously or NASCAR pulled off something for publicity.

Too many things occurred in a few day period for me to think this was all a coincidence.

I still feel Wallace is the victim here..it’s just a matter if he was a victim of hate or for public gain...and I think he believes that too, judging by the Don Lemon interview he did after the FBI results were in.

Again, hopefully I’m wrong..would hate to think a company like nascar would do that and obviously you would hate to think someone is that hateful to do that but we all know that people suck and companies look out for their bottom line more than ethics, so I can’t get either of those scenarios out of my head and assume coincidences.

So you don't think the rope was there in October then. Despite the video and photo evidence that the FBI saw. 

Gotcha.

@beginthebegin71

#2293 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:42 AM

So you don't think the rope was there in October then. Despite the video and photo evidence that the FBI saw.

Gotcha.

I’m saying I think the entire thing is too coincidental.

Each fact on its own could be innocent and true. I’m not disputing that. But you put them all together and there’s just too many coincidences for me to believe that this is all innocent.

I mean, look at everything that occurred.

1) ban of confederate flag
2) people praising nascar
3) the entire nascar drivers behind Wallace picture
4) people saying they are now nascar fans after never seeing the sport
5) Wallace being the only black driver and this noose looking object happens to be in his garage
6) Wallace speaking out on racism in the sport in general and then getting the flag banned

It’s just a lot of things that happened.

Let’s put it this way...NASCaR likely got what they would want out of this scenario, right?

They got more fans and great publicity. A sport that has essentially been driven (figuratively not literally) by southern red necks and likely racist people all of a sudden has a whole new crop of fans from an entirely different demographic than they have had before and that just happened to occur in the midst of civil unrest.

So yes, to me, it’s too much of a coincidence...all the series of events.

But hopefully I’m wrong. Would be great if nascar wasnt that vile and if someone didn’t display that level of hate.

#2294 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:15 PM

Ok, but if the "noose" was there in October like all the video and photo evidence clearly shows, than none of this is more than a misunderstanding. It was there, Wallace wasn't assigned that garage until this past weekend. 

It's just that simple.

@beginthebegin71

#2295 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:26 PM

I’m saying I think the entire thing is too coincidental.

If you're convinced it's not a coincidence, then why do you also think that NASCAR overreacted?  They must have thought the same thing.

#2296 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:26 PM

Rob Long just posted a pic of the rope in question, and...yikes, I'd have thought it was a noose, too.

I might need to rethink my argument here, if that's the actual pic.

#2297 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:28 PM

https://twitter.com/...188868711243777

#2298 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:33 PM

https://twitter.com/...188868711243777

Ok this is getting bad.

#2299 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:35 PM

Rob Long just posted a pic of the rope in question, and...yikes, I'd have thought it was a noose, too.

I might need to rethink my argument here, if that's the actual pic.

It 100% looks like a noose.

No way you can look at it and not think that.

#2300 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:36 PM

If you're convinced it's not a coincidence, then why do you also think that NASCAR overreacted?  They must have thought the same thing.

Not if they are the ones behind it and wanted it as publicity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=