The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:36 PM

It 100% looks like a noose.

No way you can look at it and not think that.

This changes literally everything. 

#2302 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:37 PM

Ok, but if the "noose" was there in October like all the video and photo evidence clearly shows, than none of this is more than a misunderstanding. It was there, Wallace wasn't assigned that garage until this past weekend. 

It's just that simple.

To borrow a line from Lethal Weapon...”it’s just too neat”

#2303 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:39 PM

This changes literally everything. 

Yea but that is the pic we have seen before..it was more from a distance but it has always looked like a noose to me.

What if don’t know is if that is how they are usually tied..is it easier to pull down the garage door with it looped like that?

I have no idea...I’m a total moron when it comes to something like that.

But it’s obvious why Wallace was upset about it.

#2304 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:42 PM

Yea but that is the pic we have seen before..it was more from a distance but it has always looked like a noose to me.

What if don’t know is if that is how they are usually tied..is it easier to pull down the garage door with it looped like that?

I have no idea...I’m a total moron when it comes to something like that.

But it’s obvious why Wallace was upset about it.

But the argument about NASCAR jumping the gun is...like...entirely dissolved here. 

Nobody...I hope...would look at this and not report this immediately.

• SportsGuy likes this

#2305 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:43 PM

But the argument about NASCAR jumping the gun is...like...entirely dissolved here. 

Nobody...I hope...would look at this and not report this immediately.

I think there are multiple discussions with how NASCAR handled this and this is where I agree with Cain.

100% they should have reported it and investigated it. I would hope no one would disagree with that.

#2306 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:55 PM

https://www.espn.com...oncern-was-real

#2307 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:57 PM

https://twitter.com/...2302640129?s=21

#2308 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:29 PM

Do we know exactly how long that rope has been tied like that? I would suspect a lot of other teams in the past have been there and seen it and thought nothing of it. I dont know how often they hold races there but I'm assuming it's not just NASCAR. Wallace getting assigned that garage at this time is an incredibly unfortunate coincidence. Or if you're going down the Rob road, NASCAR or someone at NASCAR knew that rope was tied like that and assigned Wallace the garage for potentially a multitude of different reasons.

#2309 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:48 PM

Do we know exactly how long that rope has been tied like that? I would suspect a lot of other teams in the past have been there and seen it and thought nothing of it. I dont know how often they hold races there but I'm assuming it's not just NASCAR. Wallace getting assigned that garage at this time is an incredibly unfortunate coincidence. Or if you're going down the Rob road,NASCAR or someone at NASCAR knew that rope was tied like that and assigned Wallace the garage for potentially a multitude of different reasons.

I think the latter. 

Given that this was the only noose-shaped pull, that would be an -insane- coincidence. 

#2310 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:52 PM

I think the latter. 

Given that this was the only noose-shaped pull, that would be an -insane- coincidence. 

Yep..that has been my point but for some reason, it has been met by people seemingly upset at it.

I just don’t see how you can view it any other way.

Just way too many coincidences in this case.

#2311 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:21 PM

This article lays out exactly how Wallace got the garage he did.

https://www.washingt...ntaining-noose/

It’s coincidence. Video showed it existed there last year. Point standings determine garage assignments. Covid rules with social distancing place cars of the same owner in adjacent stalls to eliminate as much mingling with other teams as possible. So the #2 in points was actually thee stalls down from the points leader. For this reason, Wallace was given the stall he was.

Now, unless you think NASCAR made the point standings fall in a particular order, fixed races, and wrote Covid rules with the fixed points standings in place, so that Bubba would get the garage that they remember seeing a noose in some time well down the road, just to make a PR stunt and gain black fans.....then it’s coincidence.
  • SBTarheel and Mackus like this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2312 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:24 PM

Yep..that has been my point but for some reason, it has been met by people seemingly upset at it.

I just don’t see how you can view it any other way.

Just way too many coincidences in this case.

I'd have been there too if I thought that it was a normal rope pull (because there were 11 rope pulls, so 11/30 is a lot more likely to be a coincidence than 1/30). One is like John Olerud getting a base hit at his peak. The other is like Ron Herbel getitng a base hit.

https://www.sbnation...ers-of-all-time

But that's a noose.

#2313 Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:24 PM

Not if they are the ones behind it and wanted it as publicity.

But then it wouldn't be an overreaction, it would be part of their genius cover up.

#2314 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:38 PM

It’s coincidence. Video showed it existed there last year. Point standings determine garage assignments. Covid rules with social distancing place cars of the same owner in adjacent stalls to eliminate as much mingling with other teams as possible. So the #2 in points was actually thee stalls down from the points leader. For this reason, Wallace was given the stall he was.

Now, unless you think NASCAR made the point standings fall in a particular order, fixed races, and wrote Covid rules with the fixed points standings in place, so that Bubba would get the garage that they remember seeing a noose in some time well down the road, just to make a PR stunt and gain black fans.....then it’s coincidence.

I didn't read the article but if what you're saying is true that there is a system for each team getting assigned the garage they do then this is an unfortunate coincidence. The good thing is, again if this article is true, we've gotten indisputable evidence and facts here. The rope has been tied like that for no less than 8 months and there is a system in place for assigning garages pre race. I've never really thought NASCAR would be pulling a massive publicity stunt like this or that some rogue NASCAR official would risk not only his job but potentially face jail time to commit a hate crime.

#2315 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:04 PM

I don't currently have a subscription, but they show video of the actual place having the noose back then?

#2316 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:08 PM

There is video of it from last October, and as crazy as it seems, yes, it appears it was just an insane coincidence. 

Just read the article Randall just posted, it's all laid out perfectly, and without any possibility of tin foil hat stuff. 

• Mike in STL likes this
@beginthebegin71

#2317 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:10 PM

Exactly. 

Like Obama's parents and the fake birth certificate since they knew he'd be President one day the instant he was born, and there'd be a nutcase reality show host who was just sure it was a fake! 

@beginthebegin71

#2318 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:13 PM

There is video of it from last October, and as crazy as it seems, yes, it appears it was just an insane coincidence. 

Just read the article Randall just posted, it's all laid out perfectly, and without any possibility of tin foil hat stuff. 

This is...wild. WILD.

This is one of those things where I literally can't blame anyone for their reactions.

Except for the people that think that Bubba planted it himself. That's wackadoodle.

(That's still a noose, though.)

#2319 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:15 PM

I don't currently have a subscription, but they show video of the actual place having the noose back then?

Yep. I don’t know if the video is in the article, but the video is out there from October and it’s clear as day a noose. Hanging in the same spot.
@BSLMikeRandall

#2320 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:17 PM

This is...wild. WILD.

This is one of those things where I literally can't blame anyone for their reactions.

Except for the people that think that Bubba planted it himself. That's wackadoodle.

(That's still a noose, though.)

Correct on every word. 

"Jussie Wallace" is downright offensive and ignorant, but whatever, consider the sources on that. 

I completely get why a crewmember on the #43 team would report to NASCAR, and why they reacted the way they did. We should all just be relieved that it wasn't a personal attack of Bubba. 

But yea, it's a noose. 

@beginthebegin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=