#2321 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:22 PM

And no one, not Wallace, his crew, NASCAR officials, another team member, etc...noticed the noose? So odd. Well, let’s hope that it’s only a coincidence...I just don’t buy it. (Which for some reason is upsetting people, which makes zero sense to me)

https://twitter.com/...1759667201?s=20

Antoine, look at that tweet showing the pics of the noose from before. (In case you hadn’t seen that)

#2322 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:25 PM

And no one, not Wallace, his crew, NASCAR officials, another team member, etc...noticed the noose? So odd. Well, let’s hope that it’s only a coincidence...I just don’t buy it. (Which for some reason is upsetting people, which makes zero sense to me)

Antoine, look at that tweet showing the pics of the noose from before. (In case you hadn’t seen that)

What do you mean no one noticed it? 

No one is "upset", but the facts don't point to any conspiracy (again, read the article Randall just posted), it's all right there, including the method they used to assign the garages. 

• The Epic likes this
@beginthebegin71

#2323 The Epic

The Epic

^^ That's my name. Don't wear it out.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:33 PM

I'm not a conspiracy theorist for the most part. I just usually go by, "What makes the most sense here?" which...would probably be that some guy tastelessly/racistly did this and it just never got noticed because everybody is white. 

But there's absolutely something for the tinfoil hat brigade to chew on here. This is the coincidenciest of coincidences.

And that tweet does NOT help. LOL

#2324 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:34 PM

What do you mean no one noticed it? 

No one is "upset", but the facts don't point to any conspiracy (again, read the article Randall just posted), it's all right there, including the method they used to assign the garages. 

You guys are clearly upset that I have introduced other possibilities. The tone of your posts is pretty obvious.

#2325 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:35 PM

You’re arguing just to argue.
@BSLMikeRandall

#2326 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:38 PM

You guys are clearly upset that I have introduced other possibilities. The tone of your posts is pretty obvious.

I don't mean to come off as upset, I'm not, I promise.

I honestly don't understand how the actual facts can support anything other than a weird coincidence. The FBI came in and figured it out. Does it seem weird, hell yes, but the facts are the facts. Had there been no video from last October, I could see a reason to question it. But with that made very clear, there's just nothing there. 

@beginthebegin71

#2327 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:39 PM

Ok can we put a bow on this?

Like, unless more comes out (I mean the damn FBI is looking at this) this might be the strangest "painless" sports story of 2020.

I'm just glad Bubba is ok, and I'm gonna see if I can catch a NASCAR race on TV this year. Seth, I'm sure Stone will be pleased!

• SBTarheel likes this

#2328 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:41 PM

Ok can we put a bow on this?

Like, unless more comes out (I mean the damn FBI is looking at this) this might be the strangest "painless" sports story of 2020.

I'm just glad Bubba is ok, and I'm gonna see if I can catch a NASCAR race on TV this year. Seth, I'm sure Stone will be pleased!

That's all. There was no specific targeting of Bubba, thankfully, and we move forward. 

Ha. Yea, Stone would be proud!!!  

@beginthebegin71

#2329 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:41 PM

I'm not a conspiracy theorist for the most part. I just usually go by, "What makes the most sense here?" which...would probably be that some guy tastelessly/racistly did this and it just never got noticed because everybody is white. 

But there's absolutely something for the tinfoil hat brigade to chew on here. This is the coincidenciest of coincidences.

And that tweet does NOT help. LOL

I’m not usually into conspiracy theories either...I agree common sense usually prevails.

I just can’t accept all of this and come to the conclusion that it’s an innocent mistake.

I hope it is.

#2330 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:43 PM

I’m not usually into conspiracy theories either...I agree common sense usually prevails.

I just can’t accept all of this and come to the conclusion that it’s an innocent mistake.

I hope it is.

Then explain why the noose was there in October, and Wallace was assigned that garage based on standings after 10 races. 

If you can explain those two things away, I'll happily listen. 

@beginthebegin71

#2331 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,973 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:56 PM

I don't think there was anything nefarious done here by anyone. I think people are understandably hyper sensitive about anything that could be perceived to be racist.

#2332 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:09 PM

Then explain why the noose was there in October, and Wallace was assigned that garage based on standings after 10 races. 

If you can explain those two things away, I'll happily listen. 

I don’t know. We know it was tied like that in October of 2019. Do we know it was tied like that in April of 2020? (Just making that up obviously)

And even if both of those things are true, I still feel something else could have occurred to where this became a publicity stunt on the part of NASCAR.

I just can’t wrap my head around this many coincidences and believe in people that much.

Those are 2 big things that are being combined here and they are causing me to be skeptical and a cynic about it.

#2333 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:19 PM

I don’t know. We know it was tied like that in October of 2019. Do we know it was tied like that in April of 2020? (Just making that up obviously)

And even if both of those things are true, I still feel something else could have occurred to where this became a publicity stunt on the part of NASCAR.

I just can’t wrap my head around this many coincidences and believe in people that much.

Those are 2 big things that are being combined here and they are causing me to be skeptical and a cynic about it.

Yes, multiple video and photo angles have shown this. 

Combined that with the Fact that Wallace was given this garage because of his current place in the standings, I can't see how NASCAR could have made that happen. 

It doesn't really matter in the big picture, the FBI investigated and no hate crime was committed, and that's really all I care about. If it turns out that somehow NASCAR set it up back in October, the fact that it wasn't a hate crime is still the most important thing. 

@beginthebegin71

#2334 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:25 PM

Yes, multiple video and photo angles have shown this.

Combined that with the Fact that Wallace was given this garage because of his current place in the standings, I can't see how NASCAR could have made that happen.

It doesn't really matter in the big picture, the FBI investigated and no hate crime was committed, and that's really all I care about. If it turns out that somehow NASCAR set it up back in October, the fact that it wasn't a hate crime is still the most important thing.

I know it was like that in October but again, was it like that a month ago, for example?

Basically, could it have been untied and then tied again? I don’t know. I don’t know anything about how that stuff is done in the sport or in a garage in general.

I do think it’s more unlikely that it’s a hate crime with that evidence though, which as you said, is what is important.

#2335 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:28 PM

JnnfCPI.jpg

• SportsGuy likes this
@BSLMikeRandall

#2336 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,737 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:33 PM

Agree with this completely. I'm a longtime fan of his.

But "It's a business, it's not open mic night" was a REALLY dumb thing to say considering some of the people he's given podcasts to.

You mean like his daughter?

#2337 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:39 PM

You mean like his daughter?

Exactly. His Daughter, Joe House, and his Dad might have had one for a bit too if I recall. 

I'm a big fan, but that quote was beyond tone deaf. 

@beginthebegin71

#2338 The Epic

The Epic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,147 posts
  • LocationGlyndon, MD

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:07 PM

Bill clarified his comments on his latest BS podcast.

It...still does not look good. 

They gotta do something.

#2339 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:15 PM

Bill clarified his comments on his latest BS podcast.

It...still does not look good. 

They gotta do something.

What did he have to walk back? I only listen to "The Rewatchables" sometimes. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#2340 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:40 PM

I have no idea what Simmons has done or said but him being in trouble for more of his stupidity is pretty awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=