#81 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

I remember Rex Grossman's "half-game" penalty against the Terps in the Orange Bowl. That was fun.

@DJ_McCann

#82 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

All NCAA Athletes Violate Bylaw 12.5.2.1

@DJ_McCann

#83 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

All NCAA Athletes Violate Bylaw 12.5.2.1

Because the NCAA has no evidence that Manziel actually received money for the thousands of autographs he signed for a few professional memorabilia dealers, it’s clear he’s being punished under the portion of subsection (a) that declares ineligible a student-athlete who “permits the use of his or her name or picture to advertise, recommend or promote directly the sale or use of a commercial product or service of any kind.”

The problem for the NCAA is that every student-athlete is in violation of bylaw 12.5.2.1 simply by willingly participating in college athletics.

This x a billion.  If Johnny didn't get paid for his autograph (or if the NCAA couldn't prove it) he really shouldn't have been suspended at all, in my opinion.  But this whole "violating the spirit of the rule" nonsense?   Really? 

I mean, yeah, I guess the NCAA should get a quasi-pat-on-the-back for not completely mucking this up.  But if they had no evidence, just let him play.

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#84 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Seriously, is this guy for real?

What an ass.

@beginthebegin71

#85 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Seriously, is this guy for real?

What an ass.

He kind of reminds me of Bryce Harper. He needs to turn the other cheek, take the high road, or whatever other cliche I've neglected. He's going to have a target on his back wherever he goes. 

@levineps

#86 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

He kind of reminds me of Bryce Harper. He needs to turn the other cheek, take the high road, or whatever other cliche I've neglected. He's going to have a target on his back wherever he goes. 

The money gestures, ignoring his coach, it's absurd.

Bench him.

@beginthebegin71

#87 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Bench him.

Yep, his actions were beyond pathetic yesterday. Absolutely inexcusable. 

A friend asked me today, at what point will T A&M stop putting up with his antics, even at the expense of wins...

I said, never. 

Welcome to the NFL D-League... College football. It's sad, because Texas A&M usually doesn't recruit those types.

#88 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

A friend asked me today, at what point will T A&M stop putting up with his antics, even at the expense of wins...

I said, never. 

Welcome to the NFL D-League... College football. It's sad, because Texas A&M usually doesn't recruit those types.

It doesn't look to me like Coach Sumlin will put up with that crap. He seems like a no nonsense kind of guy. We'll see.

@beginthebegin71

#89 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

I said, never. 

We're basically on the same page on these character issues. If you're good enough short of committing murder, you'll find your way on the roster.

Kevin Sumlin is in a pretty much no-win situation here once they get into league play if his antics continue. If he doesn't do anything, he's holding him to a different standard. If he suspends him, it costs them games.

College football is pretty much the D-League, it's the de facto farm system of the NFL.

@levineps

#90 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Bench him.

I said, never. 

More like when will some walk on defensive end who is never going tonplay after college get sick of him and go low breaking both his legs. Smart QBs keep from making the defense too mad since the price for ending a qb career is 15 yards and maybe a suspension.
@JeremyMStrain

#91 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

More like when will some walk on defensive end who is never going tonplay after college get sick of him and go low breaking both his legs. Smart QBs keep from making the defense too mad since the price for ending a qb career is 15 yards and maybe a suspension.

That guy would get death threats, might sound good in the abstract but they'd be hiring security guards/changing their identity.

@levineps

#92 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

I don't know their schedule, but Sumlin should sit him against a cupcake team early in the season. I'm sure in the next few weeks there's a home game against someone awful..

@beginthebegin71

#93 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

I don't know their schedule, but Sumlin should sit him against a cupcake team early in the season. I'm sure in the next few weeks there's a home game against someone awful..

I believe they play one next week. But he'll get criticized for it being "meaningless."

@levineps

#94 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

I believe they play one next week. But he'll get criticized for it being "meaningless."

Yea, like you said, no win situation.

@beginthebegin71

#95 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,538 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

It doesn't look to me like Coach Sumlin will put up with that crap. He seems like a no nonsense kind of guy. We'll see.

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. 

Whether or not Sumlin wants to put up with it, or has to are two separate issues. He absolutely will put up with it. That's just the business of "college" athletics now days. It is what it is. 

Like you and Madison have summed up nicely, he's in a no-win situation here, and might personally prefer to sit him, but may not even have the autonomy to do so. Who knows.

#96 bnickle

bnickle

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,177 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

What an assclown. Single handidly making me root for an Alabama ass whooping and I hate Alabama. Hell, I'm not a CFF fan in general.

All this crap from a pampered 20 yr old kid who likely wont amount to anything at the next level. God, just get the drama of the next year or two over already and let him move on to irrelevancy at the next level.

• You Play to Win the Game likes this

#97 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Besides sticking up for himself yesterday, what did he do wrong exactly?

@fuzydunlop

#98 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

The money gestures were bad, the pointing to the scoreboard not as bad, but what got me was when his coach was clearly angry with him, he just walked by him like he wasn't even there. I think that's what pissed Sumlin off more than anything. Just genuine disrespect for everyone on the field it seemed like.

@beginthebegin71

#99 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Sometimes you just have to look the other way and be the "bigger one" in addition to what Seth is saying. it's not fair I get that, but it's not likely going get better for him unless he has an attitude adjustment.

@levineps

#100 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

If Manziel played at Alabama he'd have Nick Saban licking his shoes. Nothing's gonna happen.

@DJ_McCann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=