#121 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Wouldn't the problem there be with said alumni?
From a chemistry/respect standpoint it's hard enough for a young QB to lead a huddle as it is, then if you add some ill-will between them over something like that (players get real sensitive about their alma maters) it could make things much harder. I had never really thought much of it, because I'm of the you are being paid to be professional, so while on the clock, act like it school of thought, BUT with RG3 last year here in WAS, a good point was brought up all season that the vets on the team took to him right away and they respected him because he was very much about being professional, leading the team, and not about personal statistics or draft status. His OL and WR said all season it was so rare to see such a young QB be so willing to listen to his guys, never think he's better than anyone and be all about getting better that by the time the regular season started they had all bought in to him 100% and voted him a captain. I imagine some guys around the league have had troubles with that, and it might help explain why some college QB look like stars in the NFL and fall flat on their face. I dunno for sure, I just think that the NFL QB is the highest profile job in sports and make up and attitude affect it more than others.
This whole post is the crux of the issue. Most people believe he needs to modify his behavior with the thought of successful NFL QB as the driver for every decision. Because that's his meal ticket. All of us regular schmoes would do anything and everything to accomplish being that guy. He obviously doesn't see it that way. Cause he 20 and comes from means. He has no motivation to keep that ultimate goal mind every second of the day. He's behaving like a sophomore. Which is exactly who he is. Stop watching ESPN and this goes away.

@fuzydunlop

#122 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

It means that you are immune to logic on the moral issues. I'm not going to waste my time trying to get through to you.
Why don't you just say that instead of resorting to namecalling? Makes you look small when you have to use such a tactic.
The assumption that I was name calling is your fault, not mine. Simply trying to make a point. I appreciate your consistently pious attitude though. Keep on truckin.

@fuzydunlop

#123 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

The assumption that I was name calling is your fault, not mine. Simply trying to make a point. I appreciate your consistently pious attitude though. Keep on truckin.

I know you never think you're wrong. :lol:

@levineps

#124 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

I was more surprised at the disrespect he showed his coach. Turns out he's always done the "money" thing. In fact, he's doing it in his twitter avatar as it's been pointed out to me. So whatever on that one..

@beginthebegin71

#125 Pedro Cerrano

Pedro Cerrano

I Miss McNulty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,610 posts
  • LocationEllicott City, MD

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

Holy e-peen!!
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

There is baseball, and occasionally there are other things of note

"Now OPS sucks.  Got it."

"Making his own olive brine is peak Mackus."

"I'm too hungover to watch a loss." - McNulty

@bopper33

#126 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

This whole post is the crux of the issue. Most people believe he needs to modify his behavior with the thought of successful NFL QB as the driver for every decision. Because that's his meal ticket. All of us regular schmoes would do anything and everything to accomplish being that guy. He obviously doesn't see it that way. Cause he 20 and comes from means. He has no motivation to keep that ultimate goal mind every second of the day. He's behaving like a sophomore. Which is exactly who he is. Stop watching ESPN and this goes away.

I think you need to stop making assumptions. I don't think that he needs to modify his behavior to become a successful NFL, I think it would help though. I don't agree with you that his approach is OK because it's what the typical 20 year old does. It's just not really relevant to compare to him to the typical 20 year old. The typical 20 year isn't being scouted by NFL teams.

@levineps

#127 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

I was more surprised at the disrespect he showed his coach. Turns out he's always done the "money" thing. In fact, he's doing it in his twitter avatar as it's been pointed out to me. So whatever on that one..

The typical 20 year old disrespects his coach though, so it's completely acceptable.

@levineps

#128 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

y6y9ahap.jpg
  • You Play to Win the Game likes this

@fuzydunlop

#129 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

y6y9ahap.jpg

Jesus.

@beginthebegin71

#130 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

I think you need to stop making assumptions. I don't think that he needs to modify his behavior to become a successful NFL, I think it would help though. I don't agree with you that his approach is OK because it's what the typical 20 year old does. It's just not really relevant to compare to him to the typical 20 year old. The typical 20 year isn't being scouted by NFL teams.
Wasn't talking to you, and who has the reading comprehension problem now?

@fuzydunlop

#131 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts
  • LocationIn-N-Out Sucks, CA

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

y6y9ahap.jpg

Check and mate.

• McNulty likes this

Lemme get two claps and a Ric Flair

#132 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Wasn't talking to you, and who has the reading comprehension problem now?

Thanks for telling me when I can and can't respond.

@levineps

#133 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Flacco on Manziel, "He's quickly becoming my favorite player in college football."

#134 McNulty

McNulty

la cerveza está muy fría

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,670 posts
  • LocationBS

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

KVV says it better than anyone else, as per usual.

http://t.co/QF8aOlft2g

• BSLChrisStoner and FlavaDave10 like this

@fuzydunlop

#135 Markus

Markus

The Great Cornholio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,363 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

CBS to use "Johnny Cam" to track Johnny Manziel against Alabama

Have we reached the point of oversaturation with Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel? CBS certainly doesn't think so.

Alabama's visit to A&M on Saturday is the network's first SEC broadcast of the season and for what could be the biggest game of the college football regular season, there will be "Johnny Cam," a camera isolated on the Heisman Trophy winning quarterback.

"No matter where he is and no matter what part of the game it is, we will have a shot of it," said Craig Silver, the coordinating producer of college football for CBS Sports. "If he is anywhere in sight of that camera, we will catch it."

Sigh.

#136 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

CBS to use "Johnny Cam" to track Johnny Manziel against Alabama

Sigh.

Deadspin had a version where the CBS guy invoked the sainted name of the Holy One, saying that they have experience with this after three years of covering Tebow.

@DJ_McCann

#137 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Because ya know, my primary thought while watching Texas A&M's first 2 games was, 'Nice broadcast, but they barely even showed the Manziel kid.'

Good riddance.

@AdamWolff

#138 Adam Wolff

Adam Wolff

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,294 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

This was the best thing I'll read today.

COLLEGE STATION, TX – In a statement released on Monday, the NCAA announced that it is investigating Heisman-winning quarterback Johnny Manziel for allegedly appearing in an enormously profitable football broadcast.

According to the statement, the reigning Heisman winner used his name and persona to lure viewers to Saturday afternoon’s game between No. 1 Alabama and No. 6 Texas A&M, a broadcast that earned the highest ratings for a CBS regular season college football game in 23 years.

http://jukeleft.com/...ball-broadcast/

• Oriole85, FlavaDave10 and Markus like this

@AdamWolff

#139 Oriole85

Oriole85

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

This was the best thing I'll read today.

http://jukeleft.com/...ball-broadcast/

No matter where you stand on the pay for play debate, that's funny!

• Adam Wolff likes this
@levineps

#140 FlavaDave10

FlavaDave10

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationBalmer

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

People love to judge. Everyone bashing the kid, but you truly have no idea what's its like for him.

Normally I would agree with you, but his attitude is a HUGE red flag. Your QB is supposed to be a team leader. Do team leaders go around conducting themselves like Manziel does? No. 

"We're not going to be f***ing suck this year" - Alex Ovechkin

@BaltimoreDavey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=