#101 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,563 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

Yeah, it would be fine to keep Hardy for 3B in the future. I just don't see any logic at all in moving him there now.

Yeah I was spitballing thinking that next year he'd have to move right about this time of year anyway, so maybe the tradeoff of offense to defense was worth it as bad as it's been this season.

I don't even get how that's the tradeoff you thought of, though.

It's way easier to move Andino to 3rd instead of SS imo, and I think it would be more effective, and it wouldn't tick off one of the better players on the team.
  • BSLChrisStoner likes this

#102 Tyler Bingaman

Tyler Bingaman
  • Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

3,019 career PA
1,000 career K's

:(
@bings012

#103 RShack

RShack

Fair-weather ex-diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,999 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

3,019 career PA
1,000 career K's

:(

Career .331 OBP, .809 OPS... full season average of 35 dingers, 96 RBI

"The only change is that baseball has turned Paige from a second-class citizen to a second-class immortal." - Satchel Paige

#104 Tyler Bingaman

Tyler Bingaman
  • Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWaynesboro, PA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

:D
@bings012

#105 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

:D

Yeah, that turned your frown upside-down pretty quick, huh? ;)

#106 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,081 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

Reynolds is one of my favorite players. I understand the reasons alot of people don't like him but I'll follow his career wherever he goes. When he gets a hold of one its a thing of beauty.

#107 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

Been saying that he is locked in. This team needs his bat and OBP.

#108 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,825 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Been saying that he is locked in. This team needs his bat and OBP.

I agree, he is clearly seeing more pitches with each at bat, and I think we are going to see a hot streak. I am not one for predictions, but I expect Reynolds to visit the green Monster in the Boston series at least once.
@mikeghg

#109 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 158,120 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

Was 0 for his last 12 prior to the Pittsburgh series. Has had back-to-back 2 hit nights, with a HR, and a double.

His OPS has moved to .744.

When he got back from the DL, I did not expect him to go back to getting regular time at 3rd. I'm surprised he's not playing there at all though.

Current roster probably makes more sense with Reynolds at 3rd. My sense is that Showalter wants to get his bat going, and doesn't want Reynolds thinking about the field.

#110 Bosibus

Bosibus
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

If Reynolds starts coming back to his norm offensively, I would like to see him at 3B again. As the overall player, I think he is the best option at 3B. I still can't seem to understand how he cut weight to become a "better" 3B but seems to have lost it defensively. I tend to believe some of it may be mental and the mistakes starting to compound. I agree with Stoner in that, get his bat going (which it seems to have a bit) and slowly ease him back into 3B if Buck seems to think he can again.

#111 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,435 posts
  • LocationFormerly known as allstar1579

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

If Reynolds starts coming back to his norm offensively, I would like to see him at 3B again. As the overall player, I think he is the best option at 3B. I still can't seem to understand how he cut weight to become a "better" 3B but seems to have lost it defensively. I tend to believe some of it may be mental and the mistakes starting to compound. I agree with Stoner in that, get his bat going (which it seems to have a bit) and slowly ease him back into 3B if Buck seems to think he can again.

Gotta wonder if he's hitting better because it's just one of his "ups" or if it's because he's not at 3B.
@JeremyMStrain

#112 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

I think it's all mental. He just isn't some poor athlete, with bad range, etc....he is just really over thinking IMO.

#113 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,563 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

If he and Wieters continue to heat up, and with Davis tearing it up, that's a very good middle of the lineup with Jones mixed in there.

#114 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62,944 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

If he and Wieters continue to heat up, and with Davis tearing it up, that's a very good middle of the lineup with Jones mixed in there.

Wieters and Reynolds heating up (and Jones and Davis continuing to mash) really is making up for Markakis being out of the lineup. Definitely just what the team needed.

#115 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,081 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

Batting .329/.446/.631 since May 1st.

#116 SportsGuy

SportsGuy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91,979 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

I see Davis is starting in the OF tonight. Seems to me thAt Reynolds would make more sense.

#117 DJ MC

DJ MC

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,680 posts
  • LocationBeautiful Bel Air, MD

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

I see Davis is starting in the OF tonight. Seems to me thAt Reynolds would make more sense.

Davis has played there before, though. So Buck thinking outside the box and putting Reynolds there just won't happen.

#118 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

Davis has played there before, though. So Buck thinking outside the box and putting Reynolds there just won't happen.

He's only played 2 games in the OF in his career, back in the minors.

Think he's just trying different things to figure out how to keep everyone in the lineup long term.
@JeremyMStrain

#119 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 15,081 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

Can't wait until we get Markakis back...

Davis - DH
Reynolds - 1B
Andino/Betemit platoon (I guess?) - 3B just trade for someone...

#120 JeremyStrain

JeremyStrain

• Moderators
  • 13,435 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

He's only played 2 games in the OF in his career, back in the minors.

Think he's just trying different things to figure out how to keep everyone in the lineup long term.

Apparently Buck was going to play him in LF, but because BMat is starting, the Braves would go real RH heavy who would pull more balls to LF, so he put him in RF where there shouldn't be as much action.
@JeremyMStrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=