#182 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 31 August 2020 - 10:43 AM

Hope Manny, Kirby, Dickerson, and Flaherty get their rings this year! 

• Mike B likes this
@beginthebegin71

#183 NickStevens

NickStevens

HOF

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA but the 757 is home

Posted 31 August 2020 - 10:46 AM

With Arias and Miller off to Cleveland, could mean Lindor is gone. Funny to now see all of these guys join Brad Hand, Franmil Reyes, Adam Cimber, and Phil Maton in Cleveland. 

• SBTarheel likes this
@NickStevensR on Twitter.
Follow BSL's Orioles Minor League podcast on Twitter @BSLOnTheVerge and follow us on Facebook and Instagram! Just search BSL On The Verge!

#184 Mike in STL

Mike in STL

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,346 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:07 AM

Do the Padres have a farm system left? Man, going all in! I love seeing a team with balls. 

@BSLMikeRandall

#185 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,592 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:14 AM

Do the Padres have a farm system left? Man, going all in! I love seeing a team with balls.

That’s the crazy thing, they’ve barely touched their top ten. Kept everyone in their top 5 or 6.
  • Mike in STL likes this

#186 NickStevens

NickStevens

HOF

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:15 AM

They only traded 2 of their Top 10 prospects. 

Gore, Patino, Campusano, Weathers, Abrams, Hassell, Morejon are all still in the system. 

If Preller wants Gallo and another pitcher, he won't have any issues.

Follow BSL's Orioles Minor League podcast on Twitter @BSLOnTheVerge and follow us on Facebook and Instagram! Just search BSL On The Verge!

#187 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:23 AM

The Padres are going for it.  They must think they can beat the Dodgers in a 7 game series.  

They gave up good prospects, but Preller has to be very popular with his club house now.

They are the 4 seed right now.

I also think the Indians have had enough of Clevinger.

@mikeghg

#188 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:25 AM

Padres with a 7-player and seperate 9-player deal in the same 48 hours.  Nice.

If they pull off a 4-team trade, I may become a fan. (already a fan of the weather)

#189 Mike B

Mike B

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,633 posts
  • LocationTowson Md.

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:25 AM

The Pads were also in talks about Gallo and Lance Lynn too.

@mikeghg

#190 SBTarheel

SBTarheel

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,851 posts
  • LocationEldersburg, Md

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:27 AM

The Padres are going for it.  They must think they can beat the Dodgers in a 7 game series.  

They gave up good prospects, but Preller has to be very popular with his club house now.

They are the 4 seed right now.

They were not going to let Clevinger and Plesac be  in the same clubhouse again,that's for sure. 

Now they'll bring Plesac back up.

@beginthebegin71

#191 dude

dude

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts
  • LocationColumbus, GA

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:28 AM

Clevinger was going somewhere, the only question was where and for what.  They sort of needed to bring him back to show he's not 'in the doghouse' at the alternate camp.  You bring him back to show you can/will play him.

IF you track the layering of these deals, you can see Preller has likely been lining things up with multiple teams to achieve some specific things.  He needs to get X because he's got Y (and Z, AA, BB, CC, DD) going somewhere else.

They still need another RP or 2.

#192 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:25 AM

The Ringer: The Padres Won the MLB Trade Deadline by Not Risking Much at All

The Ringer: The Padres GM Just Had an Unprecedented Trade Deadline

#193 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 01 September 2020 - 12:01 PM

It's really fun how you could pretty easily argue they were the most irrelevant team in baseball for the past two decades and now they're the most talked about team in the league 

she/her

#194 SouthRider

SouthRider

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 726 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:17 PM

I don't get the Padres giving up so much of their farm system in a year which will have a big ol asterisk on it.   I know their system is  loaded; but man, it seems like a lot.   I guess I'll start paying attention to them. 

#195 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:24 PM

I don't get the Padres giving up so much of their farm system in a year which will have a big ol asterisk on it.   I know their system is  loaded; but man, it seems like a lot.   I guess I'll start paying attention to them. 

I think not making the playoffs since 2006 has a lot to do with it. I bet their fans are happy to see them go for it like this. As for the asterisk, a title is a title, every team had the same circumstances this year. I don't think their worried about that. But I do agree with you, I'm not sure it's sound LT judgement to give away so many legit prospects.

#196 NickStevens

NickStevens

HOF

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:33 PM

They really gave up nothing. Middle infield and outfield prospects are blocked and have major question marks and all of their active roster spare parts. Most of the players they acquired have multiple years of control. The Padres are set up for a very long time and their top 7-8 prospects are still in the system. Preller might have done some questionable things in the past (and super illegal) but he's put together a great model here.

• BobPhelan and Chris B like this

#197 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,482 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:40 PM

They really gave up nothing. Middle infield and outfield prospects are blocked and have major question marks and all of their active roster spare parts. Most of the players they acquired have multiple years of control. The Padres are set up for a very long time and their top 7-8 prospects are still in the system. Preller might have done some questionable things in the past (and super illegal) but he's put together a great model here.

Sounds like those trades the Braves always used to make. Guys who are on lists, but whom they've evaluated as not likely to pan out. Very rarely did a team get something truly useful back in an Atlanta trade.

#198 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:42 AM

Broken finger likely to sideline Hosmer 2-3 weeks

#199 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,157 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 07:49 PM

ESPN: How can the San Diego Padres take next step and push past the Los Angeles Dodgers?
https://www.espn.com...angeles-dodgers

#200 BSLRoseKatz

BSLRoseKatz

BSL Analyst

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 27 December 2020 - 11:18 PM

BREAKING: The San Diego Padres are finalizing a trade to acquire former Cy Young winner Blake Snell from the Tampa Bay Rays for prospects.

https://twitter.com/...410515687714817

she/her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=