1320 replies to this topic

#1261 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,306 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:55 AM

Youre looking for a specific egregious act which again, I agree it was bad and illegal. Just off the top of of my head youve got instances like Paul Daley punching Koschek after the fight. Khabib not releasing the submission on Connor right away and going into the stands, the one dude who always holds leg locks for extra time after the ref tells him to release. Literally off the top of my head of fighters in the moment not beimg able to control themselves.

#1262 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 08 March 2021 - 11:51 AM

Youre looking for a specific egregious act which again, I agree it was bad and illegal. Just off the top of of my head youve got instances like Paul Daley punching Koschek after the fight. Khabib not releasing the submission on Connor right away and going into the stands, the one dude who always holds leg locks for extra time after the ref tells him to release. Literally off the top of my head of fighters in the moment not beimg able to control themselves.

Literally off the top of your head a day and a half later lol. 

Also only specific examples of stuff after the fight has been called.

But sure, stick with the logic of it can't be easy to not do something that fighters almost never do. 

#1263 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,306 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 12:08 PM

Lol. Good talk. Im reminded why it'll never be worth the hassle. You take the last word. Its an mweb staple.

#1264 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:29 PM

Lol. Good talk. Im reminded why it'll never be worth the hassle. You take the last word. Its an mweb staple.

This is about the response I'd expect from someone that got logically destroyed while trying to excuse a horrible action with some added victim blaming to boot.

#1265 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:34 PM

I'm excited that I learned a fun new tactic from this though. Now I know that if I'm asked a question and can't think of a decent response, I can come back many hours later with an improved but still insufficient answer, but add the caveat that it's off the top of my head. I'll have to remember that one lol.

#1266 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,306 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 01:58 PM

Hahahahahaha. Never change my guy.

#1267 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:19 PM

Hahahahahaha. Never change my guy.

It's good to see you have returned to your old ways of resorting to this crap since you can't win an argument. 

#1268 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,514 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:24 PM

Haa, this has been adorable.

#1269 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,306 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:37 PM

Haa, this has been adorable.

Exhausting

#1270 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 03:03 PM

Exhausting

Still tired from this day and a half process of coming up with off the top of your head examples? 

#1271 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 14 March 2021 - 10:58 AM

Another bad illegal knee to a downed opponent last night. This time the fight resulted in a no decision. Erik Anders vs Darren Stewart.

#1272 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,382 posts

Posted 14 March 2021 - 11:15 AM

Another bad illegal knee to a downed opponent last night. This time the fight resulted in a no decision. Erik Anders vs Darren Stewart.

This one is bad. This is a much better example than the Jones' one, although still not quite as bad as Yan imo.

• BobPhelan likes this

#1273 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 07:21 AM

CBS Sports: UFC 260 predictions -- Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou: Fight card, odds, expert picks, prelims
https://www.cbssport...-picks-prelims/

#1274 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,306 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 01:19 AM

Ngannou is the scariest man in combat sports since Tyson. Puts the fear of God into his opponents with that power.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1275 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 08:36 AM

ESPN: The Reign of Kamaru Usman

https://www.espn.com...gn-kamaru-usman

#1276 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,279 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 08:32 AM

CBS Sports: UFC 261 predictions -- Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal: Fight card, odds, expert picks, prelims

https://www.cbssport...-picks-prelims/

#1277 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,615 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 April 2021 - 10:42 PM

Chris Weidman... oof man, what painful irony

#1278 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,306 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 11:05 PM

Thats so brutal. Have always been a Weidman fan. Hope he makes a full, healthy, recovery. Crazy irony btw.

#1279 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 11:16 PM

This one is bad. This is a much better example than the Jones' one, although still not quite as bad as Yan imo.

Just got caught up on the Convo about Yan. Have to agree Yan deserved to lose, and get suspended for that. Pretty bad. He was frustrated and Sterling was for sure using a Loophole in the rules for protection. Doesn't give Yan the right to blatantly break a rule and potentially seriously injure a guy.

With that said, not the worst I've personally seen. Watch Rousimar Palhares. Guy would get submissions locked in and wouldn't let go for 10 to 15 seconds after a guy tapped. On one occasion he held the lock and even twisted even more with his leg lock, had to be drug off by the ref. From what I remember Dana banned him from the UFC, he went to WSOF and did the same crap and got banned from them. Pretty much has been blackballed by every major MMA promotion.

And as for tonight, THUG ROSE!!!! She was told she didn't stand a chance against Joanna and she KO'd her to become champion. Then they told her Weili was going to run through her and she did it again.

#1280 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 11:17 PM

Also, Usman is a monster. I want to see him fight the Stylebender.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=