1320 replies to this topic

#1281 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 11:26 PM

Two exciting finishes to end the night. Have never been a Usman fan but he deserves respect. Of course, Masvidal didn't deserve two title fights in a row. Know the first was short notice but still.

#1282 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 11:31 PM

Usman has cleared out the division. Outside of Khabib coming back to challenge him nothing is that intriguing. Think you have to do Covington-Edwards and let the winner get another shot at him.

#1283 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,356 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 25 April 2021 - 12:00 AM

Crazy card! I wonder how this main card stacks up historically in terms of time of fighting because this was quite light on that front.

It really sucks that two of the fights ended the way they did, but otherwise, there were for sure some moments.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1284 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,564 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 25 April 2021 - 06:55 AM

Usman has cleared out the division. Outside of Khabib coming back to challenge him nothing is that intriguing. Think you have to do Covington-Edwards and let the winner get another shot at him.

Doesn’t Edwards have a win over him?

I don’t expect him to lose to either but I think you do Covington next and then Edwards as long as he wins his next fight.

#1285 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 07:06 AM

I want to see Usman vs Stylebender. That's the only challenge I see right now for Usman. Outside of Khabib returning. Maybe if Khamzat Chimaev returns and ends a couple more fights early, that could be intriguing.

#1286 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 April 2021 - 08:30 AM

Why do people keep saying, outside of Khabib returning? Is that actually possible?

#1287 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,564 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 25 April 2021 - 09:34 AM

Why do people keep saying, outside of Khabib returning? Is that actually possible?

No, not while his mother is still alive at least. He promised her she would never have to see him fight again and he is nothing if not true to his word.

#1288 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,465 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 April 2021 - 05:51 PM

https://twitter.com/...4529979392?s=09
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1289 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 07:35 PM

Doesn’t Edwards have a win over him?

I don’t expect him to lose to either but I think you do Covington next and then Edwards as long as he wins his next fight.

Covington and Edwards havent fought. Sounds like Covington gets the next shot. Colby is the 2nd best in the division but he's not beating Usman. I feel like Welterweight has been kind of weak for awhile now.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1290 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 06:59 AM

CBS Sports: UFC 264 predictions -- Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier 3: Fight card, odds, expert picks, prelims

https://www.cbssport...-picks-prelims/

#1291 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,564 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 10 July 2021 - 04:00 PM

Poirier by third round submission. Conor can’t even fake the old version of himself anymore, embarrassing.

#1292 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 10 July 2021 - 09:58 PM

Connor essentially has 1 round to knock him out. Maybe two. I'll be shocked if he wins anything longer.

#1293 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,564 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 10 July 2021 - 11:48 PM

Conor is a joke. He got his ass beat and will blame the loss on the broken ankle. He has become the SNL skit version of himself.
  • TwentyThirtyFive likes this

#1294 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 03:06 AM

Conor is a joke. He got his ass beat and will blame the loss on the broken ankle. He has become the SNL skit version of himself.

He always has an excuse. Have always rooted against him. He cherry picked a lot of his opponents for one. Two, he's always been an a-hole. Three, he clearly doesnt want to be a complete MMA fighter. I promise you he doesn't work like Poirer works at his craft. Maybe that's the money but I've never been sold he's had that kind of desire and heart.

Of course he's a cash cow so Dana is going to keep giving him big fights and opportunities. How many times has there been a 4th fight between fighters? None off the top of my head. If the reverse had happened and Poirer lost like Connor lost he'd never get Connor again. I hope Connor just goes away. Go box and get your ass beat by Floyd again. You probably can fool people into paying up big one more time.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1295 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 11 July 2021 - 09:15 AM

Dustin handled everything perfectly. Didnt even know some of the stuff McGregor was saying going in but it was obvious he was going to go back to talking a bunch of crap. He's quite the goof at this point. Big fan of what Poirier is doing in and out of the octagon. Appears to be a great dude.
  • BobPhelan likes this

#1296 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,564 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 11 July 2021 - 09:41 AM

Dustin handled everything perfectly. Didnt even know some of the stuff McGregor was saying going in but it was obvious he was going to go back to talking a bunch of crap. He's quite the goof at this point. Big fan of what Poirier is doing in and out of the octagon. Appears to be a great dude.

100%

“Karma isn’t a bitch, she’s a mirror”

#1297 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 03:23 PM

Jon Jones was arrested early Friday morning by the Las Vegas Metro PD, a police spokesperson told ESPN. Jones is being charged with battery domestic violence and injuring and tampering with a vehicle. More info coming to

#1298 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,564 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 24 September 2021 - 03:46 PM

Such a piece of garbage. Disappointing but not surprising.

#1299 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 06:26 PM

That guy will be dead or in prison by 50

#1300 BSLChrisStoner

BSLChrisStoner

Owner

• Administrators
  • 156,027 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 07:33 AM

ESPN: Kamaru Usman wants to fight Canelo Alvarez in boxing match, says bout would be 'biggest ever in history'

https://www.espn.com...st-ever-history

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=