1319 replies to this topic

#1 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

Anybody else obsessed with this like me?

Ellenberger vs. Sanchez tonight. I'm going with Jake. Interesting stuff at Welterweight right now with this fight and Hendricks/Koscheck. I'm guessing Condit (I watched his fight with Diaz again, definitely think Condit deserved it) will wait for GSP and the winners of tonights fight will go up against the winner of Hendricks/Koscheck for a true number one contender for the winner of Condit/GSP or just Condit if GSP faces a set back. Diaz can fight the loser of the title fight after serving his likely year long suspension.

Great card in Japan next weekend.

#2 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

I have Comcast and thus can't get the UFC tonight so let me know how the televised fights go. I agree with your pick as well.

I will be switching to Verizon soon due to this and no fox soccer HD on Comcast.
@brobey1

#3 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

Also, did you see they added 2 more fights to the ppv next week so it is a 4 hour ppv. Chance it could go to 2 am on the east coast! There are some great fights. Looking forward to it.
@brobey1

#4 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:33 PM

I have Comcast too so I couldn't watch it either but it looks like I was right. Once my deal with Comcast runs out I'll be switching to directv or Verizon so I can get Fuel TV.

And yeah that's an incredible 7 fight main card next weekend. I can only buy a couple ppvs a year so I'm a little disappointed that I chose 143 over 144..

#5 mweb08

mweb08

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,295 posts
  • LocationRidgely's Delight

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

I have Comcast too so I couldn't watch it either but it looks like I was right. Once my deal with Comcast runs out I'll be switching to directv or Verizon so I can get Fuel TV.

And yeah that's an incredible 7 fight main card next weekend. I can only buy a couple ppvs a year so I'm a little disappointed that I chose 143 over 144..

Yeah, bad call on 143.

Why not go to a bar to watch it?

#6 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:44 AM

Yeah, bad call on 143.

Why not go to a bar to watch it?

Wife and kid. If I can find a way I'll watch it otherwise I'll have to catch a replay.

#7 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

I live a 10-15 minute walking distance to a Greene Turtle, so I've been fortunate to see a couple good fights. Not great on some of the names yet, but I do like watching Jon Jones fight. Saw a George St. Pierre fight, which stunk because it seemed like the guys weren't doing anything for the first couple rounds.

#8 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

I do like what the UFC does when a fighter is unable to defend his title due to medical reasons. Kinda classy on how they let the injured fighter keep his title, let two guys fight for the interim title, and then the winner fights the injured guy for the real title when everyone is cleared to fight.
@mrbeanage

#9 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:56 AM

GSP is usually a boring fighter because he's learned not to make mistakes since he got knocked out by Matt Serra. He's very cautious, if he can beat u by jabbing you for 5 rounds or taking you down and laying on you he will. But he's a freak athlete and great at everything.

I agree to a point with the interim title. It's fine if Condit would take another fight to defend it before November but if hes just going to wait for GSP then I think they should've just made that a number one contender fight.

Check out Saturday's card if you can Bean, a lot of good matchups.

#10 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

GSP is usually a boring fighter because he's learned not to make mistakes since he got knocked out by Matt Serra. He's very cautious, if he can beat u by jabbing you for 5 rounds or taking you down and laying on you he will. But he's a freak athlete and great at everything.

I agree to a point with the interim title. It's fine if Condit would take another fight to defend it before November but if hes just going to wait for GSP then I think they should've just made that a number one contender fight.

From a spectator POV, I don't like the way GSP fights, but if I was champion, I would take my sweet time and let the opponent make the first move. The fight I saw went the distance, but that was because they were taking their time for the first couple of rounds. Very surprised that Condit won the match. I think people were thinking that Diaz was going to be the one to win it.

I'll take a look at the card and see if anything looks good. Some of the PPVs have been iffy, although the Condit-Diaz PPV had most of the fights going the distance.
@mrbeanage

#11 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

You were right about the card. It was pretty good. Saw Rampage Jackson lose to Bader by judges decision (going in, assumed that Jackson was going to lose in the 1st round) and I saw Henderson win by judges decision over Edgar. Also got to see Boetsch win the 3rd round after trailing in the first two. The PPV matches fights were very good and definitely worth seeing.
@mrbeanage

#12 You Play to Win the Game

You Play to Win the Game

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,346 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

You were right about the card. It was pretty good. Saw Rampage Jackson lose to Bader by judges decision (going in, assumed that Jackson was going to lose in the 1st round) and I saw Henderson win by judges decision over Edgar. Also got to see Boetsch win the 3rd round after trailing in the first two. The PPV matches fights were very good and definitely worth seeing.

The Boetsch fight was simply phenomenal, best fight of the night, and one of the best come backs I've seen in quite a while. It's ashame Edgar lost. Henderson started acting like a real doucher toward the end of that fight. This is one of those times where fighting a weight class to high really hurt Edgar, IMO. But like a champion, he battled to the end and had more strikes and take downs at the end of the day.

#13 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

I'm disappointed Frankie lost but Showtime/Henderson 2 should be good. I'd like to see Frankie drop down to featherweight to fight Aldo. Rampage needs to hang it up. Sounded like a real good card.

Looking forward to the flyweight tourney on Friday.

#14 DBean

DBean
  • Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Rampage needs to hang it up.

Just by the way he looked, I figured Rampage was going to lose in the first round, but he held his own against Bader. Even had a nice powerslam of Bader during the fight. I have more respect for him now, but I do think it's time that he hangs it up.
@mrbeanage

#15 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

Rampage needs to hang it up.

Just by the way he looked, I figured Rampage was going to lose in the first round, but he held his own against Bader. Even had a nice powerslam of Bader during the fight. I have more respect for him now, but I do think it's time that he hangs it up.

While I agree that Rampage is on the downside of his career, I think the leg injury really hampered him in the fight and the doctor's told him not to fight, but he couldn't give up the chance to fight in Japan again...because of his name, you'll see Dana give him at least one more fight, once he's healthy, to see what he has left.

What a great card the PPV on Saturday was and what a great next week or two its going to be on UFC with the fights on Friday and then the Ultimate Fighter Live starting up!
@brobey1

#16 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

What a great card the PPV on Saturday was and what a great next week or two its going to be on UFC with the fights on Friday and then the Ultimate Fighter Live starting up!

No doubt. Great free show on FX friday, nice Strikeforce card on Saturday, and 16 live fights on the TUF 15 premiere. I love that they changed the show up a bit, it was about time. Last season was great I hope they can keep the momentum going.

#17 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

Uncle Creepy was robbed! Glad to hear there was a scoring mistake and it's officially a draw. Now they're gonna have a rematch but they could've for it right and it would've been settled with a sudden death 4th round.

Pretty good fights for free tv. Love watching the little guys.

Strikeforce tonight.

#18 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Uncle Creepy was robbed! Glad to hear there was a scoring mistake and it's officially a draw. Now they're gonna have a rematch but they could've for it right and it would've been settled with a sudden death 4th round.

Pretty good fights for free tv. Love watching the little guys.

Strikeforce tonight.

I am so pumped that UFC has added this division and can't wait for the rematch. I think Creepy will pull the rematch out as I really think he could've forced a stoppage at the end of the third if he didn't keep pandering to the crowd when he had his back.
@brobey1

#19 BobPhelan

BobPhelan

OTV

• Moderators
  • 14,498 posts
  • LocationBel Air, MD

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Couldn't agree more. Should be an incredibly exciting division and I think McCall will eventually face benvidez in the championship. Joe looked great dropping down.

#20 Brobey

Brobey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Couldn't agree more. Should be an incredibly exciting division and I think McCall will eventually face benvidez in the championship. Joe looked great dropping down.

You are right - Benevidez looked great, although I think if McCall can make the fight go a full five rounds, it seemed like his pace would help him in a fight that goes the distance. But I'm getting ahead of myself since McCall still needs to win the rematch.

Any interest in the Strikeforce card tonight?
@brobey1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=