499 replies to this topic

#41 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 02:48 PM

Yeah, I want to see Hamilton and Flowers at as close to 100% and on the field on Saturday.

#42 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 02:51 PM

Meh he hasn't exactly been great down the stretch here. Hamilton being 100% is more important if you ask me.

Hamilton is 1000x more important than Humphrey.

We're OK at corner with Stephens, Darby, Maulett and Hamilton rotating in and out with Stone playing some safety.
  • PrimeTime likes this

#43 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 03:10 PM

Marcus Williams looked very hesitant, and almost "uninterested" to me late in the season when he returned.  I am HOPING that it was a byproduct of trying to play through something.  Another big plus would be if his two weeks between games can re-energize him a bit.  Having Hamilton roaming all over to chase the ball, and Williams / Stone staying home more on the back end to hunt the ball... big, big plus for the overall defense.

#44 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 17 January 2024 - 04:53 PM

It should come as no surprise that the talking heads are overreacting to the Texans win and doubting all over the Ravens. Recency bias is a very real thing. The Ravens haven't played a meaningful snap since New Years Eve but it's amazing how quickly people forget what they did in the month of December. They just steamrolled the toughest schedule in the NFL, winning by double digits in 3 of their last 4 meaningful games.

I want Saturday to get here and I don't want Saturday to get here at the same time.

@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#45 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 05:12 PM

Recency bias is def a thing. I could see the Ravens completely controlling the game but I really do sense this is gonna be tight. Ryan is good. Stroud is good. They are playing loose.

#46 NewMarketSean

NewMarketSean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,567 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 05:38 PM

Feeling confident. 

I hope this game isn't close but anything can happen, especially in the playoffs.

Hopefully rust isn't a factor.

I never had friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?

#47 BaltBird 24

BaltBird 24

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,670 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 05:51 PM

Don't care if it's a 3 score win or 3 point win as long as we move on to that AFCCG.
  • PrimeTime and Ravens2006 like this

#48 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 06:11 PM

Feeling confident.

I hope this game isn't close but anything can happen, especially in the playoffs.

Hopefully rust isn't a factor.

Im not a fan of confident Sean posts. Feels icky

#49 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 06:48 PM

As with most quarterbacks, I think if the Ravens can apply consistent pressure as they did in the first game, things will take care of themselves.  Stroud is a completely different quarterback when under duress.  In all of the games he played poorly in this year, that was the main reason.  If they let him sit back and make sandwiches like the Browns did, we're in trouble. 

#50 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,290 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 07:06 PM

Melvin Gordon cut. Does Cook get some run ?

#51 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 07:06 PM

Not having Marlo could be huge. Proven guy. The others are inexperienced or mid at best

#52 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 07:09 PM

Not having Marlo could be huge. Proven guy. The others are inexperienced or mid at best

Stephens isn't mid. He's very good.
  • DuffMan likes this

#53 Biggsy

Biggsy

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,290 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 07:10 PM

He was not his normal self all season. But I tend to agree. I'd rather depend on Marlon vs Maulet or Darby.

#54 Mackus

Mackus

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,827 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 07:12 PM

I'm gonna make a very specific prediction, which I usually don't do.

Ravens fall behind quickly by double digits due in part to a freak turnover (borderline catch/fumble or tipped pass pick) backed up by an immediate big play. Claw back and trail by 3-4 at halftime. Take off in second half and still manage to cover the big spread. Basically like the 2020 Tennessee game.

#55 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 08:08 PM

I dont even think we mess ourselves. I just think Hou pushes us real hard. Maybe comes down to a big turnover or who makes the big plays late. Houston is good. Im not coming off of that. The hope I have for a blowout win is that being outdoors in the cold somehow really affects them. Its possible they wont deal with that as well as us. Not that we played many cold poor weather games this year. Those who played in the Pitt game experienced it Week 18.

#56 TwentyThirtyFive

TwentyThirtyFive

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,125 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 08:21 PM

I really hope Im being overly concerned and we do win easily. Maybe Im just spooked by the idea of losing to another Tex team after a great reg season. I also dont like that it feels like we had it too easy in the reg season. Same feeling as '19.  Im looking for the monsters under the bed a bit. I'll admit that

#57 mdrunning

mdrunning

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 08:42 PM

I really hope Im being overly concerned and we do win easily. Maybe Im just spooked by the idea of losing to another Tex team after a great reg season. I also dont like that it feels like we had it too easy in the reg season. Same feeling as '19.  Im looking for the monsters under the bed a bit. I'll admit that

When you've got more to lose, the more worried you are about losing it.

#58 jamesdean

jamesdean

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 17 January 2024 - 08:59 PM

Lets just hope that bad Houston shows up, a la Jets and Carolina games. That would be nice.

#59 PrimeTime

PrimeTime

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • LocationHampstead, MD

Posted 18 January 2024 - 10:05 AM

Stephens isn't mid. He's very good.

Arguably, the biggest surprise this season is Stephens becoming a lockdown outside CB. I don't think any of us saw that coming.

• BSLChrisStoner likes this
@primetime667083

"Just remember, whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Stewie Griffin

#60 DuffMan

DuffMan

HOF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationLinthicum, MD

Posted 18 January 2024 - 10:32 AM

Andrews was a full participant yesterday, reasonable to expect maybe 20-30 plays from him Saturday?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Sponsors

width=